Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2016, 02:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Shower leak Miramar

Sorry for all the questions but this is our maiden voyage so as stuff pops up I can ask the people with experience. We have a slight leak in the shower I've sealed up the tracking system checked the connections in the wall the best I could but it appears to come out at the bottom where the floor is and on the outside in the hallway. anybody have this problem? we already have an appointment with Camping World to check this and other minor problems out when we return home. I would like to stop this in its tracks thank you

Old 03-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #1249
I had a hairline crack in the shower pan of one of my earlier rv's that only opened and leaked when someone was standing in the shower. Fixed that with some Eternabond tape.

Also, had a leak in the shower drain pipe on the Vegas this past year. The trap was resting on the floor under the pan and cracked the connecting pipe fitting from the tailpiece to the trap. Fixed that leak with a rubber sleeve available at plumbing supply. The Vegas leak dripped out of the rear wheel well due to the angle of my driveway.
You probably have a different shower than the Vegas, but most likely are have the same leak prone areas.
You probably have an access panel on or near the shower pan you can remove and check for leaks.
Good luck.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #3

THOR #3584
Great idea thank you I'm gonna look for an access panel
Old 03-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
I noticed on my ACE that the pan flexed a lot when I stood in it. I was afraid it was going to crack and start leaking. I looked under the pan and there is vertualy nothing supporting the majority of it. Just one 2x4 in the middle. It might be worth looking under yours and see if it needs more support too.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:21 AM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
i had the same thing happen many months back. I re caulked everything very carefully and thought I had it fixed it... but on this last trip out it leaked again. I was sitting a bit nose low, so I'm hoping that was it.

Look forward to hearing about what yours turns out to be.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:07 AM   #6

THOR #3584
Thanks blw2. I'm bringing it in this Saturday for warranty service service I will let you know
Old 04-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
I had the same thing happen in my Challenger. It turns out that the shower drain was not connected. The dealer had to remove the floor pan and connect everything.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #8

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
I noticed on my ACE that the pan flexed a lot when I stood in it. I was afraid it was going to crack and start leaking. I looked under the pan and there is vertualy nothing supporting the majority of it. Just one 2x4 in the middle. It might be worth looking under yours and see if it needs more support too.
Reminds me; forgot to mention in post #2 that my shower pan also was not supported very well also, which contributed to my leak. It has a 3/8" thk. plywood (weak) with styrofoam sheet between it an shower pan. It had way to much unsupported span which let the pan flex a lot. I reinforced it with a 2x4 close to middle glued with construction grade glue and a pedestal mid point supporting from floor with shims to final fit all glued. There is barely enough room to get one hand under my pan and was tricky just to get the parts in place, but is not springy now.