Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2016, 10:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
USB Outlets

Anybody know how to get the USB charger connections to work in the bedroom on the 2016 Miramar. The 110 outlets work fine but the four USB connections next to it don't work. Any advice, thank you

Old 03-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
You may want to remove the access panel and check the connections behind it. You may find a loose wire or connection. I had an outside speaker that was not working, pulled the panel and radio out and found a speaker wire going into the plug was loose.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
First question. Do you have your store/use switch in the use mode? If everything else works in the 12v system in the coach, look at the wiring. Maybe Thor did not bother to hook up the wires. It's happened before.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 PM   #4

THOR #3584
Thanks I already tried that it looked pretty sealed, is there a fuse or a main connection it goes into.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:32 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
What model Miramar? I have a 33.5, at the foot of the bed, there is a fuse panel, with automotive blade type fuses. I would start there. Then look at the other breakers. I'm guessing it's a loose connection somewhere!
Old 03-21-2016, 12:36 AM   #6

THOR #1765
Since I think this fixture is new in the 2016s it probably has not made it to any of the wiring diagrams. A call to Thor is probably your best bet. I don't think that there is an access panel to get behind it. The thermostat just has a hole in the wall that the wires come thru. There must be someway to pull it from the wall to see the wires that feed it and to test if they have any power coming to them - or to see if there are any wires at all.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 AM   #7

THOR #1765
Sorry, I didn't see Miramar.. I was thinking Axis. In my Axis "Charging center", if that is what you have, the outside piece that says "charging Center" on it, snaps out and there are two screws underneath it so you can take the fixture off the wall and check the wiring behind it.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 PM   #8

THOR #3584
Yep I pulled the panel from the wall and I check the wires the best I could, they seem to be sealed I will call this morning thank you
Old 04-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #9

State: Alaska
THOR #3993
We just purchased (last week) 2016 Miramar 34.3 and among the TWENTY-SIX problems we found in the first TWO days was that the usb chargers did not work in the bedroom. The fix: the factory had wired them backwards. Switch the wires and it was fixed
Old 04-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #10

THOR #3584
Wow, would you mind listing the problems and I will compare and list mine back?
Old 04-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #11

THOR #3993
Here you go... I had to recreate my list (can't find where I put it!) and right now off the top of my head I have twenty things listed. I know there are more and I'll think of them eventually.

Problems we found the first night while still at the dealer, Thursday March 31st

1. Hallway heater vent not attached to wall. One of the screws was not going into any wood. It needed to be rotated and then re-attached to the wall.

2. The kitchen sink was not installed correctly. It was hanging low on one side with almost a 3/16 gap between the sink and the counter and no sealant to keep the water in. Water would have splashed right into the cabinet below.

3.The nice counter top is all scratched up next to the sink. The edge piece glued to the counter has obviously been broken off and then re-glued. … only it is re-glued crooked. They tried to polish out the scratches on the counter top, but only could get some. There is a place now were the finish is duledl and we still have scratches.

4.The electric outlet in the bunk area was missing it's cover plate (I found it laying under the matress of the bunk). Tired to snap it back on and notice the outlet was not installed incorrectly. It was protruding out of the wall so the plate wouldn't go on.

5. There was hardly any heat coming from bedroom heater vent.

6. Coach door would slam into the coach when you opened the door. We felt it was odd there wasn't even a stopper on the coach to keep it from being dented. Then after looking at other coaches we discovered there was a stabilizer/tension rod completely missing from the bottom of the door.

7. Far left leather panel of the bed backboard fell off the bed-board when removing plastic from the new mattress..

8. Hole in the leather arm of the sofa air bed.

9. Sofa air bed missing from the sofa.

10. The clothes rack in the bunk area is missing a screw holding it to the wall.

11. The USB charger outlet in the bedroom didn't work at all (it was wired backwards

List of things found wrong the first nigt we left the dealer. We traveled 94 miles to my brother's house in Ohio. April 1st

1. The heater went out twice and would not restart. Woke up very cold. Tried to restart the heater. It would not start. Waited 10 minutes tried again. Would not start. This went on for about an hour. Then 4 hours later the same scenario.

2. Tried to use the TV antennae. We found that at sometime it must have been bent over … when turning the handle to raise it up it made a very wobbly circle. Once up (or down) the two white round pieces were not aligning to lock the antennae in place. Upon checking the roof there was a major gap where the antennae wire entered the coach. Water would have seeped into the roof without us knowing it, eventually ruining the coach. Both need to be fixed. That handle still has a slight wobble.

3. The auto levelers were not leveling the coach to level. After trying three times for auto level a carpenters level showed we were ¼ inch front to back and 1/8 inch side to side. These measurements were taken just the length of the level. Multiply that by 36 feet of the unit and that is major.

4. There is no difference in the fan speeds hi and low. They are exactly the same. This was supposed to be fixed at dealer, but it is still the same.

5. The shower door coming out of the track when you open it.

On the way home to Michigan. This is after we had just traveled BACK to the dealer 94 miles for fixes Monday April 4th.

1. The auto levelers are not leveling the coach to level. Noticed the back levelers are not coming down at all now.

2. The coach door wouldn't close. Took one look to see the metal plate screws came loose and had slipped, thus misaligned the door latch. Then we noticed MAJOR EVIDENCE that this has happened before... the coach frame is dented and twisted. It looks as if someone has repeated slammed a misaligned door closed thus denting the frame of the door. With the dents, I'm not sure the metal housing will ever stay tightly screwed in place.

3. The cover of the light under the microwave is missing a screw, it was about to fall off.

4. We are missing several manuals and or instruction sheets: Heater, entertainment system, air conditioner, etc.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #12

THOR #3584
My major issues are The auto levelers are not leveling the coach to level, same as you have.

The engine A/C is not working at all, clutch does not kick in.

Front windshield leaks.

The dash radio does not play video movies and the Bluetooth microphone is missing.

The shower leaks somewhere in the door track on to the floor and into the hallway damaging the wallpaper.

The USB connections in the bedroom do not work.

The bathroom door is way out of alignment.

The entry door is way our of alignment.

The king size mattress had rips in the bottom where screws popped through the frame and damaged it. Thor immediately sent a new mattress directly to my house.

There are other problems that are not major to repair.

Thor warrantee manager Terry assured me these problems will be addressed and covered, and the way he responded in sending us a replacement mattress I am placing my trust in him. Right now the unit is at Camping World in Kingston N.Y. (closes Camping World to out home) for attention to these matters. Unit was purchased at Camping World in Lakewood N.J. I will keep you up to date.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #13

THOR #3993
And I forgot the biggest dissapointment:

When driving away from the dealer we discovered very quickly that our brand new 2016 model did not have the new 6 speed transmission we had expected. We had been told by several dealers we had visited that all 2016s had the 6 speed. The brochure we had in hand said, “6 speed transmission”. We never in a million years thought we had to ask if this particular 2016 was a unit with a 6 transmission. It was in the brochure. Low and behold we ended up with a 5 speed. That was the one of our major factor in our decision to spend the BIG bucks and buy a brand new NEW 2016.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #14

THOR #3993
Just remembered a couple more. One of the doors to the bunkbed area would not open. It was hitting the top rail. They fixed it by moving the plate that holds the hinge on. Well now the two doors are not aligned to each other. The two handles of the doors should be level to each other. They arou about a half inch off. And the door has begun to slip and the bracket is hitting the rail again.

Nothing big, but the acorn nuts on the windshield wipers were very rusted out. And they were turning over a rig with very underinflated tires... dangerous!
Old 04-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #15

THOR #3993
Haven't even checked some of the things you have wrong like the front cab AC. Also seeing the weather is so cold here we can't even try the two roof AC units. It has to be above 40 degrees to turn them on and about 60 before they are even going to kick on.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #16

THOR #3584
I will let you know the outcome, I am just waiting for a return call from Camping World, Kingston N.Y. on the results.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #17

THOR #3993
Good luck!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #18

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsempeel View Post
Haven't even checked some of the things you have wrong like the front cab AC. Also seeing the weather is so cold here we can't even try the two roof AC units. It has to be above 40 degrees to turn them on and about 60 before they are even going to kick on.
I know what you mean. I have not been able to check my furnace since I put in the new thermostat last month.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #19

THOR #3993
We ended up getting a brand new replacement unit! Thought that would be the fix... How would any dealer let an RV go to a customer that had so many complaints they had to replace the unit go out with many of the same exact issues as the first unit. We thought for sure this unit would be in tip-top working condition after the month of turmoil with the first one, but here I sit now at the THOR FACTORY SERVICE CENTER having them go top to bottom fixing everything that should have been in perfect working order when we bought it. I am very grateful to Thor and Bob Pierson for getting us in on such a short notice while we were traveling. It may take two days, but I'm hoping this takes care of all our new issues with unit number two.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #20

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Our USB connections in the bedroom also did not work during our PDI (I brought along a USB cable and a multimeter to check electrical connections.) The dealer checked them and sure enough they were wired backwards and fixed quickly.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote