RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-26-2017, 04:22 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
Posts: 981
THOR #7205
slide floor leak

Anyone here get water on the floor when driving in heavy rain? We just puchased a 2016 WS31 with a full wall slide. After stopping we noticed water had come in, in several places along the slide floor.
Thanks
__________________

__________________
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:32 AM   #2
Member
 
rving2015's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
Posts: 49
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Anyone here get water on the floor when driving in heavy rain? We just puchased a 2016 WS31 with a full wall slide. After stopping we noticed water had come in, in several places along the slide floor.
Thanks
Just curious...were your slides out during the rain prior to getting on the road?
__________________

__________________
Raymond and Anna
rving2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Member
 
HighMobious's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31s
State: Florida
Posts: 81
THOR #6288
Yes was it raining before you started driving and were the slides out? Or were you driving and it started raining? Either way it should never happen. Check the seals around the slide with it fully in. Is there any gaps in the seal. I might even try to spray water around the outside to see if you create the water issue to pin it down.
__________________
HighMobious (MO)
2016 Hurricane 31S
HurricaneRaine
HighMobious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
Member
 
rving2015's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
Posts: 49
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rving2015 View Post
Just curious...were your slides out during the rain prior to getting on the road?
Let me rephrase my question being another rver said this should never happen. I asked if it was raining prior to you getting on the road because if it was and you had your slides out there will be water on the sides and tracks that the wiper seals will not catch as it happened to me during a huge down pour. Luckily I checked the flooring once I brought all 3 slides in and sure enough a small puddle of water below all 3 slides just from the drops of water left in the tracks, etc. If you didnt look at your flooring before getting on the road then you may think it was created while driving. Hopefully this helps others and saves time before you go through all the testing as another stated.
__________________
Raymond and Anna
rving2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
Posts: 981
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rving2015 View Post
Just curious...were your slides out during the rain prior to getting on the road?
No, we started out dry.
__________________
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
Posts: 981
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rving2015 View Post
Let me rephrase my question being another rver said this should never happen. I asked if it was raining prior to you getting on the road because if it was and you had your slides out there will be water on the sides and tracks that the wiper seals will not catch as it happened to me during a huge down pour. Luckily I checked the flooring once I brought all 3 slides in and sure enough a small puddle of water below all 3 slides just from the drops of water left in the tracks, etc. If you didnt look at your flooring before getting on the road then you may think it was created while driving. Hopefully this helps others and saves time before you go through all the testing as another stated.
We started out dry one day, wet another day when we experienced the leak. We pulled the slide (full wall) in first thing. Dumped holding tanks, unplugged from power, then retracted the leveling jacks. We didn't have any water at that point. It was only after having quit a bit of standing water on the freeway that leaking occurred. Thanks for your input guys!
__________________
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
Posts: 981
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMobious View Post
Yes was it raining before you started driving and were the slides out? Or were you driving and it started raining? Either way it should never happen. Check the seals around the slide with it fully in. Is there any gaps in the seal. I might even try to spray water around the outside to see if you create the water issue to pin it down.
After returning home I inspected the seal inside. It had alot of manufacturing debris on the floor reaching just past the seal with my fingers. I vacuumed it with a flat vaccuum attachment. This is our first RV with a slide, so hope this issue will be easily cured.
__________________

__________________
99dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×