Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2017, 03:22 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
slide floor leak

Anyone here get water on the floor when driving in heavy rain? We just puchased a 2016 WS31 with a full wall slide. After stopping we noticed water had come in, in several places along the slide floor.
Thanks

Old 04-26-2017, 05:32 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Anyone here get water on the floor when driving in heavy rain? We just puchased a 2016 WS31 with a full wall slide. After stopping we noticed water had come in, in several places along the slide floor.
Thanks
Just curious...were your slides out during the rain prior to getting on the road?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #3

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
State: Florida
THOR #6288
Yes was it raining before you started driving and were the slides out? Or were you driving and it started raining? Either way it should never happen. Check the seals around the slide with it fully in. Is there any gaps in the seal. I might even try to spray water around the outside to see if you create the water issue to pin it down.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37tb
State: California
THOR #2678
Quote:
Originally Posted by rving2015 View Post
Just curious...were your slides out during the rain prior to getting on the road?
Let me rephrase my question being another rver said this should never happen. I asked if it was raining prior to you getting on the road because if it was and you had your slides out there will be water on the sides and tracks that the wiper seals will not catch as it happened to me during a huge down pour. Luckily I checked the flooring once I brought all 3 slides in and sure enough a small puddle of water below all 3 slides just from the drops of water left in the tracks, etc. If you didnt look at your flooring before getting on the road then you may think it was created while driving. Hopefully this helps others and saves time before you go through all the testing as another stated.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #5

THOR #7205
Quote:
No, we started out dry.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:47 PM   #6

THOR #7205
Quote:
Let me rephrase my question being another rver said this should never happen. I asked if it was raining prior to you getting on the road because if it was and you had your slides out there will be water on the sides and tracks that the wiper seals will not catch as it happened to me during a huge down pour. Luckily I checked the flooring once I brought all 3 slides in and sure enough a small puddle of water below all 3 slides just from the drops of water left in the tracks, etc. If you didnt look at your flooring before getting on the road then you may think it was created while driving. Hopefully this helps others and saves time before you go through all the testing as another stated.
We started out dry one day, wet another day when we experienced the leak. We pulled the slide (full wall) in first thing. Dumped holding tanks, unplugged from power, then retracted the leveling jacks. We didn't have any water at that point. It was only after having quit a bit of standing water on the freeway that leaking occurred. Thanks for your input guys!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #7

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMobious View Post
Yes was it raining before you started driving and were the slides out? Or were you driving and it started raining? Either way it should never happen. Check the seals around the slide with it fully in. Is there any gaps in the seal. I might even try to spray water around the outside to see if you create the water issue to pin it down.
After returning home I inspected the seal inside. It had alot of manufacturing debris on the floor reaching just past the seal with my fingers. I vacuumed it with a flat vaccuum attachment. This is our first RV with a slide, so hope this issue will be easily cured.