Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2022, 12:03 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #13548
Slide doesn't retract

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrose1sg View Post
when it is all the way out it will not come in, but after messing with it it will come back in , the slide is a Schwintek
I had the same problem but for extending. Our smart son began checking wiring with a multimeter and found the wire for extending was bad. At the slide control in storage, he switched the red and green wire and slide extended. Had to switch back to retract. I ran a new wire and problem was resolved.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:10 AM   #22

Model: M29 Windsport
State: California
THOR #17124
Slide

Been following your issue. I have a 2018 Windsport. When you push the retract/extend switch and nothing happens look at the controller and count the blinking lights. There is a complete troubleshooting procedure in LSI website. I have found my LSI systems Jacks and Slides must have good battery voltage before trying to move the slide or jacks. Try starting your engine about 10 min before attempting retract. Lots of good advice on this site.
Good luck
Old 02-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #23

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylegs View Post
It all has to do with amp draw. When voltage is low the amps are high and will cause the controller to stop working and generate a fault code indicated by flashing lights on the controller. For my Lippert I have to push the little button 7 times and hold on the seventh until the lights go out.

The slides go out because the house batteries have been fully charged driving to the site. If boondocking, the voltage will be low when you want to leave in the morning causing high amps.

My boondocking rule is to start the generator in the morning for coffee and toast and then pull the slides in before the generator gets turned off.

Either way always check the voltage prior to working the slides. Less than 80% will cause issues. Loose wiring or other wiring issues will cause high amp draw.hi

With power at the post always plug in prior to working the slides.

One more point. Do not run the slide after it stops. Stop pushing the button as soon as the slide stops. I was always told to run for 3 seconds after it stopped but doing this will cause the motor to pop out of its seat. It is a pain to fix and will always be easier to pop out in the future.
You may need to check that one little piddly screw holding the motor. I ran a bit larger screw into that. The Judge has some great posts about this issue.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:09 AM   #24
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Also with Schwintek Slides, ALWAYS hold the retract/extend button for 3-5 seconds AFTER the slide is either full closed or open. This will keep both motors in sync.

Preventing Your Schwintek Slide-Out from Getting Out of Sync in the Future
Now let’s talk about preventing your system from getting out of time. When you extend or retract the system, at the end of the stroke, you want to stay on the switch for approximately three to five seconds to assure that the controller is able to recognize the zero point.

Her are instructions on how to resync your slide. (probable not for your immediate situation, but good information for future issues. I niticed the video link in it does not work, so here is the working VIDEO link.

https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming...syncing-issues
Old 02-13-2022, 08:50 PM   #25

Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Still clear as mud. Did you see my questions above? And define "messing with it".

We are not mind readers here and although we really want to help, our crystal balls are too foggy. I try to clarify the symptoms by asking pertinent questions so the help is on target instead of WAGs.
16ace27, just my opinion but I think you have been on the board too long. You seem to be more interested in taking smart-shots at people who have questions and genuinely are looking for help. The last thing they need when they are broke down, stumped and looking for solutions to an RV problem is a sarcastic remark. If this is out of place feel free to delete but I felt it needed to be addressed.
Old 02-13-2022, 11:25 PM   #26
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
16ace27, just my opinion but I think you have been on the board too long. You seem to be more interested in taking smart-shots at people who have questions and genuinely are looking for help. The last thing they need when they are broke down, stumped and looking for solutions to an RV problem is a sarcastic remark. If this is out of place feel free to delete but I felt it needed to be addressed.
You obviously don't pay attention to the thread. When someone comes with a problem they frequently fail to accurately describe the problem, the equipment of concern or even the model year. I always ask pertinent questions that, if answered would clarify the situation and elicit much more helpful responses.

In this case I simply asked the OP to clarify the statement " it will not retrack".

When that hadn't been clarified by my post that you quoted, I explained WHY questions are asked (in that quoted post). Maybe you think WAGS are helpful to people, but most do not as they just confuse the issue. Yep, clear as mud is a sarcastic remark but it is also a reminder that questions have been asked and not answered.

BTW, here is a screen shot of my PMs list for the last 3 weeks. Notice a trend?

There's about 200 more there since the last time I purged my INBOX about 2 years ago because I had reached my PM limit.

If you like, there is always the "ignore" option.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:57 PM   #27

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You obviously don't pay attention to the thread. When someone comes with a problem they frequently fail to accurately describe the problem, the equipment of concern or even the model year. I always ask pertinent questions that, if answered would clarify the situation and elicit much more helpful responses.

In this case I simply asked the OP to clarify the statement " it will not retrack".

When that hadn't been clarified by my post that you quoted, I explained WHY questions are asked (in that quoted post). Maybe you think WAGS are helpful to people, but most do not as they just confuse the issue. Yep, clear as mud is a sarcastic remark but it is also a reminder that questions have been asked and not answered.

BTW, here is a screen shot of my PMs list for the last 3 weeks. Notice a trend?

There's about 200 more there since the last time I purged my INBOX about 2 years ago because I had reached my PM limit.

If you like, there is always the "ignore" option.
I will just stick with this thread and end this conversation, you seem to be the only one having a problem with the OP and I assume the ignore option works for everyone.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:18 AM   #28

THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galobo View Post
I will just stick with this thread and end this conversation, you seem to be the only one having a problem with the OP and I assume the ignore option works for everyone.
Let me think now, I messed with it and suddenly it worked. Anybody know where my hot water tank is? I found a screw under the sink. Anybody know where it goes. These need more detail. Don’t criticize Ace. He knows a little bit about a lot of stuff. I’ve posted the same snarky questions. And when an OP (original poster) ghosts us and never comes back we’re all left wondering what happened. Please tell us year, and model. Brand appliance. And specifics.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #29

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Let me think now, I messed with it and suddenly it worked. Anybody know where my hot water tank is? I found a screw under the sink. Anybody know where it goes. These need more detail. Don’t criticize Ace. He knows a little bit about a lot of stuff. I’ve posted the same snarky questions. And when an OP (original poster) ghosts us and never comes back we’re all left wondering what happened. Please tell us year, and model. Brand appliance. And specifics.
No one said Ace didn’t know what he was talking about or that he hasn’t helped many folks along the way, It’s was simply about how he approached someone sitting in a hundred thousand plus dollar problem needing help. eace
Old 02-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #30

THOR #14780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grampa View Post
Some of the slides have a delay, you push to open for 2 seconds, let go then push again, and activates. Could happen with retraction as well.

Good luck
we had this same situation and had to push the button twice for it to work. we learned to try twice and haven’t had any problems.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:36 PM   #31

State: Indiana
THOR #27269
Slide out retracting on its own

We have a 2021 Thor Quantum
Last night 11pm the slideout retracted on its own. It happened again today at 4pm. We have disengaged the parking brake with thought that slide out will not activate if parking brake is off.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2022, 09:21 PM   #32

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweissrph View Post
We have a 2021 Thor Quantum
Last night 11pm the slideout retracted on its own. It happened again today at 4pm. We have disengaged the parking brake with thought that slide out will not activate if parking brake is off.

Any suggestions?

Do you have a physical switch for the slide or do you have a Firefly Digital Panel and switch?
Old 07-01-2022, 09:26 PM   #33

THOR #27269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Do you have a physical switch for the slide or do you have a Firefly Digital Panel and switch?
We have a physical switch IN/RETRACT that needs to be pressed and hold
Old 07-01-2022, 09:59 PM   #34

THOR #17765
Are you the first owner? Do you hold the switch for 3 to 5 seconds after the motors quit? It’s a toggle switch. Does it feel like it’s sticking?
Old 07-01-2022, 09:59 PM   #35

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweissrph View Post
We have a physical switch IN/RETRACT that needs to be pressed and hold

I’m would try removing the switch from the wall. Them remove the wires from the switch and tape the ends.

Then see if it happens again. If it does, it could be an issue with the Controller.

If it doesn’t happen any more, it could be a defective switch.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:11 PM   #36

THOR #27269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Are you the first owner? Do you hold the switch for 3 to 5 seconds after the motors quit? It’s a toggle switch. Does it feel like it’s sticking?
We are the first owner. We were trained to hold the button for 3 to5 sec to make sure slides synch.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:14 PM   #37

THOR #27269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I’m would try removing the switch from the wall. Them remove the wires from the switch and tape the ends.

Then see if it happens again. If it does, it could be an issue with the Controller.

If it doesn’t happen any more, it could be a defective switch.
Judge,
Thanks for recommends. Will make sure switch is not sticking and then consider removing the switch.
I do not see any other messages indicating that other users have had this problem.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:23 AM   #38

THOR #17765
Is the controller in a storage compartment flashing any codes after it does this?
Old 07-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #39

Model: Fourwinds 24F
THOR #9511
So you had 2 events of 15-20 seconds 17 hours apart that made the slide controller think the retract switch was engaged. I would be asking what was happening at those 2 times to cause the event - was it raining, windy, power surge, brown out or chipmunks mating in the controller bay? It’s a fairly simple circuit - switch, 3 wires, molex connector and controller. I would first check codes as Jimbo suggests, then look to see if there is excessive moisture in the controller bay…maybe A/C is draining into the bay or you have a water leak…then look at the wires and connections…have critters eaten them, connector not seated well…then ohm out the wires/switch. If all of that is fine then the controller is probably letting you know it is about to go Tango Uniform. Quick call the LCI with controller number and they can tell you. Any answer other than “no” and I would be on Amazon ordering a controller.

Or, just pass it off as a freak of nature event and cross your fingers.
Old 07-02-2022, 02:12 PM   #40

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I was told recently with a wonderful tech at Firefly, fail to move issue, remove the control panel and carefully unplug the pin adapter from the back of the panel. Let it sit 10 minutes and reconnect. All good...the tech service is great. She said lots of issues you'd never think could be corrected, can be corrected/reset this way.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote