Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Windsport 29m Mods

We've had our 2017 Windsport 29m for over a year and we love it. I'd like to share some of the modifications and changes we've made to our motorhome.

We added this tile trim for a backsplash to keep water from damaging the wall covering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV tile trim.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	8209  

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Nice mod. My Hurricane 35M had the partial tile trim, but I still had to lay down a bead of silicone between the wall and countertop to keep any water out.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #3

THOR #5564
The 29m came with a full backsplash around the cooktop area, but the vinyl wall covering was bare were the rest of the countertop and wall joined. It was like this in our old MH, after several years water worked it's way under the silicone joint and damaged the vinyl wall covering. To keep any water out of this joint I opted to use ceramic tile, installed with quick set, grout and waterproof sealant. It took some searching to find a tile trim that blended with all the existing finishes. I think we found one that complemented the decor and will do the job.

2017 Windsport 29m
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #4

THOR #5564
Sheep Skin Seat Covers

Never found leather seats to be very comfortable, especially on long drives. After a couple of three hour treks the wife and I agreed the leather captain chairs needed seat covers. We opted for sheepskin, cool and dry in the summer, while warm and comfy in the winter. Captains chair sheepskin covers were a bit hard to find, but we found them on Amazon at Blonde's Pit Stop in Colorado. They had to be custom made, so after several conversations, measurings, and a recut, Dorthy put together a pair of perfectly fitting sheepskin seat covers. After almost a year, a 5 week road trip and six thousand miles they have proved to one best upgrades we've done! These really make a difference when it comes to comfort and reducing fatigue! Forgot to mention the price was very reasonable, especially considering the custom fit and top quality materials!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV seat1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	8212   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV seat 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	8213  

2017 Windsport 29m