Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Florida
THOR #6451
Small amount of water leaking from window frame

We were camping this past weekend and the window near the dinette on our Miramar starting dripping from the top of the window frame. The water seemed to be coming from the middle of the frame. It wasn't raining outside and was nice and sunny. It was very humid outside (Florida) and I had the inside of the motor home nice and cool. The drip didn't last long. We did have rain the day before but there was no leak at that time. When we got home, I took a hose and blasted all around the window and let the water shower down the side of the motor home on top of the window. No leak. I know if the past I would sometimes get a lot of condensation on the windows on our travel trailer so I am wondering if this was just condensation? Has anyone had this happen before? If it's a leak I surely want to get it addressed but I haven't been able to make it leak.

Burch

Old 07-09-2018, 02:01 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I would think it is condensation. Nothing else makes sense, especially if it wasn't raining.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Was the water running in on the inside or running down on the outside? I would guess it was from the A/C which I'm sure you had going full blast. If it was A/C condensation, check the outer most roof seal where it meets the wall in the area above that window or the seal along the top of window frame.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #4

THOR #6451
Water was ruining down the window from the inside. It was coming from inside the middle of the top of the window frame. AC had been running full blast and we had rain the first three days of our trip and no drip. I noticed the water dripping from the frame on the 4th day of our trip. Only day we didn't have rain and it only lasted 30-40 minutes or so. Would drip about once a minute or so. It wasn't much water and once it stopped it didn't do it anymore. Drove through a monsoon on the drive over. The rain was coming down so hard the traffic on the interstate was only running about 5-10 mph. It rained like this for at least 20 minutes and not a drop of water inside the motorhome.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #5

THOR #6451
One more thing to add. This window is on a slide that has a slide topper so there wasn't any water on top of the slide.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Got to be a small weep hole there somewhere in the window frame along the top edge. You've eliminated most other possibilities. Run a strip of removable tape along top of window frame the next time in the rains and see if it reappears. Sounds like a super small issue...those are the hardest to find!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote