Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #1350
I had two extra batteries installed in my unit last year as well. When dry camping my batteries would only last 3-4 hours as well. When I got home from my trip, I took my rig back to the dealer. They found one new terminal at the battery didnt have a good connection. You may want to check that out.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:34 AM   #22

State: Idaho
THOR #2373
Thanks I replace my three 12v batteries with four 6 volt batteries and it seems to be working well. Its in my yard but I had the heater, some lights and my computer on all night. I woke up in the morning and made 3 cups of coffee drawing 11amps on each cup during the day and still haven't run down the batteries yet. Tride using the microwave, 11amps and that worked. I always had to use the generator for the coffee and the microwave.
I thrilled !!!!
Checked out the converter and it is disconected so no double charging.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:00 AM   #23

State: Idaho
THOR #2373
Sorry, I had Camping World, on warranty, put in a Xantrex 3000w Inverter/Charger to replace the 3 Nature Power 3000 w Inverter/Charger in Mesa Ar. It is working great so it was either the Nature power or the three 12v batteries that didn't work... ???

Mike and Pete, in service , at Mesa AR worked with me to get this done and for the first time I was pleased how they looked out for me...
Never thought I would say that. lol
Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 AM   #24

State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Poor Service from Camping World

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMACE View Post
Bought a brand new 2015 Ace 30.1 in Feb. Camping World put a new Nature 3000 Converter/Charger and 1 extra battery. $4500.00 The converter hasn't worked correctly since they put it in. If I dry camp the batteries only last 3 to 4 hrs then I'm on the generator. CW says they don't know whats wrong with it and won't work on it or even return my calls anymore even though its still under warranty. Im 2.5 hrs away from the nearest dealer.
Any help? Mike
Regarding the poor service with CW (not returning your calls); I have had a similar experience (Golden, CO) and ended up calling their corporate office Customer Service. The rep. stated I would receive a call within 48hrs. I received a call from Golden within 30 minutes.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #25

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
The Harris battery and many similar batteries are not true deep cycle batteries. Some are marine/RV hybrids Some are just junk. If it is a true deep cycle it will have a 20 aH rating. I'm f not there don't. The Harris battery are around 60aH. This means after 30 aH of use they are by by. Add a second similar battery not much better off. A set of 2 T1 Trojan 6 v deep cycle will give you 220 aH or about 110 usable amps. Big difference.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:33 AM   #26

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Monitoring Amps

I recommend installing a TriMetric battery monitor model TM 2030. This will show you your real amperage or wattage usage in real time, as well as record usage logs. It will show you amperage remaining, time until charging needed, and many other parameters. It is manufactured by Bogart Engineering, and I am not connected to them in any way.

The monitor takes ALL the guess work out of where you are in terms of voltage use, and voltage remaining.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 AM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by UX108 View Post
Regarding the poor service with CW (not returning your calls); I have had a similar experience (Golden, CO) and ended up calling their corporate office Customer Service. The rep. stated I would receive a call within 48hrs. I received a call from Golden within 30 minutes.
Have you got the telephone number and who you talked to at corporate? That would be nice to have. I have not had problems with Camping World, but I have not asked them to do anything yet. Thanks.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #28

State: Colorado
THOR #4179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Have you got the telephone number and who you talked to at corporate? That would be nice to have. I have not had problems with Camping World, but I have not asked them to do anything yet. Thanks.
Here's the number: 1-270-781-2718 and I believe the gent I spoke with was Arlen.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #29

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by UX108 View Post
Here's the number: 1-270-781-2718 and I believe the gent I spoke with was Arlen.
Thanks. Hope I never have to use it... But nice to have,
Old 05-25-2016, 08:47 PM   #30

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Engine surging

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMACE View Post
Does anyone know why my V10 engine would start oscillating when going up a hill or when accelerating . Maybe fuel pump starving for gas? It almost feels like a computer or timing thing
Our new ACE 29.3 starting surging after 900 miles or so and we took it to our local Ford dealer. Not sure what they did, but they mentioned the throttle body (dirty?) and an air sensor. After about three hours it was returned to me fixed. He also said nothing showed when he hooked up the computer so I have no idea what he did actually did other than what I mentioned.