Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2017, 01:25 PM   #21

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Mike download the app all stays and it will show you all the height clearance is of all the bridges along your route for 2.99 one-time charge and no ads. it's a great app. Also shows you gas stations, Walmart, read books and rest areas.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I tried using a cover years ago on one of our other coaches, did not like the results. No matter how tightly you strap it down the wind will find a way. Had a hole where the ladder meets the roof even though I had padded it and made sure the cover was tight. Paint on the coach was scuffed at all four corners.

After my bad experience I started using covers on the roof ACs only, keeps leafs and crud out, I also cover the wheels. Before storage I used good quality wash and wax and that's it. Quick wash in the spring and ready to go. Did this when we lived in Indiana and got fair amounts of winter snow.
Thanks Dave. I bought tire covers and have them on, the hot AZ sun can be brutal on tires that aren't moving for prolonged periods. I am concerned about the wear on the paint, but wife insists we can tighten the straps and it won't be a problem. But we have enough plans for using the coach for now that she's not in a hurry. Hoping to meet some folks at CG's to talk to. 26 years married, and she still accepts things more readily coming from random strangers than from me!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
"26 years married, and she still accepts things more readily coming from random strangers than from me! "

Ha! Been married 49 years and it doesn't get any better!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #24

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
"26 years married, and she still accepts things more readily coming from random strangers than from me! "

LOL, I have no doubt of that!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #25

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamperjan View Post
Mike download the app all stays and it will show you all the height clearance is of all the bridges along your route for 2.99 one-time charge and no ads. it's a great app. Also shows you gas stations, Walmart, read books and rest areas.
I found two All Stays apps, one for RV and one for Truckers. It's $9.99, reviews are mixed, but generally bad for Androids like my phone.

I'm planning to get a Garmin GPS and it lets you program your coach specs, warns of low clearances and tight turns. Thanks for the tip though!

Mike
Old 06-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post

I feel your pain, I have the same problem too!!! I have three college degrees, my wife has two, but she's smarter than me, or at least that's what she thinks, Ha!!!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #27

THOR #7863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I feel your pain, I have the same problem too!!! I have three college degrees, my wife has two, but she's smarter than me, or at least that's what she thinks, Ha!!!
Seriously, I joke about it but it is frustrating. I've told her about something, sometimes repeatedly, only to have her come to me at some later date and say "Blah blah blah, because this random guy I met at the store said do..." And it's the EXACT SAME THING. I have friends with the same experience. I guess it's true... Mark 6:4 Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home."
Old 06-29-2017, 12:09 AM   #28

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKANSAN View Post
I passed on our dealership's offer. They wanted $2,400 to protect the exterior and interior.

Good lord, $2,400! Ours was "only" $600 and I would have passed if the plan didn't include the potential to replace fabric damaged beyond cleaning. Still, I rather regret purchasing it.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:01 AM   #29

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
THOR #8050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Good lord, $2,400! Ours was "only" $600 and I would have passed if the plan didn't include the potential to replace fabric damaged beyond cleaning. Still, I rather regret purchasing it.
It was getting embarrassing.....when I said no, the price dropped to $2,100 for the show special. The next no, and another $100 off because we belong to Costco. The next no, brought in Veteran's discount of another $100. A quick internet check found the exact procedure offered by Flagg RV for $1,100....and I knew that even that price seemed highly inflated.