Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2020, 09:56 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 32.3
State: California
THOR #19929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Why not call Thor tech support.....theyll answer anything.GO TO THE SOURCE.
See post #12 and #17... they couldn’t answer the question.. but a Thor schematic indicates it should be the fan being discussed..

Old 08-19-2020, 11:52 PM   #22

THOR #19929
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkalunian View Post
on our 32.3 the center switch operates the fan in hall between the bathroom and the bunk beds. Is the fan turned off at the switch next to the fan?
Since you have the same model, I suspect mine should be the same. I have confirmed power at the switch and switch function. But there is no switch at the fan that I can see. It is directly wired to two wires that go into the ceiling. I’ll have to check power at the fan but 111 degrees today at storage.. it will have to wait..
Old 08-19-2020, 11:55 PM   #23

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegobrass View Post
Wish it were so.. lol.. as I said at #4.. “No joy!! Doesn’t affect the ceiling fan at all..”

I do think that might be the intention. I am in contact with Thor so I’ll hopefully get their response this week.

Question for you though... Does your fan automatically lift the vent cover too when you flip the switch? My vent cover must be opened manually before the fan will operate (so my wife couldn’t reach it anyway).
That is correct. fan will not ope the vent. must be done manually.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:51 AM   #24

Model: 2016 ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2371
Sandiegobrass, FWIW , I have a 2016 ACE 30.1 and have only 1 black rocker in that location that runs the two over counter lights. I have no remote switches that operate the fans
Old 08-20-2020, 03:06 AM   #25

Model: Citation SR24
State: Florida
THOR #13811
A horse is a horse of course of course .....🎶
Old 08-20-2020, 03:12 AM   #26

THOR #19929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marck View Post
Sandiegobrass, FWIW , I have a 2016 ACE 30.1 and have only 1 black rocker in that location that runs the two over counter lights. I have no remote switches that operate the fans
Your comment is interesting to me..

First let me say I am quite sure that this middle rocker switch is for this fan like the other 32.3 owner stated. I can’t properly see or get to this fan with the slide in, and I can’t see or feel the other switch at the fan but i believe it has to be there; I’ll look better when I can extend the slide and get to it.; I can’t where it is stored.

But back to your point, I talked with a Thor authorized service establishment here in SoCal about this switch, and they said that there were only two active switches (like yours) and that they had found that there were coaches with a triple rocker switch at this location with the center nonfunctional. What they said was that some had three rockers installed (by mistake) but only two were functional. I don’t think that is my case, but talking to Thor customer service and factory approved service center did not provide a good answer.

Thank for your (and all others) response and experience. I am sure I will find that switch at the fan.

Jim (SDB)
Old 08-20-2020, 03:21 AM   #27

THOR #19929
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFla View Post
A horse is a horse of course of course .....🎶