Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5577
Swivel seat lock position

Hey
The drivers seat in my 2016 Vegas locks with the seat pointing somewhat towards the outside mirror instead of the the center of the steering wheel
Drivable,sure, but a real pain in the neck....literally !!!
Any suggestions on how to correct it ?
Thanks
Cappy

Old 12-08-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5374
I would believe that the base of the swivel where it bolts to the floor is not properly indexed ( not square to the steering wheel).
If that's the case it would require redrilling the holes for the base where it is bolted to the floor so that it will "park" properly in front of the steering wheel.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #3261
Perhaps the bolt holes on the metal base of the seat are slotted to allow some adjustment for square? I would loosen them up a bit and see if the seat will re-position correctly.

If not, and there is no better means to straighten it available, then judicial use of a die grinder with a metal burr to the holes in the seat base should correct things. However, on a 2016 I would task Thor to warranty it first.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #4

THOR #5577
To PETEW and Chip
Thanks for your input
Interestingly enough, or not, Thor's customer service personal don't have a solution other then "take it to the closest dealer"
My closest dealer has never seen the problem but said to bring it in and they would figure it out Oh yeh " Bring it in in four weeks because they are slammed"
At 75 and battling cancer I don't seem to have the ability to crawl under the seat so I'm hopeful of finding an easy solution....if there is one
Thanks
Happy trails and Merry Christmas
Cappy
Old 12-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Nevada
THOR #4991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
To PETEW and Chip
Thanks for your input
Interestingly enough, or not, Thor's customer service personal don't have a solution other then "take it to the closest dealer"
My closest dealer has never seen the problem but said to bring it in and they would figure it out Oh yeh " Bring it in in four weeks because they are slammed"
At 75 and battling cancer I don't seem to have the ability to crawl under the seat so I'm hopeful of finding an easy solution....if there is one
Thanks
Happy trails and Merry Christmas
Cappy
Hi Cappy,

First and foremost, I pray that you are successful in your battle with cancer.

We have the same problem with our driver's seat in our new 2016 Hurricane 31S. The pedestal is not square with the dash. I discovered the magnitude of this after I put the edge of a L square on one side of pedestal and compared the other edge of the square with a straight line on the floor. The pedestal is twisted several degrees to the right.

Thor is well aware of this problem. It has been reported on this and other forums. This is not an issue I would recommend you fix yourself due to the liability issues. I wrote the president of Thor about this and many other issues I have with our coach. It took 23 days for a customer service representative to contact me. He has assured me Thor will fix all our problems. We will see. Send the Thor president a certified, receipt requested letter explaining the problem and any others you have and include photos and wait.

I was advised today by our local dealer that they are no longer a Thor dealer and will not be selling any Thor products. Apparently they came to this decision 2 months ago based on their experience with Thor's service and warranty departments. According to a representative of the store, "they were tired of dealing with delays in obtaining parts, having to make repairs to Thor coaches before they could be but on the sales floor, and losing money on the process."

I realize this is a time consuming process but do not attempt this repair on your own. Keep the pressure on Thor. If you have to become an A hole in the process do it. This goes for anyone having to deal with Thor.

I am writing Thor telling them to find a dealer close to me to repair all our problems. Document everything and take pictures as if you were preparing for a lawsuit.

There is a rumor that a class action lawsuits is being filed against Thor. I am aware of two suite filed in Texas over workmanship, warranty and other issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver's seat not square.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	3494  
Old 12-08-2016, 10:58 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Hey
The drivers seat in my 2016 Vegas locks with the seat pointing somewhat towards the outside mirror instead of the the center of the steering wheel
Drivable,sure, but a real pain in the neck....literally !!!
Any suggestions on how to correct it ?
Thanks
Cappy
WOW... this sucks, if you were closer to me I would be more than happy to check it out and come up with some kind of a fix. If you or can you turn the chair 180 degrees does it lock and it is off the same amount? I wonder if unbolting it and just rotate 180 if it would be better. The use of a die grinder like Chip said might be the best if you had a nice young friend that wouldn't mind leading a helping hand. Good luck to you as this would also drive me crazy....
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5374
Cappy what part of North Carolina do you live in ?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #8

THOR #5577
Movingtara and Mustang94

Thanks guys for your comments and words of encouragement concerning my health
God is in control of my life...I know where I'm going at the end It's all good 😊
I've only had my buggy for three months Haven't had any issues to speak of so have been a happy camper
Sorry Movingtara for your problems
Hopefully everything will be corrected to your satisfaction in the very near future
And thanks for the offer, Mustang94, for your offer to help
As to a younger dude I have one A 35 year old pilot son who is pretty mechanical but although he lives nearby he's in the air most of the time or taking care of our two granddaughters Oh well !!
The service guy I talked to today at my closest dealer really seemed to be willing to help but his time frame is a month to get to me
Not a big deal but I'm kind of like everyone else when there's a problem Fix it NOW 😬
Anyway Thanks to both of you
Happy trails
Cappy