Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2023, 02:34 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #13222
2017 Windsport 34J Battery Water Fill

Hi everyone, I am pretty much new to this forum, but in need of some advice,

Just curious how everyone does the water fill on your batteries.
I have Four batteries, 2 12 volt and 2 6 volt Two in series and two in parallel with a switch somewhere in between them, don't ask I didn't install. Very difficult to get your hand in there to remove caps and do the fill. I really don't want to fully remove the battery in fear I wont resemble correctly. I am not really mechanically inclined. I would really appreciate any assistance you can give me. I know you have to use Distilled water, but there has to be a better way to do the fill.

Thank you all in advance,

Lou Meister

Old 01-20-2023, 02:54 AM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Fill rite kit for 6v, maybe 12v

Are the 12v sealed?

Replace 12v with AGM
Old 01-20-2023, 03:07 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmeister1 View Post
Hi everyone, I am pretty much knew to this forum, but in need of some advice,

I have Four batteries, 2 12 volt and 2 6 volt Two in series and two in parallel with a switch somewhere in between them, don't ask I didn't install. Very difficult to get your hand in there to remove caps and do the fill. I really don't want to fully remove the battery in fear I wont resemble correctly. I am not really mechanically inclined. I would really appreciate any assistance you can give me. I know you have to use Distilled water, but there has to be a better way to do the fill.

Lou Meister
Most TMC plant 750 battery compartments are crowded with cables and CBs. If you are going to stick with flooded batteries (I did), then Flow-Rite is your best bet. <https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Flow-Rite-Battery-Watering-System-p/55-8754.htm>
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 12:11 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I unplug mine from shorepower. Take a picture of wiring. Carefully remove all the cables and hold down straps, then take the batteries out. Fill with distilled water, then reinstall. Check all the 50a and 100 a breakers. It ain’t fast but it works for me.
Old 01-20-2023, 12:57 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Go on Amazon and buy the Flow-Rite battery hydration system. You will also need to buy the hand pump bulb to use it. That system makes it extremely easy to keep the lead acid batteries topped off. I installed it on my 2 6 volt coach batteries as well as my 12 volt chassis battery. Make sure you buy the correct system based on the type and number of batteries.

Paul
Old 01-28-2023, 09:36 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmeister1 View Post
Hi everyone, I am pretty much new to this forum, but in need of some advice,

Lou Meister
Do what Beau said. I got the Flow Rite and it's the best money I ever spent. It's a pain to install. I have 3 flooded batteries in my 2018 Windsport 29m because I needed more amp hours after I converted my fridge to a 12v system. All I do about every month or two is hook up the hose that goes in the gallon of distilled water and the other end snaps into the hose that goes to the batteries. Just a couple squeezes on the bulb and there all full. Bob Trice
Old 01-28-2023, 10:33 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #10043
I have a ‘17 34J as well. I took a picture of the batteries in the compartment & then I used cheap harbor freight black & red wire ties to remind me of the terminal positions