Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-20-2019, 02:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Utah
THOR #11093
Unhappy Thor Aria Broken Slides

I’m a little disappointed in our new 2019 Thor Aria 3901. I love the motor home, but it’s been in the shop for 6 months, with 95 items wrong with it. Now we are being told the large slide has broken parts and will take 4 to 6 weeks to repair, because it takes so long to get parts from Thor. We have used this brand-new motor home less than 3 months. We’ve missed 2 planed trips and probably a third. Has anyone else experienced problems with their Thor Aria?

Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 PM   #2

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Aria

Yes, we did. But I found that most of the waiting for parts issues were caused by my dealer. Either they hadn't ordered the parts when they said they did, or the parts were there and they just hadn't gotten around to installing them, and they blamed Thor. When I called Thor, they gave me dates and times of orders, shipping dates and the name of the person at the dealer that signed for the deliveries. I found it became much easier for me to just have Thor send me the parts and install them myself, when I could. Although, we did not have a list of 95 items, more like 12 or 15 total.
Mike
Old 05-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I would call Thor...the "dealer blaming Thor" parts tactics get old. Slides are serious business...if it were me...and I actually did this (800 miles one way)...make the trip to Wakarusa...make it a road trip...they will repair it like no other can. It's a PITA, but you paid huge bucks for the coach. Do it once and be done. They set up an appointment with you. You furnish them a list of everything needing attention. They have everything they need for repairs when you get there. They designate one technician to your coach...that person works on it full time until it's ready to go. They also do a full "tune-up" on everything else, run it back through the rain shower and check it for leaks...and the bonus...they upgrade anything they've found to be a problem in the past (they replaced all of my cabinet catches)...the process is awesome!!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34J
State: North Carolina
THOR #10018
Call Thor. My experience is that Thor ships very quickly and the dealer takes either to long to order parts or just drops the ball. Many times the parts arrive and they are just sitting somewhere in the dealership.

Thor has been very helpful in providing tracking numbers and signature info. This in turn allows me to hold the dealerships feet to the fire.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm with Gritz on this one: it sounds as if a trip to Wakarusa might be your best course of action...
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #6

Model: Aria - 3901
State: Michigan
THOR #14654
I absolutely agree with the other posts suggesting to call Thor. I have found their service group to be very helpful. Unfortunately it seems that some dealers are so overwhelmed with work that they just can’t keep up - especially this time of year. I just had to replace our fireplace and Thor shipped the replacement and the dealer had it within 5 days!!!

Good luck
Old 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #7

THOR #11093
Thanks so much for your info. I wish I would have done that last year. I just talked to Thor and they said the parts were shipped. I know the problem is with my dealer. So I quess it's time to start dealing with my dealer.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #8

THOR #11093
Thank you. I just called Thor and they told me the parts were shipped. So now I need to deal with my dealer.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynice View Post
Thank you. I just called Thor and they told me the parts were shipped. So now I need to deal with my dealer.

If I bought a coach as nice as yours and it spent 6 of its first 9 months in the shop I think I’d change tactics. I’d meet with the General Manager of the dealership to see if he or she can expedite matters. I’d also ask Thor CS if there is another shop nearby that can handle warranty repairs. Or I’d take Gritz’s excellent advice and schedule my next trip to Indiana. It’s a beautiful state with lots to see and do and I’d let Thor fix it right - one and done. In any event, good luck with your repairs and I hope you’ll get it all behind you and enjoy many happy miles.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Going through the GM is a dead end street. They know they have service problems but sales out the door outweigh it. If they don't care enough abut their own business...why would they care about you? You can get to Indiana and back before you'll get the your coach in a service bay at the dealer. Light the fuse and run like hell!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote