Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Having had both kinds of doors in my 2014 Vegas and 2016 Axis, I see no reason why you could not replace the old doors with the new ones. They look to be exactly the same width and height. Instead of being hinged in the middle, they are separately hinged and hung separately. The only difference is no longer have the bathroom open to the bedroom and you have access to the closet in the new configuration. The new doors are much narrower and lighter, so you would have to replace the old ones. But I don't see any reason why it would not be relatively easy to take out the old ones and install the new kind.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:34 AM   #42
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Jamie, is there a way to retrofit the new double doors on the original bathroom? Has anyone done it as far as you know?

I've only seen where a couple of owners have replaced the bi-fold door with a curtain; which doesn't seem like a permanent solution.
I don't know of anyone who actually followed through and did the modification. When the new units started delivering with this configuration there was a few people commenting here that they'd like to do the mod but no one has never posted that they went through with it.

We like the bi-fold but I can see that over time it may not stand up: Ours has started opening while I'm driving around--I think the pin that holds it closed is either bending or no longer fully seating into the roof. I've been thinking about adding a magnetic latch to the ceiling to hold it closed.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #43

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #3802
we picked our brand new Axis 24.1 in February and have had several problems- this morning the attachment to the main propane line was found to be split and leaking propane I would love a front end alignment but finding a Ford dealership that can do it is the problem
Old 05-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #44
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisgirls2016 View Post
we picked our brand new Axis 24.1 in February and have had several problems- this morning the attachment to the main propane line was found to be split and leaking propane I would love a front end alignment but finding a Ford dealership that can do it is the problem
Call Ford Motorhome Roadside Assistance and they can tell you the closest dealer that can do an alignment 800-444-3311.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #45

THOR #1765
In south Florida, there are no Ford dealers that have the equipment to align Class A RVs or large trucks. They all send theirs to Truck alignment centers. I asked around and found the truck alignment center with the best recommendations and went with them. They are experts in alignments and know what they are doing.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #46

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
I am a new Thor Motorhome owner. I haven't even had it a year. Have I had some issues, YES! But like many have said, carrying a house on a light truck chassis is a complicated matter. From reading other forums Thor is no better or no worse than any other RV at this price range. I actually first looked at the Airstream Class B+. But after reading their forum, I just backed off. Airstream may make wonderful Class A and towable RVs. But there Class B was being thrashed on their forum.

I used to race sailboats in the San Francisco Bay. When I bought my sailboat, it had all the same type of issues as I now have with the RV. Heck, I even dismasted (main mast folded in half) once during a Wednesday Night Beer Can Race.

Owning an RV (or boat) is like being a Boy/Girl Scout. One day you get your electrical badge. Next day you get your fiberglass badge. Another day you get your engine badge. I find it challenging and fun.

If I wanted to have a hassle free life, I would just stay in the concierge level of a fine hotel. I prefer to explore, solve problems, and enjoy the road.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #47
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokisgirls2016 View Post
HI....you have a couple excellent suggestions...I do not remember where you are in Texas...if near Katy...you might check with Camping World...it is huge operation...we bought our Dorado (previous mh) from them...with no problems.
If considering them...be sure to checkout reviews.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #48

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Gbrown,

Well said. The nice part about this Forum is there are lots of owners with lots of experience fixing things on their RV. So you do not have to re-invent the wheel when something happens on your RV...just post a question and suggestions/fixes are usually available.

I have seen others list other threads to refer to (not quote a line or two, but reference an entire thread). How do you do that?

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #49
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
I have seen others list other threads to refer to (not quote a line or two, but reference an entire thread). How do you do that?
If you want to link to another thread simply copy/paste the URL to the thread in the edit window:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...axis-1433.html
(I usually open another tab in the browser to find the thread I want to refer to so I can copy/paste without losing the one I'm posting at.)

In addition, you can post a link to a specific post. This is a little more complicated: At the top right of each post there is a number (like #1, #2, etc.). Click on that. It will open a new tab showing only that post. Don't copy/paste that link, instead click on the link for the thread right above the # (or right click on that link and then select "copy link location"). Now paste that into the thread:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...html#post10113

Just paste the links into the edit window. The forum software will put in the title text (it actually hits the link and pulls back the title text, that is why amazon.com links pull back "robot check" all the time--if you want to fix that, just edit the post and put something else in for "robot check" )
Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 PM   #50

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Thanks. Have printed and saved that info.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #51

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
I am a new Thor Motorhome owner. I haven't even had it a year. Have I had some issues, YES! But like many have said, carrying a house on a light truck chassis is a complicated matter. From reading other forums Thor is no better or no worse than any other RV at this price range. I actually first looked at the Airstream Class B+. But after reading their forum, I just backed off. Airstream may make wonderful Class A and towable RVs. But there Class B was being thrashed on their forum.

I used to race sailboats in the San Francisco Bay. When I bought my sailboat, it had all the same type of issues as I now have with the RV. Heck, I even dismasted (main mast folded in half) once during a Wednesday Night Beer Can Race.

Owning an RV (or boat) is like being a Boy/Girl Scout. One day you get your electrical badge. Next day you get your fiberglass badge. Another day you get your engine badge. I find it challenging and fun.

If I wanted to have a hassle free life, I would just stay in the concierge level of a fine hotel. I prefer to explore, solve problems, and enjoy the road.
In high winds it drives like my Beneteau too.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #52

Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Ours had a sticker right next to the drivers seat when we picked it up saying it needed an alignment. In addition during the walkthrough our dealer stressed at least twice to get it aligned.

In addition, Ford covers alignments for the first year of ownership.
Where does it say that Ford covers the alignments for the first year?? I've had my Axis for 1 month and I've said from the day I drove it home, that it needs an alignment.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #53

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
Ford has restriction on when they will pay for an alignment

Contacted Ford Chassis customer service at 800-444-3311 and they said the only way they will cover the cost of alignment is if it involves a "Ford part failure". Otherwise either customer is responsible for cost of alignment or Thor might reimburse for alignment.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #54
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kats9137 View Post
Where does it say that Ford covers the alignments for the first year?? I've had my Axis for 1 month and I've said from the day I drove it home, that it needs an alignment.
Read your chassis warranty.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #55

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Read your chassis warranty.
As I posted months ago, my local Ford dealer said NO to the alignment. Thor gave me $250 which paid for less than half of the cost.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #56

Model: Challenger 37TB
THOR #4486
Checked my Ford chassis manual and the warranty booklet and there is no mention whatsoever of an alignment done for free in the first year of ownership.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #57

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by kats9137 View Post
Why do you think it needs an alignment. Mine drives fine to me but everyone says an alignment is necessary.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #58
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin
Why do you think it needs an alignment. Mine drives fine to me but everyone says an alignment is necessary.
Ours came with 2 stickers inside advising to get an alignment (one near the driver, and one near the main panel) and our dealer mentioned it at least twice during the walkthrough.

Typically an alignment will be the first step taken to improve the ride and handling.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #59

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Ours came with 2 stickers inside advising to get an alignment (one near the driver, and one near the main panel) and our dealer mentioned it at least twice during the walkthrough.

Typically an alignment will be the first step taken to improve the ride and handling.
Thanks Jamie, I previously posted that I have no such sticker and the dealer made no mention of an alignment. Now I don't know what to think. I guess I will just keep a look out for tire wear. I'm traveling down to Florida in September for the winter so that would give me a good indication on how the tires are wearing and handling.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #60

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
THOR #2601
See my post #17 -- my 2015 Vegas' Ford Warranty book on page 14 said about the alignment covered under warranty within the first 12000 miles or 12 months.

Here is exactly what it says:
In the Ford Warranty Guide (my Ford E350) on page 14 notes that Ford will “replace or adjust certain maintenance items when necessary, free of charge during a limited period. This offer includes “wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first 12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.”
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote