Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2021, 04:50 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #23942
Thor Customer Support

Is anyone else not getting call backs from Thor customer service when you call and get asked to leave your number for a call back and never get a call back?

I've left my number 2 to 3 times in the last 2 weeks and so far no call back.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I can't speak to recently but Thor Customer Support is generally very good. I have gotten callbacks and emails responses anywhere from same day to next day 90% of the time.

Have you tried e-mail as well?

I can only imagine that the tidal wave of new and inexperienced owners is overloading their systems and ability to respond as quickly as they did prior to COVID.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #3

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertun View Post
Is anyone else not getting call backs from Thor customer service when you call and get asked to leave your number for a call back and never get a call back?

They are slammed and some are on vacation for the 4th of July. I have had contact with Thor warranty several times with different issues in the past three weeks and have gotten good response and items shipped to me. I never call because I know they will not answer the phone and I will be in a que 50 miles long. I always contact them via email and send them photos and windy dissertation's on what the problem is. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get a reply but they do respond. They recently sent me an LED strip light, an adapter cable for the Andriod Auto, and emailed me all the PDF files for our model because they were not on the Owner site. We are currently working with them on a problem with our leveling jacks and got two emails yesterday. Since today is Friday on a holiday weekend I would not expect a response but you never know.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:

Never, ever get called back.
Old 07-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I have been dealing with Thor technical and warranty support off and on for the six months I have owned our new Axis. I only left one call back and got a return surprisingly a week later. Other contacts have been by email and response typically takes a day or two.

My current problem is getting parts for the tubular supports for the sofa table as well as the oval table between the two cockpit seats. They were not delivered with my coach. It has been difficult to get across what I need, but my last email yesterday with pics of the parts I did get from Thor (not complete) and pics of the table hopefully will get something going. The incomplete parts I received a few days ago took three months to arrive after I notified Thor warranty support. So maybe in another three months I will be done.

David
Old 07-03-2021, 01:38 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I have been dealing with Thor technical and warranty support off and on for the six months I have owned our new Axis. I only left one call back and got a return surprisingly a week later. Other contacts have been by email and response typically takes a day or two.

My current problem is getting parts for the tubular supports for the sofa table as well as the oval table between the two cockpit seats. They were not delivered with my coach. It has been difficult to get across what I need, but my last email yesterday with pics of the parts I did get from Thor (not complete) and pics of the table hopefully will get something going. The incomplete parts I received a few days ago took three months to arrive after I notified Thor warranty support. So maybe in another three months I will be done.

David
I have had good responses from Thor Customer Service over the past few months with warranty/dealer issues on new 2021 Four Winds.

They have exceeded my expectations.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:46 AM   #7

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
They have been awesome for me. Although I did not call, I went to the owners section and wrote an email. They got back the next day and with ongoing issue sometimes I would hear back in just a few hours. I like having a"paper" trail. Hopefully you get lucking and have Stephanie Le as your customer service rep. She has been fantastic for me,
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:46 AM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Call returns and emails work
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:27 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #9553
Quote:

The few times I did that, they called but try to call after Monday and when you can wait....I have waited for 30 minutes or more but it's worth it!! Bob Trice
Old 07-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
I never tried to call Thor. I did email them several times and have always gotten a reply, usually within 24 hours. I think their customer support is great and they will send you pretty much any diagram you ask for and answer your questions.

I never asked them to send me a part directly so I can't speak to that. If there is one thing I would like to see it would be an online parts catalog. I know it is doable because Winnebago has it.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:40 PM   #11

THOR #14038
We are having an issue too - have a few minor warranty items and last week large slide got stuck out - luckily RV Mobile took 2 hours got the slide in - not sure if motor bad but the rollers are cracked. Still waiting a week later for a call back - I emailed service but the email reply did not help - I asked to set up an appt for service - my dealership is as bad as they can be . I figured let me just drive to thor one day and get it all fixed. But the email rep says oh you need to call customer care and they will transfer you to service. Well I did email service and they replied but because I am on extended warranty I guess they did not want to bother - I guess Thor warranty and is another dept then regular service and extended warranty. Anyone know the difference I just want to find a dealership or thor that will fix my problems ANY IDEAS ??- so till then our travels are with a large slide in the in position - we are working around it the best we can -

Just frustrated that you cant get a call back from anyone anywhere to set up a appt
What has happened to customer service !!!
Old 07-21-2021, 10:55 PM   #12

THOR #22245
The extended warranty is usually through a different company not Thor.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #13

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
The extended warranty is usually through a different company not Thor.

Exactly!! My shop is awesome here in coastal NC!
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #14

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
THOR #17765
The state of customer service is horrendous in most industries/companies.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:03 AM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga View Post
We are having an issue too - have a few minor warranty items and last week large slide got stuck out - luckily RV Mobile took 2 hours got the slide in - not sure if motor bad but the rollers are cracked. Still waiting a week later for a call back - I emailed service but the email reply did not help - I asked to set up an appt for service - my dealership is as bad as they can be . I figured let me just drive to thor one day and get it all fixed. But the email rep says oh you need to call customer care and they will transfer you to service. Well I did email service and they replied but because I am on extended warranty I guess they did not want to bother - I guess Thor warranty and is another dept then regular service and extended warranty. Anyone know the difference I just want to find a dealership or thor that will fix my problems ANY IDEAS ??- so till then our travels are with a large slide in the in position - we are working around it the best we can -

Just frustrated that you cant get a call back from anyone anywhere to set up a appt
If you no longer have any time remaining on the Thor warranty take the coach to the dealer that sold you the extended warranty. They sold it so they should honor it.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:48 AM   #16

THOR #14038
yes i know but I would like to have thor do the
service since i battled my dealership for 1 year already
and now i have the slide issue
Old 07-22-2021, 02:51 AM   #17

THOR #14038
can you please let me know who it is I would appreciate it very much

i understand the extended warranty is with someone else but my dealership in georgia can go fly a kite
putting it nicely i was trying to get thor service to do it
Old 07-22-2021, 02:59 AM   #18

THOR #22245
So this is what I discovered during my issues with my coach. If you want Thor to fix it it needs to go to Indiana, The dealers are nothing like a car dealer. I have been working with Thor and the dealer on fixes. Mine is new warranty .
Old 07-22-2021, 03:03 AM   #19

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I did get a call from Thor Customer Service back when my coach was new and under warranty. That call was in response to a negative post on this forum.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:36 PM   #20

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga View Post

Thor is not involved with the extended warranty and you would have to pay out of pocket for the work since your coach is out of warranty. Thor does not make the slide mechanism and I would guess it is Lippert. Lippert is located in Indiana so maybe you should call your extended warranty company and ask if the policy covers the slide mechanism and if they will pay for work done at the Lippert service center.