Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2015, 03:56 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 35SK
State: Nevada
THOR #1450
Thor Four Winds 35SK New Owner;s Report

Thor Four Winds 35SK “Super C”
We have had our motor home for about four months now and have put about 2,000 miles on it. We love the vehicle and are very happy with our purchase. Here is a list of the things we love and a list of minor problems.
We Love:
1. Diesel power – Engine is quiet and rarely has to downshift even on hills. The speed control will easily hold 60 mph when crossing the Sierra Nevada mountains on interstate 80.
2. Easy to drive and comfortable to drive. This vehicle is much less affected by crosswinds and passing vehicles than our prior motor home an Itasca Navion.
3. Solid Chassis – Only two minor squeaks which were easily repaired with a couple squirts of oil (TV latch and oven door hinge).
4. Quality components
5. Floor plan – lots of counter space and a walk around bed, lots of indoor storage.
6. Residential refrigerator
7. Auto start diesel generator

Minor Problems – all resolved by owner

1. Leak in sink drain pipe located in a clean out under the refrigerator. It leaked like a sieve. Apparently the cleanout was not properly glued in place. Easily fixed by gooping the outside of the joint with PVC cement.
2. Adjustment needed to the TV latch and one drawer latch due to alignment issues
3. Impossible to remove the diesel generator oil drain plug without using a bolt extraction tool. (corners were rounded off the drain plug hex bolt). Removed by owner with a Sears bolt extraction tool and replaced with a new drain plug. This is not a Thor issue. It is a Cummings issue.
4. Jensen TV speakers were poor quality and covered by cabinet. Easily fixed by adding a Visio 2.0 sound bar ($70) to the cabinet immediately below the TV.
We believe these problems are minor and better than I expected in a new motor home.

We are still gaining experience and need to try dry camping to see how long the generator must run each day (because of the 110 volt refrigerator) to recharge the batteries. We will add a tow vehicle in the future.

Once again we are very happy with our motor home and will be spending at least four months per year living in and traveling in it.

Jim Whalen

Old 06-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 35SK Super C
State: Missouri
THOR #711
Hello Jim, I just came across your post. How's everything going with your Four Winds up to now? Seems my issues from the beginning were similar to yours. All were minor and taken care of by the dealership under warranty. Some recent HEAVY and BIG hail has put a temporary stop to our travels. Waiting on insurance appraisal outcome. Hope all is well.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #2212
Hello Jim,

I'm currently in the market searching for a 2015-16 35SB and was wondering, if you didn't mind sharing what was your final price on the 35SK?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:10 AM   #4

THOR #1450
1014 Four Winds 35 SK Cost

I paid $115K in Oregon at the end of Sept. 2014. (But they also gave me at least $5K above market for my trade-in, so what dis I really pay? Perhaps $110K? Who knows?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:00 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #2212
1014 Four Winds 35 SK Cost

Thank you Jim for sharing that info.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #6

THOR #1450
35SK Cost

I forgot to mention that the MSRP was $154,000.

Regards,

Jim
Old 03-09-2016, 04:09 AM   #7

State: Illinois
THOR #3773
My MSRP was $171K and I paid $113. No trade
Old 10-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #8

THOR #5601
Howdy Jim,

Where in NV are u guys? we are in Reno and closing on a 35SB Chateau, would love some feedback
Old 10-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #9

THOR #1450
We are in NW Reno just off of I 80 at exit 5 as you head west from Reno. The motorhome is located 12 miles north of us just off Hwy 395 and Stead Blvd. Happy to answer any questions or to meet with you. 916 995 1242.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #10

THOR #5601
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhalen457 View Post
We are in NW Reno just off of I 80 at exit 5 as you head west from Reno. The motorhome is located 12 miles north of us just off Hwy 395 and Stead Blvd. Happy to answer any questions or to meet with you. 916 995 1242.
that's awesome!! we are in South Reno 775.3518412
Old 10-03-2016, 12:40 AM   #11

State: Illinois
THOR #3773
We once the extensive punch list was complete, which took four trips and 8 months. I am now happy to say, I love this unit with the diesel engine. It drives great. Thor missed so much stuff, its embarrassing. Let me know if you want the list.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #12

THOR #5601
Quote:
Originally Posted by danj12 View Post
We once the extensive punch list was complete, which took four trips and 8 months. I am now happy to say, I love this unit with the diesel engine. It drives great. Thor missed so much stuff, its embarrassing. Let me know if you want the list.
I'd love it, thanks

Sharon@MaccabeeArms.com
Old 10-18-2016, 02:47 AM   #13

THOR #5601
Well,

Seller has the 35SB in the shop (La Mesa) for fixing issues, i'm wrapping up financing.....hoping to get more feedback and hopefully a good punch list to go by....(Dan? ;-)

Any other feedback? someone? LOL
Old 03-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #14

THOR #5601
Super C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhalen457 View Post
Let me know when you have some time, she is finally at our possession and we are planning our 1st tripwould love to have an experienced local guide me as I never owned or camped in one LOL
Old 03-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #15

THOR #5601
1st trip...

well, finally getting ready to go on our 1st trip , a week long SoCal LEGOLAND/seaworld/Disney, finally found out why no heating, looks like "sale witch"?, also noticed a chunk of rubber missing from rear tire....waiting on continental to respond..... any advice before our 1st "voyage"?

Tags
four winds 35sk