Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #21
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
The person that messaged me also made a remark about me buying my MH from Camping World (basically saying I'm an idiot for buying something from them). Oh well, I am certainly new and maybe Camping World isn't the best but all I know is what I know and I can only make informed decisions based on the research I find at the time (for past history...which there isn't any in regards to owning a MH).
There have certainly been varied opinions and experiences with Camping World - it does seem to vary widely by location.
I didn't buy my RV from CW, but they did do the installation of the towing equipment for my Wrangler (base plates, braking system, etc) - had no issue getting an appointment (it was in November - with limited window between getting the RV and leaving on extended trip), they did good work when promised at a competitive price. (Belleville, MI location)
I have not tried to take any other work to them - as they are an hour drive one way...

If you have a local dealer (any name) that provides you the service you expect and deals with your issues - then keep them and continue to use them...

There are sometimes issues being able to get other dealers to do warranty work on rigs they didn't sell - either in priority or just willingness to do it... again a significant difference from the auto industry.

2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I've used the Belleville, MI CW for various service jobs over the years including getting the oil changed in the Axis for both the V-10 and the generator, repacking the wheel bearings in our old 5er, and used their collision center to secure a replacement window (which I installed).
Granted all my work was pretty standard stuff though; never had any issues with them of any kind.
That location is close enough to my home that I can swing by and pickup stuff on my way home from work.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:21 AM   #23

State: California
THOR #3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
There have certainly been varied opinions and experiences with Camping World - it does seem to vary widely by location.
I didn't buy my RV from CW, but they did do the installation of the towing equipment for my Wrangler (base plates, braking system, etc) - had no issue getting an appointment (it was in November - with limited window between getting the RV and leaving on extended trip), they did good work when promised at a competitive price. (Belleville, MI location)
I have not tried to take any other work to them - as they are an hour drive one way...

If you have a local dealer (any name) that provides you the service you expect and deals with your issues - then keep them and continue to use them...

There are sometimes issues being able to get other dealers to do warranty work on rigs they didn't sell - either in priority or just willingness to do it... again a significant difference from the auto industry.
We had a great experience with CW today when we went to pick up our MH. Of course, the finance guy tries to sell you all kinda of warranty's and so forth but thats no different than any car dealer. We are super happy and can't wait to take our first trip next weekend. Can't speak for the service dept yet but I have heard good things locally about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I've used the Belleville, MI CW for various service jobs over the years including getting the oil changed in the Axis for both the V-10 and the generator, repacking the wheel bearings in our old 5er, and used their collision center to secure a replacement window (which I installed).
Granted all my work was pretty standard stuff though; never had any issues with them of any kind.
That location is close enough to my home that I can swing by and pickup stuff on my way home from work.
I will probably use CW to do our oil changes. I could do them on my own (and may eventually) but for now, I kinda want to see how the service department is and how they handle situations in general. Our CW is only 20 minutes away so that makes it pretty easy too.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:23 AM   #24

THOR #3870
Thumbs up

Picked up our Thor Hurricane 30Q today and loved the drive home. It reminds me of the box delivery truck (although nicer inside obviously) in the way it rides and how big it is (and the small rattles here and there). We are going to make our first small trip next weekend... can't wait!

Old 03-25-2016, 02:27 AM   #25

THOR #3870
I do have a dumb (what I feel like is dumb anyway) question.

Next to the entry door, on the bottom are a "Connect / Disconnect" for Chassis and Coach buttons. I assume the Disconnect to the Coach would disconnect all power to the the inside (like the radio and so forth) but what does Disconnect / Connect the Chassis do? The guy went over so much stuff today I must have zoned out on that part. Hahahaha

And... should I leave it Connected or Disconnected to the Coach unless I am storing it for say over a month?
Old 03-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #26
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
When stored leave everything disconnected. If you have it plugged into "shore power" leave everything connected.

You really only disconnect when in storage (even if only in storage for a week you should still disconnect as it only takes a few days sometimes to kill the batteries).
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #27

THOR #3870
Quote:
When stored leave everything disconnected. If you have it plugged into "shore power" leave everything connected.

You really only disconnect when in storage (even if only in storage for a week you should still disconnect as it only takes a few days sometimes to kill the batteries).
Ok, thanks... thats what I thought. What does "connecting" the chassis do?
Old 03-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #28
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov
What does "connecting" the chassis do?
I'm guessing you have 2 switches one for the house and one for the chassis: batteries. You'll have one or more house batteries for the RV "part" and a starter battery for the chassis.
(Ours only has a disconnect switch for the house battery.)
Old 03-25-2016, 02:18 PM   #29

THOR #3870
Quote:
I'm guessing you have 2 switches one for the house and one for the chassis: batteries. You'll have one or more house batteries for the RV "part" and a starter battery for the chassis.
The chassis battery has nothing to do with the engine battery, correct? I do remember him showing me two batteries thag he said were for the coach but I dont remember seeing one for the chassis. I just wasnt sure what the chassis battery "powers".
Old 03-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
chassis battery = engine battery
Old 03-25-2016, 05:13 PM   #31

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
In the 2016 Axis, there is now an engine battery 50 amp breaker/disconnect in the front of the engine, similar to the one in the side of the coach battery box. I don't remember the engine one in my 2014 Vegas.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #32

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Picked up our Thor Hurricane 30Q today and loved the drive home. It reminds me of the box delivery truck (although nicer inside obviously) in the way it rides and how big it is (and the small rattles here and there). We are going to make our first small trip next weekend... can't wait!
Congratulations. If yours is the one listed by Camping World in Fresno, it's the best one I've seen in pictures. Not only the dual AC and 50-Amp service, but the interior floor and cabinets look much better than others I've seen.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #33

THOR #3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Congratulations. If yours is the one listed by Camping World in Fresno, it's the best one I've seen in pictures. Not only the dual AC and 50-Amp service, but the interior floor and cabinets look much better than others I've seen.
Yep, that's it! We got it for $47k...which I thought was fair considering it has 14K miles on it and looks new.

We are a bit green on MH's in general so in some sense we lucked out and found this one. It has also real pergo hardwood floors and like you said, the dual AC and 50 amp service. My wife also liked the cabinet color and interior in general... she is very picky. LOL
Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 AM   #34

THOR #3870
Can anyone direct to where I can find a user manual for my 2012 Hurricane 30q? The previous owner apparently didn't keep a user manual, the only manual they left was for the microwave.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2016, 03:04 AM   #35
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Can anyone direct to where I can find a user manual for my 2012 Hurricane 30q? The previous owner apparently didn't keep a user manual, the only manual they left was for the microwave.

Thanks!
You can get the manual on the Thor owners site

https://thormotorcoach.com/document-...&model_year=19
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:07 AM   #36

THOR #3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
You can get the manual on the Thor owners site

https://thormotorcoach.com/document-...&model_year=19
Thank you!

Whats the best way to find out what chassis my MH has? I think it is the F53 but not positive.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:20 AM   #37
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
2012 Hurricane should be the F53. The best way to know for sure is to decode the VIN. Google VIN decoder and you will find a few sites and then enter the VIN and it will let you know what you have.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:26 AM   #38

Model: 2013 Thor Damon Daybreak
State: Colorado
THOR #3604
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php?

Plug your Vin # into the box provided and it will give you all kinds of nifty info
Old 03-27-2016, 03:45 AM   #39

THOR #3870
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
2012 Hurricane should be the F53. The best way to know for sure is to decode the VIN. Google VIN decoder and you will find a few sites and then enter the VIN and it will let you know what you have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvan View Post
VIN Decoder - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ok cool. thanks!

Plug your Vin # into the box provided and it will give you all kinds of nifty info
Perfect... thanks!