Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2022, 06:50 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Picked up a vehicle last week from a local dealer. While finishing up the paperwork he remarked that Vehicle Repos had set an all-time record for 2022 and the data wasn't even in for December. This most likely translates to RV's as well. At the local banks there are several with high dollar pickups parked outside, apparently upside down or they would be sold already.

Not a good trend and as noted a couple times we just came in from another trip and every RV lot we went by was full or overflowing.

Per a couple news articles the car problem will take about two years to normalize to the new normal. We will find out what the new RV normal is next year.

On the positive side camping sites should be a little easier to reserve, in some areas, even with all the units sold the past few years.

The Resort across from my RV shop had open sites this past season for the first time in years.

Old 12-28-2022, 06:56 PM   #42
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Started with a tent trailer that we got used with our tax return money. Could not afford a payment. Purchased our house five years earlier in July 1979 at 12 3/8%. One refinance in 1987 for windows, roof, kitchen, floors, and entry way that I did my self. Interest rate down to 8 3/4% at our credit union. Sold the tent trailer and purchased my sister's Class C. Great until we went across country. It rained for a week and it was small. My wife is not liking it. Sold the Class C to a friend and purchased a diesel dully. Waiting for two more years, but my wife almost died. So got the fifth wheel. Refinanced the house. Credit union had a special for $400 they would give me the current interest rate on our loan. Changed to 5%. Did this one more time and is now 3%. Traded in the fifth wheel and purchased the used 2013 Thor Palazzo. The S&B will be paid off in less then three years. All this said, my wife's health is not good. She will not fully recover from the second COVID shot which she spent six days three different times in a month and a half starting this past June. We are now limited to three to four hours from her doctors. Eight of them. So enjoy life while you can.