Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2020, 05:03 AM   #1

State: Alaska
THOR #20073
Thor Magnatude

I recently purchased a 2020 magnitude bb35. We haven't had it a couple of months and it's been a real rocky road so far! But can someone please tell me how to drain the fresh water tank. The only thing I can find is to turn on the outside faucet in the holding tank area???
Thanks in advance!Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_112418.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	25570

Old 08-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudders View Post
I recently purchased a 2020 magnitude bb35. We haven't had it a couple of months and it's been a real rocky road so far! But can someone please tell me how to drain the fresh water tank. The only thing I can find is to turn on the outside faucet in the holding tank area???
Thanks in advance!Attachment 25570
Have you found where the fresh water tank is? Mine is in right rear storage that holds hydraulics. But my low point drain in the outside shower.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #4

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
I have the XG32 and the drain is under the bed with the water tank.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:45 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have an SV34. The fresh water tank drain is under the bed. You have to take the bed support off to get to it.

The PVC drain pipe sticks out enough through the floor that I connected another 1” PVC pipe to it and a manual ball valve under the coach. I keep the valve under the bed open and then use the valve I added to drain it without taking the bed apart.

I just bought a motorized ball valve that I am going to install over the winter so I can just flip a switch to dump the fresh water tank.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #6

THOR #20073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks
Old 08-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Our 35SF is in the passenger side large storage second from the rear. Probably not much help since you have a different model. However, if your water tank is under the bed than I would take a close look in your outdoor kitchen or perhaps even under the coach.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:44 AM   #8

THOR #20073
Quote:
Thanks in advance!Attachment 25570
Found under bed. Not to bad to get to. Not sure why its not outside
Old 08-20-2020, 04:47 AM   #9

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Quote:
Found under bed. Not to bad to get to. Not sure why its not outside

Keep it from freezing
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 11:46 PM   #10

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
Keep it from freezing

I don’t think that’s it. The low drain point is the outdoor shower, which is exposed to freezing temps.

I think it was just a Thor design or manufacturing flaw making the fresh water tank drain, winterization port and filter that difficult to get to.
Old 08-22-2020, 04:40 AM   #11

State: Indiana
THOR #20132
Just picked up my 2021 Magnitude 35bb / Major slide issue/fuel too

Purchased the 35bb 4 days ago at a dealership 6 hours north of me. Drove it home and realized they never covered the slide operation during the walk thru. The slide was open when we got there. This is our first RV of any kind. So the next day we go out to try some things out on our new RV- the first being the slide. Long story short - after customer service trouble shooting - 8 blinking lights on the controller means a wiring issue and we need to take back to dealer. Thor rep was nice enough to allow us to take it to a non Thor dealership that was only an hour from home. Replaced the motor on the front slide- however tech informed me this is NOT the long term fix. The motor has ZERO clearance with the slide. The original motor had 2 wires sliced in 2 due to this problem. This happened when the slide was closed. The tech feels like this will be a major repair involving removing the slide to fix it correctly. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues like this? I have emailed detailed pics to the sales manager of the dealership along with thor warranty rep. Also - it seemed evident to the tech the issue has been dealt with prior to me purchasing. It was not the first time it has been taken apart to get to the motor.

Backtrack - we left the walk thru thinking the fuel gauge was broken - we agreed to take it to a Ford dealership when we got back. Gauge showed 1/4 tank - service department assured me tanks were full. After 100 miles gauge was going down. I was able to fill the rear tank full - AFTER 30 minutes of very slowly filling. Gauge showed full when I was finished. The Tech looked at this issue as well and said it was a design flaw in the lines...fun times...but I could live with that.

So we have not yet had the RV for 4 days and it appears it is needing to go back to the factory for a major slide repair. Any suggestions? I may have a brand new 35bb for sale so I can move on to something else quickly...just not sure how big of a pounding I am willing to take. We love everything about the coach - just don't want to deal with this on week #1. I am sure they will get it fixed - but we have a window of travel for the next month that started today.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #12

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhisle View Post
Purchased the 35bb 4 days ago at a dealership 6 hours north of me. Drove it home and realized they never covered the slide operation during the walk thru. The slide was open when we got there. This is our first RV of any kind. So the next day we go out to try some things out on our new RV- the first being the slide. Long story short - after customer service trouble shooting - 8 blinking lights on the controller means a wiring issue and we need to take back to dealer. Thor rep was nice enough to allow us to take it to a non Thor dealership that was only an hour from home. Replaced the motor on the front slide- however tech informed me this is NOT the long term fix. The motor has ZERO clearance with the slide. The original motor had 2 wires sliced in 2 due to this problem. This happened when the slide was closed. The tech feels like this will be a major repair involving removing the slide to fix it correctly. I am wondering if anyone else has had issues like this? I have emailed detailed pics to the sales manager of the dealership along with thor warranty rep. Also - it seemed evident to the tech the issue has been dealt with prior to me purchasing. It was not the first time it has been taken apart to get to the motor.

Backtrack - we left the walk thru thinking the fuel gauge was broken - we agreed to take it to a Ford dealership when we got back. Gauge showed 1/4 tank - service department assured me tanks were full. After 100 miles gauge was going down. I was able to fill the rear tank full - AFTER 30 minutes of very slowly filling. Gauge showed full when I was finished. The Tech looked at this issue as well and said it was a design flaw in the lines...fun times...but I could live with that.

So we have not yet had the RV for 4 days and it appears it is needing to go back to the factory for a major slide repair. Any suggestions? I may have a brand new 35bb for sale so I can move on to something else quickly...just not sure how big of a pounding I am willing to take. We love everything about the coach - just don't want to deal with this on week #1. I am sure they will get it fixed - but we have a window of travel for the next month that started today.
Don’t count Thor out yet. Mine had several leaks. Bad leaks. Thor actually flew a guy in, borrowed a bay at a Gander RV, repaired my wall, replaced defective window, resaealed everything in 2 days. Call Thor again and ask to speak with their field rep. Although I wasn’t happy with the way the coach came to mt, I was very impressed with Thor’s efforts.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:09 PM   #13

THOR #20132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Don’t count Thor out yet. Mine had several leaks. Bad leaks. Thor actually flew a guy in, borrowed a bay at a Gander RV, repaired my wall, replaced defective window, resaealed everything in 2 days. Call Thor again and ask to speak with their field rep. Although I wasn’t happy with the way the coach came to mt, I was very impressed with Thor’s efforts.
Thx for the note.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:44 AM   #14

Model: Omni XG32
State: Massachusetts
THOR #19481
I would take it directly to Thor for repair, dealers that actually have repairmen that know what they are doing are far and few between. I refuse to take my XG32 back to a dealer because they usually know less than I do.
Quote:

Old 08-26-2020, 10:46 PM   #15

THOR #20132
Update to slide and fuel

Thor customer service has been great so far. They are sending The rv dealership that’s doing the repairs a shim kit that is used to allow for the 2.5” clearance between the slide motor and slide wall.
Regarding the fuel lines - I have been told they will speak w the technician and tell him how to fix the fuel lines.

While it’s there I plan on installing front and rear sumo springs, rear sway bar upgrade and safe t plus steering stabilizer. All in hopes to fix the sway and rough ride we experienced on our 6 hour drive home from the dealership. I know most recommend one upgrade at a time - but I am impatient and want to cover as many bases as possible.
We will see how it goes from there.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:34 PM   #16

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
THOR #13025
I have the sf35 and the drain for the fresh water tank is on the right rear, outside. The low point drain is in the compartment where the black and gray dumps are.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #17

THOR #12751
Quote:

I have an SV34 and I can educate you on the fuel tank operation and filling.

First, when both tanks are full the smaller front tank is used first. When it drops to 3/4, the computer switches to the larger rear tank. When the rear tank gets down to about 1/4 full, the computer switches back to the front tank. You can see this on the dash by switching the display to show the gauges for both tanks at the same time.

Next, you can't use the high-flow pumps at trucks stops..... unless you limit the flow with the trigger. Those pump nozzles have a large opening (about 3 times larger than an auto diesel pump nozzle). Even though they fit into the filler openings on the F-550, they are designed to fill tractor trailer fuel tanks with a wide mouth opening and large tanks on each side of the tractor. It fills those large tanks very quickly because there is no "plumbing." The fuel dumps directly into the tanks.

Our coaches have plumbing from the tank filler openings to the physical fuel tank. There are one or two 90 degree bends in that plumbing. When using the high-flow pumps the diesel will start to backup and foam because of the restrictions in the plumbing and this causes the pump to kick off prematurely. If you use an auto diesel pump, you will not have any issues filling either of the tanks.

I know it can be a hassle to find auto diesel pumps with easy access in and out when towing but I have not had any issues in the last 10 months. Many gas stations put auto diesel pumps on the outside of their pump islands so larger trucks. I will use truck stops if all else fails and then limit the flow with the trigger but I use auto diesel pumps 90% of the time.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #18

Model: XG-32
THOR #19089
The F-550 Ford on this motorhome is a 2019. Thor will use 2019 Fords until they run out.
If looking for Ford parts down the road they will be a 2019 model parts