Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2019, 02:02 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Alaska
THOR #14573
Thor Quality 2019 Windsport

Is anyone else having problems with rear cap fiberglass cracks? Countertops pulling away from walls? I have a 2019 Windsport 34J purchased new and the interior cabinets are purchased pulling away from walls, breaking caulking. Could just be flexing more than caulk can handle but curiosity if anyone else is experiencing this? Also have what repair shop calls stress fractures.Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_160417.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	21056Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_160441.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	21057Click image for larger version

Name:	20191022_160404.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	21058

Old 10-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #14304
Understand your frustration. I have a 2019 Windsport 33x and have needed to fix quite a few issues. However, I try to keep in mind how much I paid for my new class A and have accepted these issues as part of the price. The only gripe I have is the coach should have been manufactured with a safe-t-plus or similar on the steering, and a much heavier duty rear sway bar both of which made a huge improvement to the handling.
Hope all your future issues are small, happy travels!
Old 10-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #14384
What you show in the bathroom is common anywhere rubber edging is used on RV counter tops. It shrinks or something. Mine will usually re-stretch out and fit again. I've been thinking about putting some stainless brads in to hold it in place.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I would be a bit concerned about that. Doesn't look "normal" to me. Call Thor and send them the pictures. Nearly two years into mine and nothing like that. Are you still under warranty? Plus...whoever left the toilet paper roll empty needs to use the woods and corn cobs for 24 hours. That's usually an easy fix for that issue.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote