Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Which shelf are you referring to? I was talking about the one above the metal crossmember (between B pillars) that forms a large storage area. On most Winnebago Travato 59G that I’ve seen they stored additional cushions that are needed for the front bed. Anyway, that crossmember is from factory, but is being eliminated on some Euro motorhomes.

There is also the much smaller shelf by windshield and sun visors.
The ones behind the windshield. Above the white hard hat.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:24 PM   #42

THOR #3069
Here is a view of my currently messy motorhome. The roof is about a foot higher than the Sequence and Travato. I don’t expect to have as much head clearance but removal of that shelf would work for us. We have had too many concussions and have been advised to avoid all head banging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F4D44D7D-C773-4915-8751-AF7D958F745C.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	23047  
Old 03-26-2020, 06:32 AM   #43

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #18449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topoceans View Post
Good point! I will share general things that way, otherwise, it would be hard for others to find.

I have had some specific problems with the Thor Sequence that I thought a new buyer might learn from my tips such as the sewer hose compartment is small and the glass door to the medicine cabinet magnet is not strong enough. Mine flew open and broke yesterday.

But on general topics I agree with you 100%.
I experienced the same problem with the medicine door opening while driving. Luckily, the glass didn’t break. I ended up purchasing a child safety lock off of Amazon.com and used it to secure the medicine door. Also placed one on the cabinet doors in the rear of the RV.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:38 PM   #44

THOR #3069
Any more updates on the Sequence?
Old 07-04-2020, 03:19 AM   #45
rhb

State: Oregon
THOR #19441
Picked up a Sequence 20L two weeks ago. So far all is well with only a couple of minor problems.

The 20L is the version with two benches. There is an access panel under the mattress on the one on the drivers side. The wooden square that hold the panel in place separated from the platform. It was only stapled in place. Rather then fix it as it was orginally, I pulled the stables out and put it back in place using bolts with locknuts. A lot more solid now

The pin that locks the passenger seat in place loosens whenever the seat is rotated such that it will not lock the seat in place when it is rotated back. Will probably have to have the dealer fix the mechanism. As a temp fix using a hammer at the bottom of the pin tightens it back up and locks the seat in driving position.

Other than that everything seems to work well. Have put about 2000 miles on it since picking it up. 1200 of that was driving back from the dealer in tucson AZ to my home in Oregon. The dealers in Oregon were sold out and I was able to get a new one in Tucson for 14,000 less than the dealers in CA were selling them for.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:37 AM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that the "Miles & Smiles" are already piling up!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:35 PM   #47

THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhb View Post
Picked up a Sequence 20L two weeks ago. So far all is well with only a couple of minor problems.

The 20L is the version with two benches. There is an access panel under the mattress on the one on the drivers side. The wooden square that hold the panel in place separated from the platform. It was only stapled in place. Rather then fix it as it was orginally, I pulled the stables out and put it back in place using bolts with locknuts. A lot more solid now

The pin that locks the passenger seat in place loosens whenever the seat is rotated such that it will not lock the seat in place when it is rotated back. Will probably have to have the dealer fix the mechanism. As a temp fix using a hammer at the bottom of the pin tightens it back up and locks the seat in driving position.

Other than that everything seems to work well. Have put about 2000 miles on it since picking it up. 1200 of that was driving back from the dealer in tucson AZ to my home in Oregon. The dealers in Oregon were sold out and I was able to get a new one in Tucson for 14,000 less than the dealers in CA were selling them for.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Congratulations, please keep posting your impressions.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #48
rhb

THOR #19441
For anyone looking to get a new Sequence be advised that the SiriusXM 3 month offer that is included in the van will not be accepted by SiriusXM. The problem is that Thor changes out the radio and the model they put in is considered to be after market by SiriusXM. Not too much of a problem in that you can pay the $15 start up fee and still get 3 months of air time free. So the $15 is the only out of pocket difference.

Talked with Thor customer service to let them know so that they could pull the offer cards, or to negotiate with SiriusXM to actually cover the radio. After all making an offer that you know will not be honored tends to be counter to consumer laws in most states. I must say that the response from Thor customer service shocked me. The reps response was one of don't know why the offer is there when we know that they will not be honored, don't care. That he was only telling me what he was told. That I should go ahead and report it to state consumer affairs, if it would make me feel better. Have never been more disgusted with a customer service department in my life. Usually they would at least say thank you for letting us know about the problem, even if it never went beyond customer service.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:09 PM   #49

THOR #3069
There is no good excuse for that attitude. We don’t know if it was only an employee who should not be dealing with the public or crummy training.

Regarding the cards and brochures, much of that is grab and put in the RV. In can take awhile to change the habits of the production people.

Sorry you were aggravated.

Be Well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhb View Post
For anyone looking to get a new Sequence be advised that the SiriusXM 3 month offer that is included in the van will not be accepted by SiriusXM. The problem is that Thor changes out the radio and the model they put in is considered to be after market by SiriusXM. Not too much of a problem in that you can pay the $15 start up fee and still get 3 months of air time free. So the $15 is the only out of pocket difference.

Talked with Thor customer service to let them know so that they could pull the offer cards, or to negotiate with SiriusXM to actually cover the radio. After all making an offer that you know will not be honored tends to be counter to consumer laws in most states. I must say that the response from Thor customer service shocked me. The reps response was one of don't know why the offer is there when we know that they will not be honored, don't care. That he was only telling me what he was told. That I should go ahead and report it to state consumer affairs, if it would make me feel better. Have never been more disgusted with a customer service department in my life. Usually they would at least say thank you for letting us know about the problem, even if it never went beyond customer service.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:11 AM   #50

State: Minnesota
THOR #20324
Concern about the 2 small windows

Quote:
The salesman sold me on the

small windows that open on both sides of the van for cross ventilation, which sounds like a good idea until you try to use them. Thor provides two small screens on a roller that go in sideways to install each time you open the window. First, they are hard to install each time because the small spindle hole is hidden at the top of the window opening. Finally, you unroll them out and there is a hook handle for the backside of the window, but there is a half-inch gap on the top and bottom. I don't know what world Thor lives in, but I live in a world of insects and especially mosquitoes, which makes these screens ineffective. Plus I travel with a cat that can easily escape out of these windows even with the screen. Yesterday I took two strips of velcro and put on the top and bottom of the screen, so now I can fasten the screen to keep my cat in and maybe a few fewer insects. They did not think this scenario though, so don't let an RV salesman trick you on this feature.
Hi all: new to forum. We are very interested in the Sequence 20L but are concerned about there only being 2 small sliders in the house area.( specifically the galley area). No opening windows in the twin beds area at all. Has anyone with this model noticed a serious lack of ventilation? I see the 20A model with side bath does have 2 larger sliders in the rear bed area but we prefer the rear bath.
Also, as others have done, we have been comparing the WBG 59K, same floor plan but 4 large sliding windows or optional awning windows. Seems like much more ventilation. However, new 59Ks are $15,000 more here in MN. (95K vs 80K for a Sequence).
Thank you for any comments. I am really enjoying the conversations here. Very respectful and helpful.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:50 AM   #51
rhb

THOR #19441
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSinMN View Post
Hi all: new to forum. We are very interested in the Sequence 20L but are concerned about there only being 2 small sliders in the house area.( specifically the galley area). No opening windows in the twin beds area at all. Has anyone with this model noticed a serious lack of ventilation? I see the 20A model with side bath does have 2 larger sliders in the rear bed area but we prefer the rear bath.
Also, as others have done, we have been comparing the WBG 59K, same floor plan but 4 large sliding windows or optional awning windows. Seems like much more ventilation. However, new 59Ks are $15,000 more here in MN. (95K vs 80K for a Sequence).
Thank you for any comments. I am really enjoying the conversations here. Very respectful and helpful.
I have had my Sequence 20L for 2 months now. As far as I am concerned the small windows are not that much of an issue. I did get a rechargeable USB clip on fan that I put next to the one in the kitchen area if I want more air diverted to the back (TV GO fan $14.99 at target).

As far as the choice between Sequence and Travato 59K. The Sequence has almost the exact same layout, with some minor differences 2 drawers in bathroom vs 3 in Travato for example. However, Travato does have a better fit and finish. When you look in the water plumbing area, the Travato has the valves labeled, Sequence is a bit less organized and the valves are not marked.

Not sure what is included in the new Travato 59k when it comes to the solar, bike rack and ladder that is included with the Sequence.

The Sequence is functional, but Travato 59K is certainly an upgrade in quality of materials and workmanship.

That said you will have to decide if the difference in price is worth the differences. In my case I came across a very good deal where a dealer in Tucson listed a new on the Internet for $69,995 which was the deciding factor for me (dark colored B vans do not sell well in AZ, but did not bother me in Oregon.
Old 08-31-2020, 01:47 PM   #52

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I’ve owned two Thors (Vegas and Axis) for six years and I looked hard at the Sequence and Travato. The deal breakers for me were the opening windows over the couch/beds and the fit and finish of the Winnebago. I was able to find a Travato for the same price as a Sequence (it was “used”, a lady had it for one week and returned it.) I had to work with Thor and its dealers over two RVs and it was not easy, but working with Winnebago has been very different. First, I have not had any issues with the coach itself (very different). But when I called Winnebago and told them the story of my purchase, they immediately changed their records to indicate I was the new owner and gave me the year warranty for a new coach. Then when I called a few weeks later and told them that I had the wrong shower curtain and screen for the back (they had put ones in for a Sprinter van) they immediately sent me the correct ones and a free return envelope to send the others back. To be fair the Sequence has a few things they did better. The A/C in the Travato is not hooked to the thermostat and the shower curtain in the Sequence is on a track while the Travato clips up. Both things I was willing to live with. My Travato also came with moveable ladder that I could hook a bike rack to.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:00 PM   #53

THOR #20324
Thank you rhb & Oneilkeys. Very helpful information.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #54

THOR #23894
Question 2021 Thor Sequence 20k

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this question/problem....my Sequence only has 8000 miles on it and the refrigerator stopped working midway through a trip at about 7500 miles. We checked the fuse and that isn't the problem. I tried to reach Norcold (refrigerator warranty rep, but I'm number 67 in the queue! I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:05 PM   #55

THOR #23894
Quote:
Could you start a Class B section on this forum and add the Thor Sequence as an RV section? I would like share my experiences with my new 2020 Sequence and get feedback from other owners.

John
Perhaps I am posting a question in the wrong way, but I'm not certain as to how to post a question
I have a 2021 Thor Sequence 20k.My refrigerator stopped working and I have less than 8000 miles on it. Norcold has not returned my phone call. I was #67 in a queue, and thus gave up. The fuse is not the problem.
Also, the BMPRO panel than controls the fan, lights, ta k etc keeps glitching out. I then need to remove the front plate from the panel, turn it to the back and remove the wires and clip - to reboot it. Why is this happening.
Thanks for any advice.
I left a message 2 hours ago w/ Thor 800 number but have not heard back from them yet.
Thanks. pstieler@gmail.com. or bennigan.mattson@gmail.com
Old 08-02-2021, 11:37 PM   #56

THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstieler@gmail@gmail.com View Post
Perhaps I am posting a question in the wrong way, but I'm not certain as to how to post a question
I have a 2021 Thor Sequence 20k.My refrigerator stopped working and I have less than 8000 miles on it. Norcold has not returned my phone call. I was #67 in a queue, and thus gave up. The fuse is not the problem.
Also, the BMPRO panel than controls the fan, lights, ta k etc keeps glitching out. I then need to remove the front plate from the panel, turn it to the back and remove the wires and clip - to reboot it. Why is this happening.
Thanks for any advice.
I left a message 2 hours ago w/ Thor 800 number but have not heard back from them yet.
Thanks. pstieler@gmail.com. or bennigan.mattson@gmail.com
Any update on this?
Old 10-24-2021, 01:22 AM   #57

THOR #23894
John, I happened to see your post. We have a Thor Sequence 20k (2021.) We have a few questions about winterizing it. I'm wondering if you might be willing to answer them..
Sincerely,
Paul & Annie

Tags
2020, class b, sequence, thor