Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #181

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Interesting follow-up

We have never used our dishwasher and don't plan on it

It is the only feature on the Tuscany i would have never paid for

In the homes we always use the dishwashers but camping we tend to use paper and dine out often

RV lifestyle isn't cheap but is rewarding

Budget for the big hits

Sent from my SM-G970U using Thor RV Forum mobile app

Old 11-12-2021, 05:17 PM   #182

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post
Hello all,,, Day 22 of my trip and I'm happy to report I am in Harlingen Texas. The weather in west Texas drove me to south Texas and having been here 5 days I am happy.
I have had a few problems with the RV and slowly getting them fixed. First one of my slides would not move. Found out one of the 4 controllers burnt up and 500 bucks to replace. Then the ABS light would not go off. One of the sensors had fallen out of its mount.. Dishwasher doesn't work and after replacing the spray arm motor I get a U6 error. Looked it up and says low water pressure. I'll look for the fix tomorrow. Today I have a company detailing the outside. The man said it looks like it has never seen wax and is in the process of deep cleaning it.
Hope youall are doing well. I hope not to be broke by the end of the year fixing this RV
++Mike
Hey Mike,

Hope you're enjoying Harlingen. We were down there in June. Stayed 3 days then went to Brownsville, South Padre Island and a few more places down there. Stayed at Park Place Estates in Harlingen. Nice place. Sorry you are having RV ownership repair issues. Seems it's always something but I don't mind so much as I used to. An RV is like a mother-in-law. Once you get one you realize they are a lot of work and occasionally act up.

Enjoy your time out of the Northern part up here it's friggin cold.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:52 PM   #183

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
So true....
Dont get me wrong, I am having a good time with the RV. I think you should pack up and come stay the season with me and Cat.
I still don't understand the batteries. On the right side of the coach I have two 12 volt in parallel with a large disconnect switch above it. Then on the drivers side are 4 - 6 volt battery's that look to be in series parallel. The two on the right, after about 5 days the engine will not start, the slides will not move, the jacks will not raise and the gen will not start. When I use AUX start I can get the engine started and the battery's charge... The on board charger will keep the house battery charged but What can be done to keep the chaise ones charged ? I think Thor should have included some way of keep them charged.....
Im about to win the dishwasher battle. lol
Old 11-17-2021, 08:03 PM   #184

Model: Tuscany 42GX
THOR #9178
Your Trombetta is most likely bad

Get out your VOM and check voltage across it

The 2 group 31 batteries are for your chassis and usd the cut iff when storing
Old 11-20-2021, 09:10 PM   #185

THOR #24608
today marks my 1 month living full time in the coach. I have enjoyed the last week to 10 days and look forward to many more weeks at this park. Having people here to talk to helped a lot.
After some research I found out the ignition relay was not disconnecting fully and was leaking amperage from the chaise battery's. Replaced it and now it fine. One more thing off my repair list.. after a weekend of football i plan to find the problem with the shower drain then some little things inside the coach..
I'm having a good time so I'll write more later. Next week will be the beach and sand in my toes...
==Mike
come see me Dog Lovers
Old 11-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #186

THOR #24608
baking soda and vinegar

I put baking soda in the shower drain then poured vinegar in. I then let it sit overnight and heated some water then poured it down the drain. the clog cleared up and even the dishwasher drains much better now.
Next project is the ice maker.. Happy camper here again..
==Mike and cat
Old 11-29-2021, 06:23 PM   #187

THOR #24608
Shower drain question

After cleaning out the shower drain I noticed when the grey water drain valve is closed water back's up in the shower. Also when I run water in the bathroom sink i hear bubbling sounds from the wash machine. This only happens when the grey tank drain valve is closed. I would suspect the vent on those drains is plugged ???? If so, how would I go about clearing that out?
If I were boondocking that would cause a problem i would think...

Thanx for any advice or help with this
==Mike and cat
Old 11-29-2021, 10:59 PM   #188

THOR #6903
Quote:
After cleaning out the shower drain I noticed when the grey water drain valve is closed water back's up in the shower. Also when I run water in the bathroom sink i hear bubbling sounds from the wash machine. This only happens when the grey tank drain valve is closed. I would suspect the vent on those drains is plugged ???? If so, how would I go about clearing that out?
If I were boondocking that would cause a problem i would think...

Thanx for any advice or help with this
==Mike and cat
Start on the roof, pull the vent cap if any and peer down the tube with a good light
Old 01-16-2022, 08:38 PM   #189

THOR #24608
The vent pipe was clogged and with an air compressor set low I was able to blow the clog out.
I had trouble with the dishwasher draining well. I was cleaning up the water bay and noticed a cover plate above the slide out tray. The drain pipe is above it and noticed it runs down hill toward the washer. I looked further in and the kitchen sink also leans toward the sink... I used two electrical 2 hole metal straps with 3/4 inch screws to hold it up.. this not only helped the dishwasher drain better but the smell I sometimes get from the kitchen sink is gone..

Does anyone know of a company that sells updates to the thermostat for heat and ac ? What I want to do is control HVAC and what ever else I can from an i-pad. I currently have a RVComfort ZC
Thanks for any help
==Mike
Old 03-20-2022, 03:52 PM   #190

THOR #24608
I guess nobody reads this section or just doesn't have anything to say. Should I keep posting or just find another article to look and post in ? I don't mean to upset anyone by what I say here.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:03 PM   #191
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
I guess nobody reads this section or just doesn't have anything to say. Should I keep posting or just find another article to look and post in ? I don't mean to upset anyone by what I say here.
You asked a pretty specific question applying to a small subset of the RVs Thor makes. There are waaaay fewer Tuscany owners here than Axis/Vegas/ACE/Class Cs etc. so the chance someone has done that type of mod are pretty slim.

There has been some discussion of upgrading other MH's thermostats with smart thermostats but I don't recall any posted solutions. You can use a residential thermostat if it is battery powered and does not utilize the 24 VAC control power most residential systems use. BUT, you then have to figure out the correct wiring yourself although you may be able to get some help from YouTube University.

BTW, this is a Forum, not an "article".
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 06:06 PM   #192

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Will this work for your application?

https://micro-air.com/products_easyt...ouchscreen.cfm
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:00 PM   #193

THOR #24608
Thanks DogLovers.. Got one on order
Been a while, hope your doing well !
Old 03-20-2022, 11:27 PM   #194

THOR #6903
Don't you have an Aquahot and heat pumps? Two heat sources?

Most newer Tuscany coaches have Aquahots
Old 03-21-2022, 12:03 AM   #195

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Might try the FMCA forum. Plenty of diesel pusher folks there. Might be a better chance. FMCA.com
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:26 PM   #196

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Will this work for your application?

https://micro-air.com/products_easyt...ouchscreen.cfm
Brochure looks great and has the WIFI

Curious if you know about the dual heat source capabilities?

A Tuscany will have two or three heat pumps plus the Aquahot with three zones
Old 03-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #197

THOR #24608
Yes I have a Aquahot system There are 3 heat zones and two thermostats in the basement, One heats the bins and one heats the water tanks. Three AC/heat pumps on the roof. The thermostat that controls the basement can be changed to be a wifi/Bluetooth digital however the water one is mechanical and can not. I called the company about the suggested T-stats and talked to a tech. Gave him what I have and he said it would work. a 6 pin telephone jack and I would need to plug in a wall wart to 110. didn't ask if it was 12 or 24 volt. should have... He added they are about to add "alexa" to the software update. (OK now that would be SWEET)
I ordered one and should have it by the end of the week..
I looked into that forum mentioned previously, I dont feel its the right fit for me. I started with this one 6 months ago and have gotten some great replies from some truly good people. I would like to feel I can keep coming back here not only for help but to offer what I can to the group..
Thanks to all that helped me this week..
==Mike
Old 03-21-2022, 07:34 PM   #198

THOR #9178
Quote:
Yes I have a Aquahot system There are 3 heat zones and two thermostats in the basement, One heats the bins and one heats the water tanks. Three AC/heat pumps on the roof. The thermostat that controls the basement can be changed to be a wifi/Bluetooth digital however the water one is mechanical and can not. I called the company about the suggested T-stats and talked to a tech. Gave him what I have and he said it would work. a 6 pin telephone jack and I would need to plug in a wall wart to 110. didn't ask if it was 12 or 24 volt. should have... He added they are about to add "alexa" to the software update. (OK now that would be SWEET)
I ordered one and should have it by the end of the week..
I looked into that forum mentioned previously, I dont feel its the right fit for me. I started with this one 6 months ago and have gotten some great replies from some truly good people. I would like to feel I can keep coming back here not only for help but to offer what I can to the group..
Thanks to all that helped me this week..
==Mike
Let me know how the thermostat works controlling both the Aquahot and or heat pumps. It apparently has three outputs for one heat source and two for the other two Aquahot zones?

I like having my basement on two thermostats that are stand alone. I do have a wireless monitor on WEFI and that is perfect IMHO
Old 03-21-2022, 07:52 PM   #199

THOR #24608
It apparently has three outputs for one heat source and two for the other two Aquahot zones?
Yes, The ZC inside the coach has zone 1 , 2, 3, Heat electric or gas then AC.
Gas meaning Aquahot system. I don't have propane on this rig..

The t-stats in the basement,, One looks like a cheap camper stat and the other is a black turn dial with a few temp numbers stenciled on the metal holder.
I'll be sure to let you know how this goes.

Now i need the good looking women that can cook and clean MOD.. thats not gonna be cheap.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:36 PM   #200

THOR #24608
WIFI thermostat works..

The easy touch thermostat works great on all systems. The setup is a little odd as in, there are two setup options. I selected #2 and that works with AC, Heat pumps and AquaHot The wifi setup was a little odd as you setup from your phone or pad by typing in the SSid It does not scan for available networks. Put in you password and your done. I also think my HVAC system works better. The aquaHot is operating much better with fewer cycles on just the electric element heating.
I am very happy with the segustion of getting this T-stat. It was to easy and nothing in my life is that way.. Man I'm happy...
Mike