Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2023, 09:26 PM   #221

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post
Day 2 of repairs at the factory service. They are punching out the list of things to repair. Tomorrow is AquaHot. My fear is that I will be told the Thermostat is the root of my trouble and I must return the stock one. Plus the front zone doesn't work. So I will report back on that. My tech is Wayne and he is great to work with. He listens to me all the way and then replies. He also found problems that will also get fixed. This guy is going out of his way to help me.. The final report should come this week on that.
He did fix the dishwasher I think and found that my fresh water tank was about to fall to the ground... Just think 100 gallons of water in a hard plastic tank falling Infront of the real passengers tires !!!
Sounds great so far! Was the floor rotted under the water tank? Curious about that as most of the Tuscany coaches have the same 110 gallon water tank

Old 06-04-2023, 09:12 PM   #222

Model: 40KQ
State: Oklahoma
THOR #24608
Fresh water tank floor

Yes, The tech had overfilled the tank by mistake but the bulge I noticed a few days earlier. I filled the tank before heading home and checked the new frame after 50 miles, no weld cracks.
They did not replace the floor and that has me concerned.
Im happy with what they repaired. I'm still about 400 miles from home having to delay due to rain but i have time making sure all is woking on the coach. Dry camping the last 3 days and all is great. I will admit when at factory service I did not enjoy getting up at 5am to be ready for them to pick up the coach at 6:30 I'm a late person but I adapted. A long week of repairs sitting in the lobby as I had to toad. While there I received the correct drawings of electrical and plumbing. The people are great and helpful
Hope you all are doin well.
Old 06-05-2023, 12:02 AM   #223

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by First RV 4 me View Post
Yes, The tech had overfilled the tank by mistake but the bulge I noticed a few days earlier. I filled the tank before heading home and checked the new frame after 50 miles, no weld cracks.
They did not replace the floor and that has me concerned.
Im happy with what they repaired. I'm still about 400 miles from home having to delay due to rain but i have time making sure all is woking on the coach. Dry camping the last 3 days and all is great. I will admit when at factory service I did not enjoy getting up at 5am to be ready for them to pick up the coach at 6:30 I'm a late person but I adapted. A long week of repairs sitting in the lobby as I had to toad. While there I received the correct drawings of electrical and plumbing. The people are great and helpful
Hope you all are doin well.
Glad you had a good experience
Old 06-12-2023, 01:41 AM   #224

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #2434
Solar power

Our 2016 MQ does not have solar panels although its solar ready (?).
Anyone added solar panels to their MQ?
Old 06-19-2023, 11:58 PM   #225

THOR #24608
Solar

I added 800 watts on my KQ. found out it's not enough...
Old 07-20-2023, 03:07 PM   #226

THOR #29882
Seat covers

New to me 2016 Tuscany 40AX. Anyone have any experience/luck finding seat covers for the captain's chairs?
Old 07-22-2023, 11:38 PM   #227

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwodrich View Post
New to me 2016 Tuscany 40AX. Anyone have any experience/luck finding seat covers for the captain's chairs?
I bought my Tuscany at Bob Herley RV in Tulsa Oklahoma. Nicest RV dealership I ever saw I I’ve seen plenty. The seats were starting to flake so I asked them to have them reupholstered before I bought the coach and they did. Whoever did them did a really fine job. Call them and ask who does their upholstery work. service number: 918-947-8820. tell them I recommended them.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:40 PM   #228

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G Copeland View Post
Our 2016 MQ does not have solar panels although its solar ready (?).
Anyone added solar panels to their MQ?
I also have the 36MQ. Once I realized the East of simply running the diesel generator for hours and the relatively low cost I gave up on any ideas of adding solar.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 08-07-2023, 12:52 AM   #229

State: California
THOR #26821
2015 Tuscany XTE 36MQ

Greetings all. I upgraded the 4 house batteries to Thor L16E-AC batteries (370 Ah @ 20 hours). I'd like to replace the existing solar panels. Are there any plug-n-play replacements?
Old 10-03-2023, 08:29 PM   #230

State: Colorado
THOR #30962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Saran View Post
Pete, from my signature you can see I own a Hurricane, but last year after I had a new windshield installed they had to come back and add more sealer to the inside top of windshield because of air leaks/noise.
We picked up our new Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ we where getting on the hwy when we heard the squeal went back they put it in the shop to find the window nearly popped out. They re-installed and we were on our way.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #231

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner123 View Post
We picked up our new Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40GQ we where getting on the hwy when we heard the squeal went back they put it in the shop to find the window nearly popped out. They re-installed and we were on our way.
Typical of Thor unfortunately.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:49 AM   #232
RWF

Model: Tuscany 36MQ
State: Washington
THOR #15174
I am looing for some wisdom on an issue I am having with our 2014 36MQ.
We were plugged in to shore power, lying in bed, when the light on the generator start switch started to flash irregularly. after 15 or 20 minutes it quit doing it. Next morning I started it up ran it for a while then shut it down, all worked fine. about two days later it started to do it again, with the added feature of a clicking noise coming from the generator, that I suspect is an electric fuel pump. I couldn't start it and couldn't get the light and clicking to stop untill I unplugged a cannon plug near the gen. then all was quiet, but of corse no gen.
Any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks for any help.......
Old 10-17-2023, 01:58 AM   #233

THOR #9178
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWF View Post
I am looing for some wisdom on an issue I am having with our 2014 36MQ.
We were plugged in to shore power, lying in bed, when the light on the generator start switch started to flash irregularly. after 15 or 20 minutes it quit doing it. Next morning I started it up ran it for a while then shut it down, all worked fine. about two days later it started to do it again, with the added feature of a clicking noise coming from the generator, that I suspect is an electric fuel pump. I couldn't start it and couldn't get the light and clicking to stop untill I unplugged a cannon plug near the gen. then all was quiet, but of corse no gen.
Any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks for any help.......
What are the settings on your AGS? Sounds like it might have been trying to start the generator.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:24 AM   #234
RWF

Model: Tuscany 36MQ
State: Washington
THOR #15174
I keep it turned off, honestly I can't remember how to access that menu. We had to leave it for a while, was going to look that up when we return. I didn't change any settings so I would think nothing should change. I guess it doesn't always work that way. But if it was trying to start, it wasn't working right because we were hooked up to power, the voltage was up and it didn't start.......
Old 10-18-2023, 05:53 PM   #235

THOR #9178
Sounds like a short in a wiring harness or connector. I would check near the generator first.

Battery voltage is staying well above 12.5?
Old 03-24-2024, 10:51 PM   #236

THOR #24608
Generator clicking sound

Couple months ago I fixed the problem with my gen only clicking when I tried to start it. Code it gave me was low rpm...
After several days of looking, I found a lose connection. In the pump bay for the jacks, to the front on what I would call the fire wall were some bolt/nut looking with wire going to them. They were large amperage cables with the red protector paint sprayed on them. CAREFULL not to cause a short, I took a deep socket and ratchet and found that one was VERY loose. After tightening I went to the other side, in the hood drivers side of the gen and tightened them as well.. Now for three months the gen has started every time even when the AGS was engaged at the proper voltage start setting..