Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2017, 09:43 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief90 View Post
i forgot to mention that all tv's are Sony except the big tv in the living room
This is a problem. The two front TV's should be from different manufactures - same for the back and outside TV. The IR repeater just sees the signal from whichever remote is used. If the 2 TV's hooked to repeater ar same brand, they both will come on together. Each pair shares a repeater.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #82

Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
You may have to loosen the bolt on the outside edge. It's soft AL so probably grabs some. Got to be the answer. I've done it several time on my 2015 Tuscany. Looks identical to your XTE.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:26 PM   #83

Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
State: Florida
THOR #7078
had to disconnect in order to remove the arm, somehow it got wedged, works fine but you can see where it got wedged in the rail....also had to take the ramp off before we were able to remove the arm.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2017, 01:24 AM   #84

THOR #7078
inverter

My inverter will not come on, 2016 Thor Tuscany 40 AX Xte,

any help would be appreciated, I reviewed the owner's manual and the Magnum manual, somewhere there is a reset switch and I can't find it.

Thanks

Sue
Old 03-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #85

State: Georgia
THOR #11054
2016 Tuscany 45AT

Hello all. I've owned this unit for over a year now (bought new in Jan of '17). Lots of issues along the way but I finally made sense of one today that I wanted to share.

Our fireplace has been intermittent since day 1. It just seems to come and go for no apparent reason. Seems when we needed it most, it wouldn't work. I finally put the puzzle together today. Not sure if it's intentional but it probably is given what I have learned.

Both the electric water heater (in the Aqua Hot unit) and the fireplace are on the same circuit breaker. This circuit is one that is first to go on the load controller (labeled water heater) if your load approaches max. However, our fireplace would go out even if no loads were shed. So long story short, I discovered today that if the electric element in the aqua hot is active (which must be governed by a thermostat in the aqua hot), the fireplace outlet goes dead. When the heating element cycles off, the fireplace comes back on.

They are both substantial loads (if the heating element in the fireplace is on), about 10-12 amps each. And they are together on a single 15 amp breaker. So it makes sense that only one would be allowed to work at a time. But they should disclose these things. If we are on shore service, we always keep the electric element on the aqua hot turned on. I'm sure it cycles on and off regularly all the time to do what it does. But it created quite a mystery when the fireplace inversely switched on and off with no apparent cause. It doesn't matter if you are just doing the fireplace light show, or actually putting out heat. The fireplace has a single power cord and the outlet it is plugged into goes dead. There are other outlets behind the fireplace and I moved it over to the 'entertainment TV' circuit for a while. It worked all the time (which let me know the fireplace itself wasn't the issue) but we did overload the outside breaker panel one night because the load control center couldn't turn off the fireplace to bring the load down. But even worse, the entertainment outlet is on the inverter so when the breaker tripped, the inverter kicked in and was trying to power the fireplace heater, which was more load than it could handle. It reset itself just fine, no harm done, so for now, I moved the fireplace back to the original outlet.

Currently, our aqua hot is not working on diesel (won't light but no errors indicated on the control panel lights) and the weather is cold, so we really need the fireplace heater. With nights near freezing, the roof units can't function. So now with this discovery, we'll have to turn off the only form of hot water we have, in order to have some room heat at night. And we'll have to remember to turn it back on in the AM so we can take a quick shower. Going to have the diesel side of Aqua hot looked at at a Thor Rally in a few weeks.

If anyone else has a fireplace that comes and goes as it pleases, you now know the reason.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:30 PM   #86

State: Virginia
THOR #13070
Tuscany XTE 36 MQ satellite issue

I recently purchased a 2014 Tuscany XTE 36 MQ and have put about 2600 miles on it so far. I am still trying to figure out the TV wiring. I have the satellite working with my Directv receiver on the two front Tv's, but as others have said, some units do not have satellite wiring to the bedroom. I would like to hook up a second Directv receiver for the bedroom and outside TV.
There are two satellite coax cables in the front cabinet, above driver's seat. There is also a wall plate with two coax connections marked aux/Sat, and TV ( see pics). There is also a coax connection in the bedroom cabinet below the TV that is unmarked. I tried connecting one of the satellite coax cables in the front cabinet to the aux/sat connector, hoping it was wired to the back bedroom coax connection, but no luck. I also tried connecting the satellite connection to the front connector marked TV, but no signal registered in the bedroom. Any ideas on how to get satellite connectivity to a second receiver in the bedroom?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181109_140853.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	13944   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181109_140942.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	13945  

Old 11-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #87

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
It is much better to go wireless. The HR-44/54 and HS-17 can support three different channels of HD wirelessly. You need a video bridge and one C-41W client for each TV. If your TVs are RVU capable, then they do not need a separate client; as RVU TVs have the DirecTV clients installed. You only need a single RG-6 coax to the video bridge and then onto the receiver. Range of the video bridge is about 120 feet.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #88

THOR #7078
I have direct tv. What I had to do to get satellite in the bedroom and out side was 2 things, had to get a wireless genie for the outside tv, a wired mini genie for the bedroom tv and a directv video bridge. I have the HD Genie Receiver. The only problem that I have had over time was the bedroom tv lost signal to HD, had to have directv come out and hook up some cables to bypass the HD error message.

Hope this helps

Suzzanne'
Old 11-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #89

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Home View Post

Our fireplace has been intermittent since day 1. It just seems to come and go for no apparent reason...

And they[aquahot] are together on a single 15 amp breaker. So it makes sense that only one would be allowed to work at a time.

I agree with the 'unknown' and the aggravation of 'how' they wire these two large heating draws on the same 15amp circuit, when they could have easily wired the Fireplace and the Microwave(since they too are generally on their own circuit) on the same circuit, and given you much more 'control' over when the fireplace is not working...because you are using the Microwave... at least then you can 'see' why one works and the other doesn't, at least for the few minutes the microwave is operating.
With both the fireplace and the aquahot on the same circuit, you never really know 'when' the aquahot is needing power, so it's a 'ghost' user, and is 'ghosting' your fireplace! Crazy.

See if you could move the automated relay to provide the connection of the fireplace to the same circuit as the microwave, leaving the aquahot on it's own 15amp circuit. This may not be the 'best' sharing, since the microwave would lose it's power anytime the fireplace is turned on, maybe requiring a reset of the unit/clock, etc., every time., but it's an option. You'd have to turn the fireplace switch 'off' in order to power the microwave, but at least you'd know 'why' the fireplace was then not working!

I recently had to temporarily employ a similar relay myself, though for a different reason... A simple dual-in, single-out type relay was used, though this was for two different 120v power sources(Inverter and ATS[shore/gen power]), not two different outputs.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #90

State: Virginia
THOR #13070
Quote:
I have direct tv. What I had to do to get satellite in the bedroom and out side was 2 things, had to get a wireless genie for the outside tv, a wired mini genie for the bedroom tv and a directv video bridge. I have the HD Genie Receiver. The only problem that I have had over time was the bedroom tv lost signal to HD, had to have directv come out and hook up some cables to bypass the HD error message.

Hope this helps

Suzzanne'
That would work, but I do not want to setup a separate Directv account for the motorhome. I believe Directv only allows one master Genie per account. Right now, I am using older DirecTV receivers that I added to my home account. Thanks
Old 02-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #91

Model: Tuscany 40
State: North Carolina
THOR #6810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
2015 Tuscany 40KQ. Have had the driver side windshield wiper come off while traveling down the road in a rain-storm. Let that soak in a bit, no pun intended, had 3 roof leaks, fortunately found all 3 at once and fixed. Left upper tail lite assy full of water- bad seal, warranty replaced. Been a pretty good coach afar from that. With a 450 Cummins, it will get out of its own way!
The exact same thing happened to us while driving in a rain storm. My husband and I looked at each other and said "WTF?" Couldn't believe it!! And of course we get a notice 6 months later in the mail about needing to replace the windshield wipers on our rig! A little late folks!!!!!
Old 02-27-2019, 02:21 AM   #92

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Hello to all.

My wife and I bought a 2014 Tuscany xte 40 used and it had 28,027 miles on it.

The day we got it home I started going over it as we had a trip planned to go from Ohio To Battlement Messa Colorado which is about 3200 miles round trip.

First problem after filling water tank was no water flow anywhere and after a lot of poking around we found that a strainer that was inline from the tank to pump was cracked so we fixed that with little cost and had water.

A few floor lights were out and just needed new bulbs.

Headlights were so far out of adjustment that after dark the first night we had to stop because I couldn't see the road more than 5ft ahead, found a nice dark parking lot and adjusted headlights up a lot and fixed that.

Some kitchen drawers come open when driving still haven't got to that yet.

But we made the trip there and back with no issue's everything worked great, except the salesman didn't tell us that the awning self retracts and when a storm came up during the day when we were away from camper I rushed back to the campground and from the road I didn't see awning and was almost sick till I saw it was rolled up and safe.

All in all we are really happy with it and it drives and rides great.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:19 PM   #93

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
Hello to all.

My wife and I bought a 2014 Tuscany xte 40 used and it had 28,027 miles on it.

The day we got it home I started going over it as we had a trip planned to go from Ohio To Battlement Messa Colorado which is about 3200 miles round trip.

First problem after filling water tank was no water flow anywhere and after a lot of poking around we found that a strainer that was inline from the tank to pump was cracked so we fixed that with little cost and had water.

A few floor lights were out and just needed new bulbs.

Headlights were so far out of adjustment that after dark the first night we had to stop because I couldn't see the road more than 5ft ahead, found a nice dark parking lot and adjusted headlights up a lot and fixed that.

Some kitchen drawers come open when driving still haven't got to that yet.

But we made the trip there and back with no issue's everything worked great, except the salesman didn't tell us that the awning self retracts and when a storm came up during the day when we were away from camper I rushed back to the campground and from the road I didn't see awning and was almost sick till I saw it was rolled up and safe.

All in all we are really happy with it and it drives and rides great.
Lot to learn about these rigs

Sounds like you are doing great

Enjoy
Old 03-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #94

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Dakota
THOR #13785
Just Purchased a unit as is: immaculate in & out except for tv-intertainment system all apart & messed up-not a 1 tv works out of 4! wish I could get a picture or schematic of how everything is hooked up. (coax & HDMI connections) No help from Thor
2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 40FX
Old 03-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #95

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesandy View Post
Just Purchased a unit as is: immaculate in & out except for tv-intertainment system all apart & messed up-not a 1 tv works out of 4! wish I could get a picture or schematic of how everything is hooked up. (coax & HDMI connections) No help from Thor
2013 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany 40FX
I have a different coach from a different plant but... plant 750 coaches are wired like this. There is a single RG-6 coax from somewhere near or in the wet bay that leads up to the electronic cabinet. The electronic equipment cabinet has a single coaxial cover plate with a antenna power supply on/off push button. Behind the cover plate is a splitter for the coax to supply coax signals to the TVs from the outside source (campground cable) if the antenna power switch is off or the terrestrial antenna if the power switch is on (green light showing).

Entirely separate is the HDMI system. It is meant to distribute DVD signals to the TV with each TV's HDMI cables to terminate in the electronic cabinet with a BOMB (box of many buttons) or video switching array.

That is probably the way your coach left plant 850 but previous owners have modified the systems to suit it needs.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #96

Model: XTE 34st Diesel Pusher
State: Oklahoma
THOR #5009
Volume on rear camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTMooresmithSr View Post
Just purchased used 2015 Thor Motor Coach Tuscany XTE 40AX. Wife tried to help me back it down the road but can't seem to get volume button to work on rear camera - can't hear her. Night shade has had to be reset 2x & we haven't even left the yard on our first trip. Now all 4 batteries had to be replaced. Any suggestions on volume for rear camera.
Volume buttons on top but make sure the mute feature is off. Night shade on ours must be periodically reset for unknown reasons too. Instructions for resetting it are online or call Thor hotline for help
Old 08-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #97

THOR #5009
Anyone know where fuse or reset is located for Red Devil vacuum
Old 08-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #98

THOR #5009
Solved Dirt Devil issue but new problem

I have a bent metal plate under my big slide that I think is the source of recurring issues with the slide. It has been that way since day one, and, after giving up on Camping World's ability to fix anything, I took it to the Thor Factory in Indiana.... twice! They successfully got the slide working again, but failed to replace the bent plate and I didn't notice until too late. Going to try and fix it myself, but appears that I will have to move the slide out beyond it's normal stopping point in order to remove the screws and free up the plate from the roller. Problem may be finding a replacement part. Anyone have a similar experience? If so, what's the best solution?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #99

THOR #5009
Inverter problem

Quote:

any help would be appreciated, I reviewed the owner's manual and the Magnum manual, somewhere there is a reset switch and I can't find it.

Thanks

Sue
Not sure about a reset switch but here's what the Furrion manual says:

Transfer switch will not switch over from Shore Power to Generator feed.
Possible cause: Bad PCB.
How to check: Open the transfer Switch lid so the PCB in visible, do not put your hands or
touch anything parts inside the box.
Turn on the generator so electric is being fed to the ATS, using a multi meter check for
correct voltage at the incoming generator wiring terminals.
If the correct power is being fed to the ATS from the Generator the ATS PCB’s the green
LED illuminated. After 30 seconds if the contactor does not close
If the PCB’s green LED is not illuminated while generator voltage is present indicates
the PCB has been damaged and will need replaced.
Contact your nearest Furrion Dealer, RV OEM or email support@furrion.com

Hope that helps.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #100

THOR #5009
Quote:

Thanks

Sue
Sorry I left out part of the Furrion Inverter Manual
Here's the other part:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS...
Follow the below steps to test the function of the F50-ATS.
BEFORE TESTING:
Ensure air conditioning units and other high current users are switched o. It is
harmful for the transfer switch to switch over power sources while under load.
Shut down all power sources to the RV
Label power sources clearly that testing is in progress.
If accessible, remove the lid of the ATS to visually check function.
ATS FUNCTION TESTING:
1. Plug in the shore power cable and turn on the dockside shore power breaker, as soon
as the shore side breaker is turned on you will hear a clunk noise immediately as the
shore power contactor engages inside the ATS, power is then supplied to the RV from
the ATS line out feed.
2. Turn o the shore side power breaker to shut down power to the RV, you will hear a
clunk as the Shore power contactor disconnects (keep the shore power cord connected
with no power for further testing).
3.Start the Generator in the RV and wait for it to run up to speed, as soon as power is fed
to the ATS from the generator the green LED indicator light on the internal ATS PCB will
illuminate, the ATS has a 20-30 second time delay before engaging the internal contactor
to allow for the generator to warm up. After 20-30 seconds you will hear a clunk noise as
the generator contactor engages inside the ATS, power from the generator is now supplied
to the RV from the ATS line out feed.
4. Shut down the generator
ATS SWITCHING TESTING:
To test the switching function after both function tests have passed:
1. Turn on the shore cord shore side breaker to engage the shower power contactor, power
is now being supplied to the RV by the shore power.
2.Start the generator and wait for it to warm up, after 20-30 seconds you will hear a clunk as
the unit automatically switches over power sources from shore power to generator.
3.Turn o shore power from the shore side breaker and conrm the generator is feeding the
line out, the power supply should not be interrupted by doing this.
4.Turn on the shore power shore side breaker again which will engage the shore power
contactor. While the shore power is still connected and on, then turn o the generator, this
will then disengage the generator contactor and automatically switch to running on shore
power feed.