Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
Wink Thor Tuscany & XTE owners

How many Thor Tuscany & XTE owners do we have? Our builds are different from some of the other rigs inside & out and need to work together with helping each other out to learn about them.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Europe
THOR #1337
Hi there.

My name is Pete, American RV dealer in Sweden.

Just imported and sold a new 2014 Tuscany XTE 40GQ which I delivered to the customer today No 26th. Sorry to say but there are quality issues. Ducting from rear furnace to the bathroom goes thrue the slide and gets jammed and almost cut in half by the bed framing due to lack of physical space. Very bad construction. Tiles around slideouts very badly cut leaving big gaps that just shouldnt be there if the cut was made correctly. And customer called in 30 min after delivery complaing about low pitch wind noise somethere around the windshield, hard to here exactly from where while driving alone obviousely but I was told it comes and goes. Outside weather calm, no wind. Noice comes and goes but only at above some 50 mph. Just unbearable rumbling low pich sound. Anyone that has an idea what to do about it??

Hope to hear back from someone having experience on the subject.

Thanks.

Brgds

Pete in Sweden
Old 09-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: California
THOR #2799
2016 Tuscany XTE 36MQ Baja exterior, std interior lay out. Northern Ca.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #4

Model: Tuscany XTE
State: California
THOR #2511
Talking THOR Tuscany XTE owner

We have a 2015 Thor Tuscany XTE 34ST. It is currently having warranty work done on about 10 items, one of which is the lack of heat coming from the bathroom vent. We also experience noise while driving above 50 mph which I don't think is an air leak around the windshield but rather noise caused by the external mirrors. Currently it is not loud enough to be bothersome. I would be happy to participate in a sub-forum of Tuscany owners trying to solve our mutual problems.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #5

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Oregon
THOR #1149
Thor Tuscany & XTE owners

Steve & Patti Shelton, Bend, OR
2015 Tuscany XTE 34ST pulling 2014 Jeep Cherokee.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany 40RX
State: Illinois
THOR #3104
Thor Tuscany
ernie01jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:58 PM   #7

State: Manitoba
THOR #4290
Doug & Trish

2016 Thor Tuscany XTE
40 GQ
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 AM   #8

State: Colorado
THOR #4264
Larry & Judith

2016 Tuscany 44MT, trailering Ford Explorer.
Have had several issues, calling Thor Concierge often.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:56 PM   #9

THOR #4290
Thor Tuscany XTE issues

What sort of issues are you having letsjet . If you dont mind me asking.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #10

State: Florida
THOR #952
Mike & Deanna

2014 Tuscany XTE
40GQ
Old 05-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #11

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Do you have the flush mount side windows? I was getting wind noise on my 2015 Vegas 24.1 at about 50 mph, and it too would come and go. My dealer sealed around the top and front of the driver's flush mounted side window and I haven't had the wind noise since.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:27 AM   #12

THOR #4264
Quote:
Originally Posted by may0016 View Post
What sort of issues are you having letsjet . If you dont mind me asking.
Water pump didnt work, wires were not connected....front Bathroom door wont stay closed when driving....kitchen sink drain pipe connector was cracked and leaked due to manufactured error in original assembly measurements ...fireplace not working, had to pull out and unplug to reset....aisle lights dont work, replaced bulbs and still wont work....front motorized sunshade stuck in down position, wont reset, have to roll up and bunge wrap....microwave glass plate fell out and shattered on floo at dealers before we purchased it, found many pieces of glass under slides and under furniture......shower leaks at bottom corner of frame....closet fell apart, put braces up and all 3 pole brackets came out of shelf......screw in tire on pick up day.....mic doesnt work for Bluetooth phone connection.....broken cover under bed mattress that covers electrical wiring, replaced...mud flap wasnt mounted, is now.....house batteries distilled water levels were almost empty on delivery....thats all for now ............
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 AM   #13

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
2016 36mq

Ordered 2016 36MQ from dealer so we could pick colors and interior.
Below is list of items that needed attention and were noted within a week of having the coach. Makes one wonder if there is really any quality control before the coach leaves the factory, and after the dealer "preps" it:
windshield had to be reinstalled-inner seal not intact-tremendous air noise over 50 mph but not reported by transporter
shower/door frame not caulked at all ( did it myself)
both exterior rear tire rims etched and had to be replaced
rubber seals on dinette slide loose three times-had them riveted in
dinette slide way out of alignment. 3 inches off on top compared to bottom
shelving in bedroom didn't fit right-someone had jammed it in place
radiator heater hose leaking
radio/camera system won't allow link to phone
weather stripping on rear wheels enclosure fell out
broken toilet seat
aisle light in bedroom broken
inside left dual air stem not functioning
loose screws and pieces of wiring when slides operated in and out (stuff workers should have picked up but just left it)
sawdust and wood shavings in some cabinets, floor area, and heater vents
engine access door in bedroom not accessible until bed frame sanded down about 1/8 inch to allow access door to open
buff and scratch marks on exterior paint job
tires inflated to 80 psi (should have been at least 100)

Customer service and warranty service have been excellent. All in all, this rig drives nicely and performs well. We have be rving for nearly 30 years, and have had 5 rigs. Just a shame that at least some of the employees and the company itself doesn't have more pride in workmanship. BTW, never have had a call from the Concierge Service for new buyers, even after filling out a new buyer's questionnaire and stating that fact.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:19 AM   #14

THOR #4264
Totally agree with you about the quality of workmanship is not even what it should be. Don't think there is a Quality Control inspection for sure. There are lots of things that we really love about our coach.....the appliances, upholstery, fan-tastic vents, toilets, exterior paint, generator, Aqua Hot, interior and exterior lights, dual side fuel tanks, systems, awnings, windows and shades, storage and much more. It drives so smooth and comfortable. This is our first coach. Family and friends have had different ones and we felt it was time for us. We looked for several months and my husband knew it would be a Thor for us, just had to find the one with interior color we could live with. Unfortunately it had to be at a CW. Had we known then that they are not service oriented we would have chose another one at a different dealer. The concierge has been helpful and we have an appointment this Friday at a Thor warranty service place that is not CW.... so fingers crossed they will care about their work. There have been other issues that we have taken care of ourselves and just chalk it up as we are lucky we figured it out before it caused big problems.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #15

Model: 40KQ
State: Texas
THOR #2963
2015 Tuscany 40KQ. Have had the driver side windshield wiper come off while traveling down the road in a rain-storm. Let that soak in a bit, no pun intended, had 3 roof leaks, fortunately found all 3 at once and fixed. Left upper tail lite assy full of water- bad seal, warranty replaced. Been a pretty good coach afar from that. With a 450 Cummins, it will get out of its own way!

----------------
Swede
Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #16

Model: Tuscany RX
State: Alberta
THOR #1112
2014 Thor Tuscany RX

Refrigerator doors keep opening when we are driving. Use child safety locks to keep them closed. Refrigerator defrost & ice builds up under freezer. Could have some improvements on sliding doors for bedroom & ensuite. Try to deal with small issues myself.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 PM   #17

State: Washington
THOR #4257
Bob & Cheryl
Spokane, WA
2014 Tuscany XTE 40GQ
Jeep Liberty
Old 06-16-2016, 12:21 AM   #18

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasalleg View Post
We have a 2015 Thor Tuscany XTE 34ST. It is currently having warranty work done on about 10 items, one of which is the lack of heat coming from the bathroom vent. We also experience noise while driving above 50 mph which I don't think is an air leak around the windshield but rather noise caused by the external mirrors. Currently it is not loud enough to be bothersome. I would be happy to participate in a sub-forum of Tuscany owners trying to solve our mutual problems.
Lasalleg I would be interested in knowing what they found regarding the lack of heat in the bathroom. We have a 2013 Tuscany XTE and it has never had heat although there is a vent for it.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #19

THOR #4290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
2015 Tuscany 40KQ. Have had the driver side windshield wiper come off while traveling down the road in a rain-storm. Let that soak in a bit, no pun intended, had 3 roof leaks, fortunately found all 3 at once and fixed. Left upper tail lite assy full of water- bad seal, warranty replaced. Been a pretty good coach afar from that. With a 450 Cummins, it will get out of its own way!
Where were the leaks located ?
Old 06-23-2016, 02:32 AM   #20

State: Nebraska
THOR #1204
2015 Tuscany XTE 36mq

No serious problems as of yet