Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2016, 05:49 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #5182
Exclamation Thor Vegas 2016

We have owned since 11/15 and there have been multiple maintenance issues. Anyone else experienced maintenance issues?

Old 08-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
What kind of maintenance issues have you been having?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #3

THOR #5182
Too many to list. From cracked drawers, to A/C not working, to furnace not working, to bed slider malfunctioning, etc. Poor quality overall. This is a brand new unit. Out of 8 months ownership, it spent over 4 months in the shop.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Ok those aren't necessarily "maintenance" issues as they should have simply worked.

You must have one of the "built late on a Friday" models. There have been a few Axis/Vegas units like that but overall the majority of them have had few issues.

Since yours is so problematic you may also want to take a look underneath (slide under just behind the drivers front tire) and take a look at the shifter cable. In many units of your vintage (including mine) the shifter cable is too close to the exhaust manifold and melts causing some real headaches.

My unit has been relatively trouble free (the above shifter cable has been the worst of the few issues I've had with it).
Old 08-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #5

THOR #5182
I think ours was built on a Friday afternoon 15 minutes before closing. I am disgusted with both Thor and Camping World.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELPELL
I think ours was built on a Friday afternoon 15 minutes before closing. I am disgusted with both Thor and Camping World.
Have you had any direct communications with Thor? (Not just Camping World telling you what Thor "says".)

I'm asking because the majority of problems on the board here are with the dealer(s) and not Thor (Camping World especially). Many people find that Thor is actually willing to work with you and makes reasonable attempts at solving the problems. Well, other than initial build quality of course.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #7

THOR #5182
I have communicated with Thor. They were courteous but didn't help. I think they should concentrate on the quality of their products. Very disappointed. I also contacted CEO of CW. Not much help there. He blew me off to someone else who never contacted me.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #8

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
Hi DELPEL,
Truly sorry to hear it looks like you have had a tough time with your Vegas and that it has spent so much time in the shop, apparently with really poor customer service response.
Looks like over the years many folks have been plagued by disappointment in their RV product performance. I certainly hope this changes. Other than appropriate venting, what else specifically can the Forum assist you with on this thread?
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #9

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor qa

If you bought a THOR new, you will have build quality issues. Many of them. THOR has no QA. Whatever comes off the line is shipped as is, out to a dealer, for them to fix, or more typically, not fix. YOU are not THOR's customer, their DEALER is. You can talk to THOR, but believe me, they don't care what you have to say, or what your problems are.

Many apologists for THOR's abysmal quality exist on here. They will tell you how great their own experiences have been, and how you need to do more repairs yourself, and THOR's problems are the same, and even better than others! They especially love to berate Forest River, go figure.

I rarely see the complaints about Winnebago or Tiffen, regarding poor build quality, and months in the shop the first year. I am sure it happens there too, but perhaps, based on my readings of industry forums, it's much more common with THOR. You get what you pay for folks, I just wish the reputations of most builders was based on impartial third party evaluations, instead of forums.

My own experience with THOR has been horrible. My only recourse is to share my experience with others, so that they can make a better, more informed decision.

I have had nothing but problems, and THOR has been good for lip service, and sending me parts to make repairs myself, in RV parks, broken down, because no THOR dealer would respond quicker than 4-6 weeks on a warranty repair. If this is your idea of good service, or THOR working with you, definitely buy the lower price.