Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #9459
Vegas

Hey anybody who has a Thor Vegas,have any major problems? And do you like it.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:49 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
I think you will find some that have had major problems with most RV's

But you will also find a lot of folks with none.

We have a 2017 Vegas 25.2 and are really happy with it, although it only has about 5000 miles on it. Leaving the end of the week for a three week trip to the southwest.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #3

THOR #9459
Thank you I have a 2017 24.1 and have had it back in the shop a lot.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide67 View Post
There are quite a few Axis/Vegas owners on here. Many are happy, a few have had issues (note Axis is Vegas' sister coach).

We've had our Axis for 4 seasons now. Have had some minor issues and one I guess I'd call major: A leak under the passenger front window. Took it to Thor's service center in Wakarusa, IN and they rebuilt the wall under the window. No more leak.

Count us as one of the happy ones.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 01:20 AM   #5
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Had a 2016 Vegas 25.2 and initially had some minor problems that were taken care of during warranty without question. After that no problems. I only traded it because we wanted something bigger
Old 10-09-2017, 01:25 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide67 View Post

We now have 21000 miles on ours, over three summers, and the Vegas has met and exceeded our expectations. We had a few minor issues, including a cracked windshield that was a problem with some of the early 2016 models.

A search on this forum will surface issues that some have had with theirs. An important factor in this is the dealer. Ours was a thousand miles away, and we went to other dealers for warranty service, but they did an excellent job with pre delivery preparation. Results vary widely.

I have had Class C, small trailer, long trailer, 5th wheel and a larger Class A gas RVs. For the two of us at this time, and the way we travel, our Vegas is our "Goldilocks" coach, not too big, not too small, just right.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:09 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
Good Experience wih Axis 25.2 and Thor

We have an Axis 2017 25.2
First ... as soon as you get the Unit get it up on blocks securely and take zip ties, Velcro strip ties and Gorilla tape and go from front to back underneath and secure all lines, wires etc.
We had an interesting one happen after quite a few months.
We found leaks from the fresh water system on the floor right aft of the cab step-up.
Mopped up and took to the dealer and leak was fixed under warranty.
Now, after some time it was obvious the floor discoloration was permanent.
Went to the dealer … still under warranty. Thor had the flooring rep look at the flooring, we then found some of the floor had rotted and needed replacement. This was all covered under warranty. (at the same time we found some minor termite damage which we paid to fix.)
Additionally you’ll find the photos often show the Axis 25.2 table stored at the aft end of the wardrobe. NEVER, EVER DO THIS. (Either replace the original table holder devices or do not stow the table in the wardrobe) Our Table retainers broke loose. The table smashed the wardrobe door off and the whole door had to be replaced. Again Thor was absolutely outstanding!
Just today needed to fix the Duct Diverter ‘cos we had very low air vent flow on the driver’s side… again reaching for the screwdriver and gorilla tape.
But all in all has been a good experience so far
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:13 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We have 2016 Axis 24.1 .... We love it !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:30 AM   #9

THOR #9459
Thanks guys
Old 10-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
In June of 2016 we bought a 2016 Vegas 24.1 on 450 chassis. Now over 9,000 miles later, we have zero regrets. There are times a little bigger would be nice but not the extra expense and limitations. We just got back from the 6th trip to Fort Wilderness in Disney. Lived in it for 10 days last summer with 8 year old for a summer trip. Hard to beat ease of use, utility, maneuverability of this size. I also appreciate to simplicity enough to cancel the extended warranty we bought.

We were looking for something to tow open drag car trailer, SUV is showing age. One day saw a Navion and she wondered if maybe small RV may give us a tow machine and capability to bring our pups and grandchildren.

Best investment I ever made. It is stored next to pool and usually gets out twice a month on raceday plus trips. We recently has bracket finals cancelled due to rain threat. I called Disney, got reservations and we disconnected race trailer and still went somewhere fun. We loke the king bed, so does the dog. Shower was tight so I made a polyline hoop to give me room.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:52 AM   #11

State: California
THOR #7060
We have a 2015 24.1 Vegas, love it. We went smaller for ease of use and have no regrets. One thing is we do get it checked frequently before taking a trip to try to catch things ahead of time. Some very minor issues at the beginning but then that's pretty normal , fixed with ease and have lived how user friendly it is
Old 10-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #12

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #4466
We have a 2017 25.2 and love it. Yes, we've had a few issues taken care of under warranty but nothing major. I have learned a lot about rv ownership through this forum. There will always be little things to take care of to prevent large things going wrong. My next rv will still be a Thor product but probably a fairly new used model and most likely another Axis/Vegas as floor plans change yearly it seems. Warranty service often takes quite a while to complete but that seems to be more of a dealer issue than a Thor issue.
Our longest trip so far has been 2500 miles and a month in length. Lots of shorter trips in duration and distance. The Axis is very livable.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #13

THOR #9459
Thanks
Old 10-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Texas
THOR #8252
My thoughts

First off, we have a 2017 Vegas 25.3 and love it. Just under 4K miles so I cannot give you a long term report or assume that I’m an expert on the subject. But, I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter that I would like to share. (I know….that and $150=1 cup of coffee)
We paid about 70K for our Vegas. A co-worker just paid close to that for an aluminum F-150. For that we have a good Ford chassis and engine, a somewhat stream line shape that gets 10+ MPG and what I consider a lot of features for the price. I did a lot of research that lead me to this site and made notes of everything others needed to do to theirs such as sealing areas that may leak and tying up lines - cables - wires that may become problematic. I admire good craftsmanship in all things and don’t feel like that is always the case with what Thor assembles - BUT if Thor spent the time and $ assembling this like a high end coach I most likely couldn't or wouldn't want to afford it. We are very happy with what we have and I am willing and happy to do what I can myself to keep it out of the shop. If you read other manufacturers forums, it seams all RV have issues. Like many others have said on this site, find the RV and floorpan that is right for you and make it work. For us, our Vegas is it. In fact we have always discussed living in an RV for extended periods of time in the future. We love this so much that we will probably not “upgrade”.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #15

State: California
THOR #7060
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasinDallas View Post
First off, we have a 2017 Vegas 25.3 and love it. Just under 4K miles so I cannot give you a long term report or assume that I’m an expert on the subject. But, I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter that I would like to share. (I know….that and $150=1 cup of coffee)
We paid about 70K for our Vegas. A co-worker just paid close to that for an aluminum F-150. For that we have a good Ford chassis and engine, a somewhat stream line shape that gets 10+ MPG and what I consider a lot of features for the price. I did a lot of research that lead me to this site and made notes of everything others needed to do to theirs such as sealing areas that may leak and tying up lines - cables - wires that may become problematic. I admire good craftsmanship in all things and don’t feel like that is always the case with what Thor assembles - BUT if Thor spent the time and $ assembling this like a high end coach I most likely couldn't or wouldn't want to afford it. We are very happy with what we have and I am willing and happy to do what I can myself to keep it out of the shop. If you read other manufacturers forums, it seams all RV have issues. Like many others have said on this site, find the RV and floorpan that is right for you and make it work. For us, our Vegas is it. In fact we have always discussed living in an RV for extended periods of time in the future. We love this so much that we will probably not “upgrade”.
Totally agree on finding the right floor plan and we have with the Vegas, no doubt. We started a little late with the RV'ing experience, both my husband and I retired. Our first was a 25 foot Springdale which we loved but was just too much for my husband and I to handle, we traded that for a 31 foot Class C Forester, loved that as well. Now 4 years later, we really wanted a couch easy for us to whip around, park easier, and still give us the space we needed. That is the Vegas. 25 feet of total usable space. We love the front turn around captains chairs and table, the couch and drop down loft has been perfect for our grandkids, the twin convert to king bed in the back and the big wardrobe/bathroom area is great. Plenty of kitchen space and we have used all 3 of the TV's, our outside one being the favorite. This model is the absolute dream model for us. We love all the features. Happy travels!