Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 26'
State: Illinois
THOR #19020
Thore Awning DC electrical

If this gets posted twice, forgive me. I got a weird redirection when I hit post new thread and everything went blank. To my point:

I am getting ready to go camping. I have a Thor 2021 DB26 on the Ford gasoline frame. My unit has been sitting parked on shore power for about a month with the coach DC power switch in the OFF position. When I disconnected from shore power I noticed the DC power switch LED had no readout. Completely blank. I thought it always showed the battery level, even when OFF. I turned it to ON and still no readout and nothing that usually works on DC would work. No cabin lights, no awning, etc. I did the usually checklist including checking the fuses and breakers, and the battery cables. Nothing.

I plugged shore power in. The DC switch remained blank. The cabin lights work but the awning still would not work. I went through the checklist again with no results. Out of frustration, I turned everything off including the engine. As soon as I did, the DC power switch LED lit up and reported the battery at 13.1V. I disconnected shore power and now everything including the awning seems to work fine.

Is there some kind of interlock between the engine ignition and the coach power that prevents some things from working when the engine is on? There is nothing in the documentation that say so. And my old Sunseeker did not.

Also, when I plugged shore power back in I noticed what sounded like a cooling fan running. The sound is coming from behind the circuit breaker box. I assume this is the inverter. I mention it as I have never heard this fan running before.

Any suggestions as to what I am hearing and why, and why my DC power doesn't seem to work and then does?

Old 08-29-2021, 03:33 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
There should be an interlock that keeps your awning from going out when the ignition is on. Keeps it from being extended accidently when driving down the road.

When plugged in to shore power, leave your DC connected or the batteries will not be charged.

Your inverter or converter will have a cooling fan. It may be controlled by temperature or charging mode.

Enjoy your new unit.