Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6523
Interior dimensions of rear storage on 2018 25.2

Can someone with a 2018 Axis/Vegas 25.2 tell me the interior dimensions of the rear storage compartment? Thank you.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
My 25.2 is 2017 and this won't answer your question but I can't measure it as my Axis is still being held for ransom by CW. If not released by Oct 10 I have a plan to rescue it for our Smokey Mtn trip on the 15th.
My Weber Q 120 grill will not fit in the rear storage compartment or any other compartment. It is toad friendly only. So far the only chairs that fit are the collapsible bagged type. A bigger concern to me than the size is the usable space. The slide controller is located on the back wall of the compartment and I hesitate to locate anything too large that might come in contact and damage it. For that reason a milk crate with power cables is max height in the compartment. YMMV.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #3

THOR #6523
Thanks for confirming what we suspected on the limitations of the storage. And good luck rescuing yours for your trip!
Old 10-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Additional info on the storage space of the 25.2
The available space being sufficient depends on your habits. We are notoriously minimalist when camping as a result of years of scout camping and popup camping before that. We have this idea of camping being enjoyment of the outdoors without taking the house with us. Our storage in the 25.2 is ample. We store connecting hoses, cables, chairs and maybe a few small outdoor things in the back. The passenger side rear compartment is filled with sets of leveling blocks. The two middle storage compartments on the passenger side are still empty. The forward passenger side compartment contains tools, cleaners and the all important must have duct tape and a telescoping ladder in the pass through area. The forward driver side compartment is empty. No outdoor carpets, signs, fences, lights, torches, satellite tv, etra gas bottles, etc. Our books, paper and electronic, knitting, cross stitch, weaving stuff all lives inside Our longest foray so far was a month and we didn't want to kill one another towards the end. Longer trips are in the works.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #5

THOR #6523
Agree what is sufficient depends on your habits. We're very happy with the amount of outside storage we have in the 24.1; just curious about a couple of the other models. We'll look closer next time we're at MHSRV. Thanks