Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2018, 02:13 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
We got the Giantex brand washer and like it a lot. Think it's a 1.6 cubic foot capacity with 8 different wash cycles and several different water levels. It does a really good job on clothes and we also got a Majic Chef 2.6 cu. foot dryer. I don't need the fridge in our outdoor kitchen so I took it out and carry the dryer in it's place. Washer is small so it goes behind the driver's seat when we run the slide out. Very convenient and affordable...

Old 10-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #22

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
You probably have the luxury of full size units in your Pallazo.
Nah, got oh, about 2 weeks of 'whites' when we go anywhere. While at the campground, we look at the facilities for other things, we also see where it is if they have one. I don't really care about the looks of the building, I care whether they have a Washer and dryer. If not and I am running low, I'll go buy another pack of six and wash at the next CG.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:41 PM   #23

THOR #9553
We bought a Giantex 1.6 cu. ft. Washer with 8 wash choices and 5 water levels. Does an excellent job and it's quite. Then we got a Majic Chef 2.6 cu. ft. Dryer that goes where the fridge was in the outdoor kitchen. Fit perfect, we don't use the fridge anyhow! We hang clothes out of the washer on a rod I installed in the coach for a couple hours then transfer to the dryer to minimize dry time and it's a great set-up....highly recommend both!!!!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #24

THOR #9553
These are crap...too small and too much work???
Old 10-19-2018, 03:59 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I guess that it depends on your evaluation of the dollars spent; versus the work required...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #26

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I guess that it depends on your evaluation of the dollars spent; versus the work required...
Long as they get the 'whites' clean then just wear the outers a couple of days.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:23 AM   #27

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post

.....cut....

We also found that many rv parks and campgrounds have their own laundry units, as well.

.....cut......
We rarely wash because we pack enough for at least 2 weeks, and our trips are usually short, but when we do, it’s normally at a campground. The exception is that on some longer trips we stay in hotel a night or two, and wash there which is usually even more convenient than at a campground.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #28

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Utah
THOR #7349
While we don’t have that one, I can tell you our small manual washer and electric spin dryer are great to pack less and keep up with laundry. I hate the whole laundromat scene.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #29

Brand: Keystone
THOR #5391
On the last 5er we had a vented combo ~ loads were small and the dry cycle was forever. On the current 5er we started at the laundromat. Then a lady came in and certainly had an accident in her current outfit. Guessed she would have changed into accident free clothes if she had any. Brown was very noticeable. We now have separate washer and dryer onboard.

Edgewater 205 EXP
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #30

THOR #9553
I don't have ANY interest in hand washing clothes, or hanging them up except for a couple hours on a clothes rod I fashioned to attach to the inside of opposing cabinets at the front of our Windsport. Then I dry them for a short time to finish and a fabric softener. Very quick and easy... everyone has different thoughts, that's just ours...
Old 10-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #31

Model: Chateau 26B
State: Montana
THOR #6733
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Has anyone here tried a little portable washer like this in their MH? My DW likes being able to keep up with laundry rather than taking a huge amount to a laundromat. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-P...ustomerReviews
Good topic. After watching the video on the Best Choice washer spinner i went to Amazon. I think the Rovsun with 5 stars for $87.97 has better reviews. I believe for one of these I'D spring for the extended warranty.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #32

Model: ARIA 3901
State: Georgia
THOR #12263
My wife loved the 3483 model, used it on 8 trips over a two year period, left it in the RV when we traded up to a pusher that has a washer and dryer.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #33

Model: Chateau 26B
State: Montana
THOR #6733
What is the model 3483? What brand is it?
Old 10-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #34

State: Florida
THOR #6333
We have one (not same model) and love it. Leave it in the shower while traveling. Set it on a table outside. Fill w/5 gal bucket and catch the drain in the same bucket. Some things come out of the spinner dry enough to hang right back up. Others we set in the sun for about 15 minutes before hanging up. Loads are small but quick and easy.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #35
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Will the washer (and spin dryer!) handle a pair of Blue Jeans?
(I'm not allowed to show my legs in Public: our Town Board passed an ordnance against it. )
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #36

THOR #6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Will the washer (and spin dryer!) handle a pair of Blue Jeans?
(I'm not allowed to show my legs in Public: our Town Board passed an ordnance against it. )
Yes, Wash 2 or 3 pair no problem. Spin dry 1 pair at a time for 2 min.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:07 AM   #37

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncii View Post
Yes, Wash 2 or 3 pair no problem. Spin dry 1 pair at a time for 2 min.
Well, in the summer I wear cut off shorts, for, I don't know, 3 days cause I don't feel like washing every week. Now the undies? Every day, same with the t shirts.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #38

THOR #9553
I'm surprised why folks want something so small and so work intensive????? The Giantex will wash 3 pairs of my wife's jeans, she's 5'9", several Tee's and more small things. The only problem is after it's washed to load, the Majic Chef dryer can't dry but half that much, so we hang them on a rod for several hours then it a quick 30 minutes each for 2 loads. It's perfect world for us but others methods I've read here are also great. I just don't want to invest that much time in doing laundry....
Old 10-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #39

THOR #6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm surprised why folks want something so small and so work intensive????? The Giantex will wash 3 pairs of my wife's jeans, she's 5'9", several Tee's and more small things. The only problem is after it's washed to load, the Majic Chef dryer can't dry but half that much, so we hang them on a rod for several hours then it a quick 30 minutes each for 2 loads. It's perfect world for us but others methods I've read here are also great. I just don't want to invest that much time in doing laundry....
Don't considerate it labor intensive. Quite the opposite. You can always make things more work than they need to be. There's a little learning curve for sure. If one lives a laundry intensive RV lifestyle it's probably not for them.
Old 10-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #40

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Once I picked up a Hammock that was wrapped up in a tight ball and had no frame to it. Ok, you have to find two trees that are say 15 feet apart, tie it around a tree, then tie it to the other tree and lay in it. Guess if you put it up high enough (5 ft?), you could also use it for a clothesline when you weren't using it to sleep in.