Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2019, 01:20 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #15162
Unhappy Avm70lh

Intermittently since purchasing my motor home have had problems with screen going blank. Still has power but cannot do anything. Told to call this number then this number and so on. I emailed 2 companies but have never heard a work. Have been told a fuse and to check a red box in the battery compartment none to be found. Then told an inline fuse behind radio. How can a fuse be intermittent? Finally told to take unit out and take in for repair as has to be a short in the wiring. Well after all of this and camping season upon us I just gave up and am having a Pioneer unit installed. Very disappointed in the quality of unit after spending a lot of money on my very first motor home. If every again will certainly do research on things that are inside a motor home.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:57 AM   #2

Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Welcome aboard !

Axxera radios have a history of doing that. Did you try the nearly-invisible reset button somewhere on the frame of the radio ? (I had to search with a flashlight to find it on mine.) But probably a good idea to replace it with something with a better track record. Hope it works out well for you.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:48 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
My Axxera touch screen would only work half the time. Yup, did the reset and loaded the firmware update. Still no joy. Thor offered to replace in kind once I sent the defective one back. No thanks.

Ended up replacing with a KENWOOD DNX 995 S. Could not be any happier. A far superior system with built in GPS and lots of other features the Axxera did not have.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
The AVM70 is junk. I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29 m and it would shut off for no reason, go to the driver cam on it's own and when it went into it's little fit, you could not turn it off. Finally got fed up called tech support at Thor who have been great by the way. The guy at Axxera told me there were issues with the AVM 70 and told me to call Thor. They ups's me a new AVM80 and CW installed. Returned the old one with a call tag and life is good again. Ohh, when I would use the turn signal the camera went to the side mirror cam but default back to the screen, so I had to take my eyes off the road to hit the blue button and rear cam button Everytime!!?? Now it goes back like it's supposed to. Call Axxera and they can help along with Thor.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:01 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtrailtrimmer View Post
My Axxera touch screen would only work half the time. Yup, did the reset and loaded the firmware update. Still no joy. Thor offered to replace in kind once I sent the defective one back. No thanks.

Ended up replacing with a KENWOOD DNX 995 S. Could not be any happier. A far superior system with built in GPS and lots of other features the Axxera did not have.
How much does that system cost PA????
Old 05-26-2019, 05:10 PM   #6

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
If you shop around online you can get one for around 500. Not cheap, but for me worth every dollar. Essentially a drop in and a major upgrade to the Axxera.
Old 05-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #7

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Yep, gave up on the axxera and replaced it with a pioneer. Can’t be happier with it.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:34 AM   #8

THOR #15162
Thumbs down avm70lh

Had this replaced today with a Pioneer. Tired of the run around from Thor. Last response was "can't be the radio" yet today they tested it and had power but nothing on the screen. Thor did not offer to do anything. Will be sending customer service an email tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:35 AM   #9

THOR #15162
No one that I was told to call has returned any of my calls.