Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Tire monitoring system

We are buying a tire monitoring system for our motor home and towed vehicle with a total of 10 sensors. I am strongly considering the EEZTIRE T5 15/SP System at a price of $449.00. Anybody already using this system? The reviews rate it high, I am just looking for feedback on this forum. Thank you

Old 02-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Have had it for 18 months no issues when I first got it had an issue setting it up customer service called me within 15 minutes of leaving a message and walked me thru it great product great service

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #3

THOR #3584
dcbenny, do you use it on your tow vehicle? I am figuring that the farthest sensor would be about 48' feet from the display unit in the motor home.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #4

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Texas
THOR #2145
We have had the EEZ RV TPMS unit for a couple of months and couldn't be happier... Its installed on a 40ft RV w/ toad... We purchased the repeater/booster but is was not needed since toad registers without it... Setup was a bit tedious & one of the sensors arrived w/ a dead battery... I contacted their tech support & they were great - even called back several days later to check and make sure all was going good... Safe travels...
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #5

THOR #3584
Thank you, just placed the order, should be here Friday.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:40 PM   #6

State: Indiana
THOR #10040
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
We are buying a tire monitoring system for our motor home and towed vehicle with a total of 10 sensors. I am strongly considering the EEZTIRE T5 15/SP System at a price of $449.00. Anybody already using this system? The reviews rate it high, I am just looking for feedback on this forum. Thank you
I have one on my windsport with a toad. Works great, did not need a booster for the signal
jdmaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #7

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Tire monitoring system

I’m a big fan of the EEZ Tire monitoring system. While on a recent trip to Jekyll Island and about 150 miles from home, I got a low pressure alarm and it continued to leak slowly until I pulled over to check the tire. While using my portable compressor to add air back, I noticed when the valve extender was in a certain position I could hear air escaping. Long story a bit shorter; the problem was found to be a loose valve extension and monitor nut at the valve core. $25 fix at a Goodyear store.

So thankful I had the EEZ Tire system in place to avoid who knows what could have happened safety wise and not to mention added financial cost.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:17 PM   #8

Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I’m a big fan of the EEZ Tire monitoring system. While on a recent trip to Jekyll Island and about 150 miles from home, I got a low pressure alarm and it continued to leak slowly until I pulled over to check the tire. While using my portable compressor to add air back, I noticed when the valve extender was in a certain position I could hear air escaping. Long story a bit shorter; the problem was found to be a loose valve extension and monitor nut at the valve core. $25 fix at a Goodyear store.

So thankful I had the EEZ Tire system in place to avoid who knows what could have happened safety wise and not to mention added financial cost.
Any recommendations on a portable tire compressor? We just have a Thor Siesta - class c 24 ft - so I don't have a lot of extra storage space, especially for something I hope to never use!

And the idea of using a 20 or 25 ft cord back to the 12 volt socket in the cab seems weird to me. But battery operated compressors probably don't work as well - and are probably dead when you need them...

Anyway , suggestions appreciated.
Dan
Old 02-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #9

THOR #1123
Tire monitoring system

I have a 12V Harbor Freight compressor I bought a few years back. It works fine, is lightweight and stores away easily in its own case. A little slow getting air in perhaps but good for topping off pressures and emergencies. Flex hose extends 25 ft or so and coils up fine to pack away.

The house batteries under the entry steps make it easy to connect to the 12V.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:44 PM   #10

Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I have a 12V Harbor Freight compressor I bought a few years back. It works fine, is lightweight and stores away easily in its own case. A little slow getting air in perhaps but good for topping off pressures and emergencies. Flex hose extends 25 ft or so and coils up fine to pack away.

The house batteries under the entry steps make it easy to connect to the 12V.
I don't think of Harbor Freight, and I probably should. Thanks - I'll check it out.

Dan
Old 02-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #11

THOR #1123
Dan,

This is the model I purchased:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12Volt...sor-69285.html