Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Help no chassis power vegas

Went start our VEGAS thisorning, no dash lights, no radio, no start. Emergency start does nothing. Coach 12v is fine, Shore power is fine, Generator is fine. HELP!

Old 09-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Is use/store in use? (Not sure if Thor wired it up correctly and emergency start may only work in use--stranger things have happened.)

Are you properly using emergency start (I know an insulting question like "is it plugged in" but it needs to be asked):
  • Make sure in use
  • Start genny (just to get some extra juice)
  • Hold down emergency start while turning the key
  • Release emergency start after engine running (if it starts)

I'm not sure but there also may be a breaker on the chassis battery (others may be able to answer this question).

If you can get a voltmeter on the chassis battery check its voltage (if its fully charged you have a breaker/fuse issue if it isn't then a battery issue).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

THOR #4687
Got a battery charger plugged Into coach and hooked up to chassis. Solenoids started chattering when I applied power to the charger. Disconnected power, reconnected power, now at least have dash lights. Haven't tried to start yet, figured I would leave it on charger for a while.

Question. I thought the dash radio was on house piwer, but this morning, it was dead. Which source should it use?
Old 09-17-2016, 04:33 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Mike
Question. I thought the dash radio was on house piwer, but this morning, it was dead. Which source should it use?
I think its connected to both: It has two power leads:
  • A switched power lead, and
  • An always on lead
I think Thor connects the switched lead to the house battery, and the always on lead to the chassis battery.

I put a knife switch disconnect on my chassis battery (and another disconnect on my house battery). In addition, when I replaced the radio I connected both power leads to my house battery (the new radio has a GPS and thus there really was no need for it to remained powered up simply to keep the time).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #5

THOR #4687
I thought it was main power to house supply. That's why I was confused when this am, the radio was dead with the chassis and the house still had power
Old 09-17-2016, 09:57 PM   #6

State: Wisconsin
THOR #5443
They had a recall on electrical harnesses but are not saying anything. I have had a Thor Vegas at the dealership for 2months ,a 2016, new and it is still there. We have filed with the State Attorney General. The worst service I have ever seen. Thor does absolutely nothing to help because they know about the problems and are relying on the warranty instead of fixing the problems right at their facility where they have no quality control.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:26 PM   #7

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
On my 2015 Vegas, the radio operates off the house batteries. When the USE/STORE is in STORE the radio does not work.

There is one connection from the chassis battery to the radio. This power runs the radio clock and keeps the preset radio selections. If this wasn't powered off the chassis battery, every time you electrically disconnected the house batteries when you position the USE/STORE to STORE, you would have to reset the radio time and you'd loose all your preset radio station selections.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #8

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjim View Post
They had a recall on electrical harnesses but are not saying anything. I have had a Thor Vegas at the dealership for 2months ,a 2016, new and it is still there. We have filed with the State Attorney General. The worst service I have ever seen. Thor does absolutely nothing to help because they know about the problems and are relying on the warranty instead of fixing the problems right at their facility where they have no quality control.
What issues were you experiencing?
Old 09-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #9

State: Wisconsin
THOR #5443
There was no air conditioning in cockpit. Control panel would sometimes let you start generator. Night shade would not work. They put new control panel in but that did nothing. Dealer took it to a Ford Dealership but they could not fix it. They found some wires were not even hooked up. The dealership has had it to three different places with same results. This is not the first time the dealer has had problems with Thor. Thor just tells them to take it somewhere else. They will use it like a lab rat to experiment on at the customers expense. Thor knows they have problems but are hoping warranties run out before problems happen that way they are covered saying warranty is done so it is the customers problem now. When you have electrical problems there are many issues that could happen down the road. Thor is just hoping they happen after warranty runs out.