Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Happy camper and Calgon

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5767
sewer hook up

When you have sewer hook up . Do not keep your valve open . What till the tank gets atleast 1/23 full before you dump . Otherwise you will get the hard stuff stuck in your tank. Only the liquid will run our.
Old 05-24-2021, 01:07 AM   #23
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Can't stress enough that even with full hookups:

Keep the black valve closed until at least 2/3 full. Do NOT leave the black tank valve open.
This the proceedure we use as well. We make sure there is enough chemical in the black tank to prevent the stink !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 02:37 AM   #24

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My experience the same, not often I balance the tank, gets emptied after every trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I only use toilet chemicals when the wife says she thinks it smells. That happens once or twice a year. Most of the time though, I go chem free. Been doing this since the 1980s and never had a problem. I use Thetford stuff when I do use it though.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #25

Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
X 4 on the Happy Camper powder. As others have suggested, I wait until the black tank is 2/3rds to 3/4th full before dumping. I typically put a cup of dawn dish soap in the toilet about every 2nd or 3rd dump. I have used Calgon in the past, but seems that the suppliers value it more than I do, so have marked it off my purchase list. Many years ago I purchased items such as the Camco and Thetford brand black tank/sewer tablets, but always ended up with sewer odors. Haven’t had odor issues since using Happy Camper. Matter-of-factly, I have no issues with my tanks. Any issues beyond the tanks are self induced, such as not correctly hooking up my discharge hose during draining (seems like I’m half blind anymore). I only mention that because I did it two weeks ago. Talk about a panic!