Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2018, 01:40 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I have one for Orange County Toll Roads, which is good for every toll road and bridge in California.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:00 AM   #22

Model: Axis 25.1
State: California
THOR #2792
Fastrak and any other transponder that is from California works anywhere in Calfornia including for bridge tolls. Elsewhere, if it works, I do not know.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:55 PM   #23

Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
ezpass towing

I have EZpass for vehicle with dual rear wheels, In the past I was told when towing I am supposed to pull in to a manned toll lane so they can add the towed axles, Doing this Defeats avoiding the backups at the lanes.
I Only did this once.
But now NY has eliminated manned booths at alot of the toll plazas, If you don't have EZPass they will take a picture of your plates and send you a bill in the mail.
Old 09-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #24

Model: four winds 31W
State: Virginia
THOR #9584
Send a message via Yahoo to caution
Smile Toll Responders

I was concerned about this issue as well. I have a 31W pulling a Ford Focus. I finally called the Virginia DMV department that handles EZ Pass. Told them about my rig and what I was towing. They sent me a different colored EZ Pass (also the minimum charge for replenish is $70!) that considers my situation. The first time I went up to a toll road I was concerned would it charge correctly. The toll person looked out the window, noted what fee was collected and waved me through. I haven't stopped at a toll since.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:37 PM   #25

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
PikePass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno1950 View Post
Florida has SunPass, Kansas has K tag. Texas has TxTag which covers Tx and Kansas but not Oklahoma. Oklahoma has PikePass and on and on. What a mess. Oklahoma has toll booths that only accept exact change. They don’t tell you that until you’re on the road itself.
We have an Oklahama PikePass on both our ACE and our MiniCooper toad. Both Kansas and north Texas (Dallas-Ft. Worth area) accept PikePass. Houston Turnpike Authority does not so we log into their website a couple days after transiting and pay by credit card with no penalty. I have not seen a cash toll booth in Texas in years, not sure there are any.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:57 PM   #26

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
What toll transponders does everyone use when traveling toll roads?
none

traveled this whole country, top to bottom, side to side, and all in the middle, as well as most ALL of Canada, east to west, and even Alaska... and have never needed one. Toll roads don't 'require' a transponder, that's only for convenience if you really use them a lot, and/or live in the area - other than that, don't fret it.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #27
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
none

traveled this whole country, top to bottom, side to side, and all in the middle, as well as most ALL of Canada, east to west, and even Alaska... and have never needed one. Toll roads don't 'require' a transponder, that's only for convenience if you really use them a lot, and/or live in the area - other than that, don't fret it.
Sure, you don't need a transponder if you enjoy paying the extra service charge on the toll-by-plate roads with no toll booths.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 03:31 PM   #28

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
Here in the Denver area we have a 470 Toll Road, I had a tag for that
in both my cars and MH. When towing my toad behind the MH the
meter would click on the tag in the MH windshield and the camera
would take a picture of the license plate on the toad.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:12 PM   #29

State: North Carolina
THOR #11509
North Carolina EZ Pass advantage

I learned EZ Passes purchased in the NE only work in the NE. Also EZ Passes or Quick passes purchased in the SE only work in the SE. However, if you buy your transponder in North Carolina, it works both places! Woohoo! We registered our Class C, as well as our SmartCar Toad. Surprisingly, our charges were very low in OH and NY. Havnt figured out why, but not complaining
Old 09-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #30

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE Ellie
THOR #12108
Too roads and transponders

Heard on Florida news (out of Orlando) today, that Florida will now accept EZ-Pass. Not sure if they are phasing out SunPass or both will be accepted. This makes 17 states where EZ-Pass is used.http://www.thorforums.com/forums/ima...coolsmiley.gif
Passport America
sedeterding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:16 AM   #31

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE Ellie
THOR #12108
Toll roads and transponders

Heard on Florida news (out of Orlando) today, that Florida will now accept EZ-Pass. Not sure if they are phasing out SunPass or both will be accepted. This makes 17 states where EZ-Pass is used.http://www.thorforums.com/forums/ima...coolsmiley.gif
Passport America
sedeterding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toll roads, toll transponders