Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
My #1.Waiting until it is delivered.
Get a pad of paper and some pencils and come back a couple months after you get it.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:32 PM   #42

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patruck View Post
My toad doesn’t get 30mpg!
Mine neither!! It gets 50 mpg.
Toyota Prius works really well on a dolly.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:01 PM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
This why I LOVE to HATE thing that need to be IMPROVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
It's a kit.
It rolls when you buy it but the rest is up to you. It's adequate, nothing more.

You've changed what you don't like.
$24+ buys you steering wheel radio and android controls on Amazon. It'll even control driving lights and electric blankets if you want it to.
The factory system might have been a $300 and could never open or close a roof vent.

You're on your way to making it entirely yours.
Well Mr. Duck you should see my Face your $24 Proclamation gave me an idea I never would have thought of. My #4 Dislike on my RV has now been fixed.

It took some very careful research as Pioneer's Customer Service makes Thor Motor Coach seem like the recipient of the The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 5 years running [note: my SOB has Pioneer MVH-200EX Radio Receiver]

So I was basically on my own for a solution; I went with a PAC (who has excellent support) Interface Model SWI-RC-1, and a gamble on a no name China made Steering Wheel Control wireless device with Analog output. Spent about $65 in parts. Went to a Car Toys with all of my parts and all my homework done. Showed them the dip settings, the wiring diagram, and the manual procedure to program the buttons for a Pioneer Radio, Bluetooth, Tracks, Radio and Phone. They charged me $100 + tax. The Tech walked me through everything and even wrapped existing wires (phone mic, and USB cable) neater than what it was from factory

Remembering the Duck way, but with no Tacos, or Donuts nearby; I was in a quandary to save Face So I tried to give the Tech $20; but apparently the bosses saw me, he would not take it , so I walk over to the boss and tried to give it to him asking that he make sure Name Not Disclosed was taken care of and he wouldn't take it either WTF!!! So I tell Name Not Disclosed that I needed to make sure that when playing music from the phone; the track up/down wireless button worked with it. So we go to the RV he shows me and I shake his hand giving him the $20. First time I have shaked hands with someone without gloves since Covid

So, ultimately it may have cost me $190 bucks, but this is a major resolution for me and a tremendous safety improvement. Incidentally, during the process I learned how the radio comes out; so in future I know how to get to it, but something tells me, as long as Name Not Disclosed is at Car Toys, he will take care of me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210907_175006.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	33429  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:06 PM   #44

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
1-9 the stereo
10: not getting a longer with bunks.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:32 AM   #45

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'm glad the radio controls worked out.

We never use a radio. Occasionally an audio book, but mostly we talk and look and point and stop and u-turn and take that smaller/thinner/less travelled/dirt/field access road.
(Punchline I didn't install the controls but I will eventually to control other things like the light bar and auxiliary horns and such)

Next We'll get you involved in my one button, self timed, tornado on, macerator on, black valve, gray valve, rinse, close, close, tornados off, rinse, macerator off, project.(with indicator lights)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:54 AM   #46

THOR #13058
This why I LOVE to HATE thing that need to be IMPROVED #2

Okay, another item I hated has been fixed (improved).

#7 No outside connection for water hose hookup ( to wash RV to get my fresh water tank down to 1/3 full)

I was able to find an adapter that connects to my outside kitchen sink spout ($8). It accepts a standard 3/4" Water hose; so now not only can I use my freshwater to wash RV, but I can get hot water, warm etc

Additionally, I was able to get another adapter ($6) that connects to the 1st adapter that allows me to connect the original coach's shower hose that we no were using. You may remember originally we were getting zapped with cold water in the shower. I went with a newer upgraded shower fixture inside the RV and no more zapping But I kept the original fixtures and shower hose, and now it is the perfect sprayer for the sink. If we need to shower outdoors, wash shoes, etc. we can, and it is all on the passenger side for night use and security.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210914_211627.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	33622   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210914_211805.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	33623  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-15-2021, 03:20 AM   #47

THOR #13932
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

On-the-road vehicle washing semi-God of a tool.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:34 PM   #48

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Well Mr. Duck you should see my Face your $24 Proclamation gave me an idea I never would have thought of. My #4 Dislike on my RV has now been fixed.

It took some very careful research as Pioneer's Customer Service makes Thor Motor Coach seem like the recipient of the The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 5 years running [note: my SOB has Pioneer MVH-200EX Radio Receiver]

So I was basically on my own for a solution; I went with a PAC (who has excellent support) Interface Model SWI-RC-1, and a gamble on a no name China made Steering Wheel Control wireless device with Analog output. Spent about $65 in parts. Went to a Car Toys with all of my parts and all my homework done. Showed them the dip settings, the wiring diagram, and the manual procedure to program the buttons for a Pioneer Radio, Bluetooth, Tracks, Radio and Phone. They charged me $100 + tax. The Tech walked me through everything and even wrapped existing wires (phone mic, and USB cable) neater than what it was from factory

Remembering the Duck way, but with no Tacos, or Donuts nearby; I was in a quandary to save Face So I tried to give the Tech $20; but apparently the bosses saw me, he would not take it , so I walk over to the boss and tried to give it to him asking that he make sure Name Not Disclosed was taken care of and he wouldn't take it either WTF!!! So I tell Name Not Disclosed that I needed to make sure that when playing music from the phone; the track up/down wireless button worked with it. So we go to the RV he shows me and I shake his hand giving him the $20. First time I have shaked hands with someone without gloves since Covid

So, ultimately it may have cost me $190 bucks, but this is a major resolution for me and a tremendous safety improvement. Incidentally, during the process I learned how the radio comes out; so in future I know how to get to it, but something tells me, as long as Name Not Disclosed is at Car Toys, he will take care of me.
You do know your steering wheel is upside down right?
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:39 PM   #49

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post

No I didn't? Is it....

I may have popped a few wheelies, but don't remember doing some 360s

Been like that since I had it, It it were and it was reversed now, I would probably wreck it.

Are you saying the Ford Emblem is suppose to be upside down or the entire horn assembly is on backwards?

I know a guy wanted to take his RV back because his brand new generator had like 35 hours. If they sold me an upside down F-53 I want my money back. I know the new ones cost twice as much; but I am pompous RV owner that think the world evolves around me, me, me. So I want I want I want.

Nah all kidding aside is it upside down for real?
Old 09-15-2021, 11:48 PM   #50

THOR #13058
Quote:
Attached is a picture taken 11/22/2019 before I actually bought it, it was at dealership in Port St. Lucie Florida at the time. If you can't get a perfect RV in Florida, they don't make them Perfect Folks down there got RV money, I managed to sneak in a get a good one that somehow nobody else wanted or saw. I love this damn thing and I love to Hate things about it, but with that said, if they shut this site down, I think I would sell, sell, sell.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	02-main.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	33659  
Old 09-15-2021, 11:58 PM   #51

THOR #13058
Quote:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

On-the-road vehicle washing semi-God of a tool.
That looks like a perfect 2 year RV Anniversary gift for me

Thus far on the road, the only thing I ever have to wash is the front for bugs and sometimes the back if generator ran a lot. Given that I have to pull the water hose anyway, my spray nozzle is pretty powerful. I do want a spray foamer that I can adjust the mix of soap/wax and turn completely off to rinse with a regular hose. I do now but I actually use a converter weed killer dispenser into a RC wash and wax dispenser. It actually works great, but I have to unscrew it off to put the nozzle on. I spray the bugs wait a few minutes and brush it, then rinse and the Bugs B Gone Really easy
Old 09-16-2021, 12:11 AM   #52

THOR #6280
Quote:
No I didn't? Is it....

I may have popped a few wheelies, but don't remember doing some 360s

Been like that since I had it, It it were and it was reversed now, I would probably wreck it.

Are you saying the Ford Emblem is suppose to be upside down or the entire horn assembly is on backwards?

I know a guy wanted to take his RV back because his brand new generator had like 35 hours. If they sold me an upside down F-53 I want my money back. I know the new ones cost twice as much; but I am pompous RV owner that think the world evolves around me, me, me. So I want I want I want.

Nah all kidding aside is it upside down for real?
I’m kidding you!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:38 AM   #53

THOR #13058
Quote:
I’m kidding you!
Well you had me... I guess I will need to call Winnebago back in the morning and apologize for my long winded voicemail I was gonna demand a new RV and/or force them to take back this one back. I couldn't imagine driving the RV upside down anymore.

It is good to know there are more RV owners with a sense of humor beside Bob.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3656 Edit.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	33666  
Old 09-16-2021, 01:26 AM   #54

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Well you had me... I guess I will need to call Winnebago back in the morning and apologize for my long winded voicemail I was gonna demand a new RV and/or force them to take back this one back. I couldn't imagine driving the RV upside down anymore.

It good to know there are more RV owners with a sense of humor beside Bob.
It does give you a new perspective on things. See things in an all new light. Tires last longer too.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:59 PM   #55

THOR #6280
Quote:

It is good to know there are more RV owners with a sense of humor beside Bob.
Great photo. Say mind if I ask you how the heck you got your RV down to Australia?
Old 09-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #56

THOR #13058
Quote:
Great photo. Say mind if I ask you how the heck you got your RV down to Australia?
Oh that was easy, but I have had arguments with a number of people who do not believe the world is round.... citing some "conspiracies about traveling"

But anyway, I turned both ACs on at Full Blast AUTO HIGH and all 3 vent fans at Max speeds, then I started emptying my fresh water tank and as I got down to 1/3 tank the RV lifted off the ground, as the earth was rotating there is a linear proportional relationship with the arc tangents to the RV; so 12 hours later I was exactly upside down, and on the bottom of the world which had the top of the RV right side down, or as they say down here bottoms up mate
Old 09-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #57

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
How about the thor manuals say one thing and where its located, only to call thor and be told, “thats not on your unit”. Well thank you very much.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:47 PM   #58

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
How about the thor manuals say one thing and where its located, only to call thor and be told, “thats not on your unit”. Well thank you very much.
Terry
Mid year and ongoing changes of
'Boss! We're out of blue ones! Should I install a red one to keep the assembly line moving?
have been a fact since the first chariots and drags.

The official ford parts catalog list for 1963 thunderbird shows a whole parts breakdown for a two 4barrel Set up.
Never happened. It was in the parts books at least through 1971.
Cruise control listed as an option. It never happened.

55 studebaker President Speedster with an automatic from the factory yet had 3tree linkage hanging on it...shipped that way from the factory.

Imagine owning a Lancia or Peugeot and trying to go by the manual....

So...
Ask US what you need to know.
You know, and we know, that the Thor person is opening a book to tell you what's what and we'll be lying under our rv taking pictures for you.

They're phone folk, nothing more.
expect nothing more.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:27 PM   #59

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillbox View Post
Terry
and Winnebago manuals. My Dealer Supplied Winnebago manual incorrectly described the procedure for draining Freshwater tank. The Dealer that sold the RV all but called me an idiot because I couldn't follow their instructions or the manual. After calling Winnebago they figured out I had wrong version of manual; which to their credit they sent me the new manual and the correct way to drain the tank. Now I can drain tank to no problem, but as I stated above, I no longer need to drain tank to waste water, I can use it wash bugs off RV or top fill the black tank to help sanitize and flush it out.

I really like your "I hate topic" because I also remember talking to Power Gear on the phone about a contradiction with their manual, and the lady asked me "why was I going by the manual that came with the unit"? She said I was suppose to download the correct version from their website
Old 09-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #60

THOR #13058
Quote:
Mid year and ongoing changes of
'Boss! We're out of blue ones! Should I install a red one to keep the assembly line moving?
have been a fact since the first chariots and drags.

The official ford parts catalog list for 1963 thunderbird shows a whole parts breakdown for a two 4barrel Set up.
Never happened. It was in the parts books at least through 1971.
Cruise control listed as an option. It never happened.

55 studebaker President Speedster with an automatic from the factory yet had 3tree linkage hanging on it...shipped that way from the factory.

Imagine owning a Lancia or Peugeot and trying to go by the manual....

So...
Ask US what you need to know.
You know, and we know, that the Thor person is opening a book to tell you what's what and we'll be lying under our rv taking pictures for you.

They're phone folk, nothing more.
expect nothing more.
Do you mean like the Mechanical Product's 6 amp DC push button circuit breaker that I found on my coach that I cannot find nowhere else!!! I was trying to get the exact same part to ensure fitment is non issue, but it is as if 1600-069-060 250VDC/50VDC 2917 were the blue ones they ran of