Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
UAV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude XG32
State: Colorado
THOR #16507
2020 Thor Magnitude XG32

Hey All...

After looking at everything under the sun, Class A, B and C...and this being our fourth coach, we are ready to go with a Magnitude XG32.

I know and have heard/read/researched all of the quality control issues from everybody on every coach so no need to go there.

I have owned Monaco (Class A) and Leisure Van (Class B+/C) and all of them have had issues.

Bottom line, for what we are needing, the XG32 (sounds like a spy plane) is not too big, not too small, not too expensive, not too inexpensive.

Checks the boxes we need checked at the moment.

Ford F550, 4X4 to boot. Only 33'6" and plenty of room for the two of us.

This all said, pickup should be occurring early in September and there is very little out there on quality, good things, bad things, etc. At least on the XG32.

I will be looking forward to sharing my experiences and I will be posting things from day one on so others can hopefully use these experiences to their advantage and/or to assist them in the decision making process.

My hope is that there are relatively few negative comments but honesty and straightforwardness will rule the day for me. Just how I roll.

If anyone out there has already has one feel free to chime in!

More soon...

Old 08-26-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Congratulations! Looking forward to reading of your travels. That unit is one on my next unit list. Safe travels! .......Rev.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Your post piqued my interest - so had to check it out. Nice rig! We hope to upgrade RV and downsize everything else in a couple of years. XG32 is now on our list as well.

Unless you find it to be a lemon model....
Old 08-26-2019, 10:45 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Super C is the bomb!! You will love it. PM if I can help in any way. Almost 2 years in to ours with none of the cafe issues so common with other models. It's the F550 chassis and the top of the lime construction that makes the difference. Plant 250 rocks!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:18 AM   #5

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
I also have the super c for almost 2 years 2017 sk35 Gritz you are right it’s the bomb just a few cosmetic issues that were easily fixed very nice ride wife and I enjoy this rv
Old 08-27-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
Your post piqued my interest - so had to check it out. Nice rig! We hope to upgrade RV and downsize everything else in a couple of years. XG32 is now on our list as well.

Unless you find it to be a lemon model....

Selling mine in 2-3 years after we tame the Wild West....keep in touch and follow our adventure.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:57 AM   #7
UAV

THOR #16507
For those that are curious...and some of you out there are, pickup of the XG32 is scheduled for this coming Monday, the 16th of September.

I will be giving reports throughout the experience, initial quality, etc. so stay tuned if you are interested. If not, that is okay, too!

Also, on a more general Thor front, I did have a question regarding a couple of items. Happy to report so far so good.

I went to the Thor website, gave them my soon to me VIN# for the Magnitude and they replied with a phone call and answers to me questions within about 10 minutes.

This leave me optimistic! Cautiously optimistic...but optimistic!

More soon.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #8

THOR #11130
It's a good call!! It's a great unit and you'll love the quality. When I was there in December, one of my many questions, the day we spent touring 3 plants with the Inside Sales guy, was about the consistent quality issues and how they filter them back through production. He said..."it's all about which plant they are built in...some plants really have issues with keeping people long enough". He also told me how they are starting to build lines of like models rather than this model following that model down the line, etc. The one thing he stressed...Plant 250 is our best Plant! Plant 250 is where the Super C's are built. We toured it and was really impressed how everything has a second eye as it passed through production. The QC team at the end was pretty impressive as well. Lots of issues both inside the coach and outside were caught, tagged and repaired right there...then it went back through inspections. Even the plumbing system is pressure tested at the end of the line. We've been really pleased so far with the built quality. BUT...mostly the F550 chassis, which was built in a commercial truck plant, then delivered to Thor...complete. It's all about which Plant they are built in since they operate as nearly independent companies of each other.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:52 AM   #9
UAV

THOR #16507
Thanks Grtiz.

Just arrived about 30 minutes after the dealer closed and got a call from my Dealer Rep.

After telling me the coach was cleaned, checked and cleaned again that there was an "issue" with the flooring. Sounds like a tear of some sort in the linoleum in a conspicuous place.

Sort of disappointing. No other details until Monday which is the scheduled pick up day.

And here I thought they were waiting around a little extra while and calling so I could get a sneak peek before then...oh well.

Kind of feels like since they admitted to this tear being in the coach that the coach is kind of used now, too.

I sense a discount...assuming the deal still happens.

More soon...
Old 09-15-2019, 02:43 AM   #10

THOR #11130
It's a lot of money...I wouldn't accept it without it being perfect. My question would be...when did it happen, how did it happen and why did you wait till the last minute too tell me? The flooring goes down before the interior. I wouldn't accept a patch job but I wouldn't trust them to re-do the entire interior either. If you traded this for discount...it would have to be pretty deep for me with a promise they would cover the cost at the factory to replace it.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #11
UAV

THOR #16507
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
It's a lot of money...I wouldn't accept it without it being perfect. My question would be...when did it happen, how did it happen and why did you wait till the last minute too tell me? The flooring goes down before the interior. I wouldn't accept a patch job but I wouldn't trust them to re-do the entire interior either. If you traded this for discount...it would have to be pretty deep for me with a promise they would cover the cost at the factory to replace it.
I agree completely.

I am now sitting in a hotel 3 min away but being Sunday, they've closed. However, circumstances to me dictate that someone come by and get me in to see it today so I can make my decision on how to proceed. Working on it.

No sense in wasting more time, money on hotel, etc. than I already have.

The drama continues...
Old 09-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #12

THOR #11130
Interesting how they waited until after they were closed to call you...sorta the coward approach by my standards...but we're dealing with RV sales goobers. They are gambling on your excitement and that you'll be overwhelmed and take a small discount or empty promise to fix it. Once you leave...you are totally on your own. I would call Thor 1st thing Monday morning and ask them how they would handle this. If the dealer documented the issue as soon as it hit their lot, it backs up to the transport company, then Thor can deal wit them. If not, the dealer people damaged it. Either way...and as stated earlier...this is a very expensive coach and you should not have to take delivery in less than perfect condition. My first question, and one that would govern every other action...when did this happen and why didn't someone call me right away?
Old 09-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #13

Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
THOR #11007
Powerball plays heavily into our retirement plans. Only thing I don't like on the XG32 floorplan is lack of outdoor kitchen. SV34 has that, but I don't like the cab TV placement and king bed takes more space than necessary. Definitely don't want a bunkhouse model - kids and grandkids might want to move back in :-D
Old 09-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #14

THOR #11130
Same here...the entertainment system up front took care of two others. We call it the "Honeymoon Suite"...only room for two...or maybe a real close friend on the sofa but only for one night.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #15
UAV

THOR #16507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureTheSouth View Post
Powerball plays heavily into our retirement plans. Only thing I don't like on the XG32 floorplan is lack of outdoor kitchen. SV34 has that, but I don't like the cab TV placement and king bed takes more space than necessary. Definitely don't want a bunkhouse model - kids and grandkids might want to move back in :-D
That is funny. We liked it because we did not need an outdoor kitchen area...although I thought about putting in a small washer/dryer combo in there.

Wife wanted to go as short as possible. We narrowed it down to another Leisure Van, a smaller class A or the Magnitude.

In the end, the Magnitude won out...LTVs are nice but just a little too small. Class A's just don't do much for me unless one spends big bucks.

In the end, I just want an RV that is built well, has a floorplan we like and which is large enough for just the two of us...and maybe a third on a very rare, special, once in a blue moon time.

Hopefully the Magnitude will fit the bill.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #16
UAV

THOR #16507
And for those who may be wondering: I did NOT pick up my Magnitude last week as planned.

As noted, drove 12 hours to go and get her, hotel, fuel, etc. But the issue with the floor (and I mean in a very conspicuous spot right in the middle of the floor) was a deal breaker for me and I walked away.

A "tile" in the linoleum had been removed (supposedly due to a dent in the floor) and the repair was just going to be a major eyesore, probably would peel and curl in a few weeks, etc. That linoleum needs to be one solid sheet...once a "piece" of that solid sheet is removed, it will never be the same. At least in my world.

Dealer tried to have me take it by offering additional incentives but in the end they figured out I was not about to do so. It was shiny, clean, all opened up and ready for further inspections...and boy, that F550 is SWEET but my prudent side (and Gritz Carlton comment leading the way) said walk away. So I did. Was not easy. But best choice.

Ordered another and should arrive by around Thanksgiving. SWe are still most excited and other than the floor issue there were only very minor other issues during the rest of the walkthough. It is a great sized coach for two, the Ford F550 is super nice and the floorplan is not too big, not too small...just right.

Once I pick her up I shall report back.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #17

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Thats a bummer but I think you did the right thing.

I really like this floor plan (and size). To me the 29 to 33 foot RV's are the sweet spot.....not too big and not too small.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/magni...oor-plans/XG32
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:50 PM   #18
UAV

THOR #16507
Here is the latest...New replacement XG32 won't be delivered until the first week of December.

Sort of a bummer but so it goes.

If anything changes, then I will post again.

Until then, the wait continues.

It was very hard to walk away from the "original" since I had trips planned, etc.

However, being brand new, I simply could not take one that had a pretty significant issue right out of the gate.

The wait should pay off in peace of mind.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #19
UAV

THOR #16507
Nothing new to report.

However, was wondering if anyone has learned anything new regarding the Magnitude, any model, regarding quality control, issues, good stories or bad.

Or if anyone on here has picked up an XG32.

Me, I will post again once I learn anything new, of course.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:49 AM   #20
MCG

State: Utah
THOR #17782
Magnitude XG32

How is the 2020 MAGNITUDE XG32 working out for you? Wondering what the final cost was after all the hassle.