Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: New York
THOR #7582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
We always take our little dog with us, one reason we travel in an RV, so we don't have to leave her behind. I use a Temp Stick to monitor the interior temperature of the motorhome while we are away. If the temp goes beyond a pre-set level, it will text me, and I can monitor any time.
Could I have more details on the device you use? I normally leave the a/c on but I worry about it. Thanks.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #22

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
The device is called Temp Stick, available at Amazon. It connects to WiFi, or in the motorhome my Wife's tablet hotspot, monitors temperature and humidity, you can set the temp that you want it to notify you. Works great.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #23

THOR #7582
Thanks. It never occurred to me that something like that was available.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #24

THOR #5821
Makes us feel much better leaving our girl, knowing that in case of a power failure or AC failure, we will know quickly enough to do something about it.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #25

THOR #7582
I consider my animals to be part of the family and I don't like leaving them behind. I like them better than most of my relatives. The problem is that I travel with 3 dogs and a cat. It's not always practical to have them tag along. With one of these devices I could at least go out to dinner without feeling guilty. Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #26
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
The device is called Temp Stick, available at Amazon. It connects to WiFi, or in the motorhome my Wife's tablet hotspot, monitors temperature and humidity, you can set the temp that you want it to notify you. Works great.
Going direct to manufacturer site you will likely save about $10 - and free priority mail shipping...
Works well as long as you have wifi...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 01:01 AM   #27

THOR #5821
Just as a side issue, I had trouble getting it connected into the park's WiFi, couldn't get it past having to respond to agree to their terms, at least with the temp stick. My solution, is to use the hot spot on my wife's tablet, which we leave in the MH when do our short side trips anyway. It uses so little band width, that its data usage is not even a slight problem. I talked to their (Temp Stick & one of the parks we stayed at)) tech support, and they both said there really is no way to get past the required response on most parks WiFi. The tablets hot spot works just fine.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #28
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Just as a side issue, I had trouble getting it connected into the park's WiFi, couldn't get it past having to respond to agree to their terms, at least with the temp stick. My solution, is to use the hot spot on my wife's tablet, which we leave in the MH when do our short side trips anyway. It uses so little band width, that its data usage is not even a slight problem. I talked to their (Temp Stick & one of the parks we stayed at)) tech support, and they both said there really is no way to get past the required response on most parks WiFi. The tablets hot spot works just fine.
Good point on the 'terms of service' acceptance...
I've always done one connection to park wifi via a PicoStation - then feed into my RV wifi router... So everything else inside is connected only to my router - and avoids that issue (as well as the device limits they might enforce)

With the Mobley currently directly connecting to it - but does limit devices to 5... Not an issue when we aren't in the RV.. lol... plenty available for the Temp Stick. Will probably run that thru a router/extender of some sort to get around the 5 devices... at least on long trips...
2 computers... two tablets... two phones... bluray player for netflix... ps4... temp stick... Too much.. lol
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #29

THOR #8416
Help Hios for humans and their fur owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papafoos View Post
This interests me also. I'm particularly interested in how anyone monitors temperature. If the A/C went out, I'd be devastated if I lost one of my mutts due to overheating.
Hubby and I both take Lurong. It is the powdered substance that deer antlers shed. Miracle! We give two per week to our 17 rescue. Makes her feel so much better. Lurong Living: Get all day energy, live pain free, and more!
Old 08-19-2017, 05:42 AM   #30

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Arkansas
THOR #7538
We take our 2 lab mix puppies (less than 1 yr old & about 60 lbs each) on our trips. We have yet to leave them alone for long & never when it was hot but found an interim measure to reassure ourselves that they are good campground neighbors. We are using voice activated Walkie talkies. As long as we aren't too far away, we can hear them if they bark and even talk to them to calm them. Not a solution for the temp issue but we can use the auto start if the power goes out. We also have a camera we are planning to set up. Doing our best to care for the baby boys & still be neighborly.