Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Trip across America

Hello everyone, We just returned from a 6200 mile trip in our 2016 Vegas 25.2. All went well. The motorhome performed great with out any issues. We did not tow this time. We met a lot of great people and enjoyed just being able to get out and see this great country. God Bless America and all of you.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:44 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
That's so great to hear! I've done a lots of "bits and pieces" traveling, but am 3 years away from being able to do it without a time schedule. I, too, really like meeting all of the wonderful people along the way!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hello everyone, We just returned from a 6200 mile trip in our 2016 Vegas 25.2. All went well. The motorhome performed great with out any issues. We did not tow this time. We met a lot of great people and enjoyed just being able to get out and see this great country. God Bless America and all of you.
That is wonderful. What route did you follow?
Old 02-08-2017, 02:48 AM   #4

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Great to hear. Thanks for your uplifting message. Glad you enjoyed the journey!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
There is nothing like full time traveling throughout this country. We did three years worth with only 3 month stationary breaks camped in SW Florida for each winter. Even with all those miles and months devoted to seeing the U.S. we only really covered 26 states. We have been back in a house for about two years now but I could sell everything and head out again tomorrow!
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:45 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #4366
We just got back from two months on the road to AZ. About 4k miles and always met new and interesting people. Most of the trip was dry camping.
Two weeks at Lost Dutchman SP near Apache Junction, AZ. While $20 a night for dry camping is steep the park is nice. $30 will get you water and electric hook-ups. Two weeks and Big Bend, $7 a night. 3 Days at Amistad near Del Rio; $2 a night all dry camping.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:46 AM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locknut View Post
That is wonderful. What route did you follow?
We tried to stay to the south We got on 95 South around Lumberton and then hit 20 over to Dallas Ft Worth then we picked up 10 down toward the Mexican Boarder. Outside LA we took 5 North in California. Coming back we came down 1/101 then 10, 20, 95. Now with that said there were several stop off places that would take us around on 2 lane roads then back to the interstates. Here is a pic from Banning California, Stagecoach KOA. Snow caped mountains and Coyotes howling in the hills.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2867.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	3944  
Old 02-22-2017, 04:14 AM   #8

THOR #6557
Quote:

We will pick up our 2017 25.2 in a couple days.
A stupid question, who do you handle the bottom sheet as you fold the bed?
Thanks for any help.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #9

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
We will pick up our 2017 25.2 in a couple days.
A stupid question, who do you handle the bottom sheet as you fold the bed?
Thanks for any help.

The sheets, bottom and top, too just fold over with the bed. We have a foam topper which, with the bedspread, prevents the mattress from folding flat. I attached two eye hooks to stretch a bungee across the folded portion to hold it up.
Congratulations on your new coach!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #10

THOR #6557
Folding bed and sheets

Thank you for the insight. I'm not sure that I understand but I tend to overthink things. I'm sure that when I'm standing there looking at the bed and reviewing your advise in my mind, things will be very clear.

You stated that you added a topper, if I may ask, what size and where did you purchase?

Regular queen sheets?

Again; Thanks for the help
Jerry
Old 02-23-2017, 10:01 PM   #11

State: Oregon
THOR #6206
Fridge frost in freezer compartment

Nice to hear from Vegas and Axis owners.
We are currently plugged in at the Fountain of Youth RV Spa Resort near Bombay Beach off hi way 111, on the Salton Sea. We're the new owners of a 2017&1/2 we were told Vegas 25.2. Love it! We've been on the road nearly 5 weeks, 1700 miles.

We have developed excessive frost in the freezer as the book terms it? It's getting inside food baggies? Any thoughts?

Ricker
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #12

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
It helps to place the battery operated frig fan inside on one of the lower shelves. Also outside humidity affects frost buildup.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:20 AM   #13

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Thank you for the insight. I'm not sure that I understand but I tend to overthink things. I'm sure that when I'm standing there looking at the bed and reviewing your advise in my mind, things will be very clear.
You stated that you added a topper, if I may ask, what size and where did you purchase?
Regular queen sheets?
Again; Thanks for the help
Jerry

We have had that topper for years, probably came from one of the big box discount retailers. I think it is a two inch foam, not the egg crate type.
You'll get differing opinions on sheets. We use standard queen sheets, and yes, they are too long and must be retucked every day.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:36 AM   #14

THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricker View Post
Fridge frost in freezer compartment
We have developed excessive frost in the freezer as the book terms it? It's getting inside food baggies? Any thoughts?
Ricker

Check to see if the seal is tight all the way around the door. Warm, moist air will make it frost over fast. An old appliance guy used to check the seal with a dollar bill. Close one in the door and check the resistance when you pull it out.
This is almost surely your problem.