Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Newmar
State: Oklahoma
THOR #4495
Turn signal camera and radio

When I use the left turn signal, radio cuts off, camera comes on until turn is complete then radio comes on. Right turn signal has no problem. Any ideas how to correct this? Thanks
I have a Thor ace 29.1 year 2012

Old 06-11-2016, 01:51 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
What happens when you back up? It is possible the plugs aren't in correctly and your left turn camera is plugged into the back up camera (back up camera usually has a mic so the radio will cut out so you can hear).

If it isn't the camera's perhaps its just the triggers--if I remember correctly they are on separate plugs.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:14 AM   #3

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorace1 View Post
When I use the left turn signal, radio cuts off, camera comes on until turn is complete then radio comes on. Right turn signal has no problem. Any ideas how to correct this? Thanks
I have a Thor ace 29.1 year 2012
I dont understand the problem. What you are telling me is the left camera is working and comes on when you turn left. The center camera in the rear should come on when you reverse or if you set it to be on all the time. The right camera should come on when you turn right. As far as the radio I don't use it so I don't know.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:27 AM   #4

Model: Newmar
State: Oklahoma
THOR #4495
Left turn signal and radio

Thanks for the ideas about the Wireing when I first received the Thor the radio and dash was not wired properly from the dealer. Did not know about microphone. Will,have to dig back into the dash and re check. Do not even know if mic even works. Never heard anything from it

Since I have had this unit I have had to redo the sewer system. Sewer tank is on right side of RV. Need to run 40 ft hose under to the left side to use RV site dump stations. Hydrolics quit working and had to run new hydrolic level works, and finally put it new key pad to operate hydrolic leveler.

When I get done redoing this dealer delivered model, it should run better than than delivery from factory. Thanks again for the help. Will pull radio this weekend.