Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
TV Removal

After over 20 years as an aircraft jet engine mechanic I’m a little embarrassed to ask this but does anyone have the magic formula to remove the over the door tv in a 2017 Vegas 25-2? I’m at the point of doing a “Lockheed” removal but don’t want to ruin it plus the spouse would not be pleased. Thanks for any assistance.

Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
We had a 2017 Axis, but I'm sure the TV mount would be the same. On ours, there was a small lever on the mounting bracket that needed to be pushed to release the TV from the wall. I found it by taking a video behind the TV with my phone.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
If your interested in an install option for that TV, take a look at post 954 in the Axis Vegas mods thread here, http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...go-820-48.html

It makes watching TV soooo much more comfortable.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:41 AM   #4

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry B. View Post
After over 20 years as an aircraft jet engine mechanic I’m a little embarrassed to ask this but does anyone have the magic formula to remove the over the door tv in a 2017 Vegas 25-2? I’m at the point of doing a “Lockheed” removal but don’t want to ruin it plus the spouse would not be pleased. Thanks for any assistance.
You can use past experience in similar situations or as a comparison but RVs are a different animal. Kinda helps to write down funny solutions too.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:42 AM   #5

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Oh yeah, I used to have the old 'Grumman' tool with me also.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:56 AM   #6

State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
Thanks upnyfolks, appreciate the help. I’ll take a look for that lever. Must have overlooked it or maybe over thinking this whole task.
Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #7

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
In our 2016 it is a lever and you lift UP after you "click" the lever
Old 04-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #8

State: California
THOR #6557
There are 2 levers, left and right, pull toward the rear of tv. Top of bracket sets on a horizontal bar. When you unlatch both locks, tv will pivot out. Lift up.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 AM   #9

State: California
THOR #6557
Quote:

Second reply:
There are 2 levers about 4” left and right of tv center, pull toward the back of the tv.
Problem is if you have large hands, large forearms, it is very difficult to reach the levers.
Solution that I use, I’m sure there are better ways but this works for me.
Looking towards the rear of rig, there is space for your left arm to reach in behind the tv, up 3 or so inches from bottom of tv. Unlatch left latch. Now the fun, continue to look Aft, there is room just past the center of the tv to put your left arm behind tv moving right or aft and unlatch right lever. Because you have pressure on tv it will jump out towards you. It will not fall because top bar is holding tv. After your heart calms down, lift the tv up and out.
Simple the 3rd time.
Good luck
Old 04-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #10

State: Florida
THOR #1249
On the older Axis/Vegas there are two straps to pull; right and left that will unlatch the tv and let the bottom swing toward you, then lift tv off the wall bracket. Not sure that applies to the newer models since I see from other posts that levers have replaced the straps.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:02 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #10222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
There are 2 levers, left and right, pull toward the rear of tv. Top of bracket sets on a horizontal bar. When you unlatch both locks, tv will pivot out. Lift up.

[emoji1303] spot on info