Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2015, 10:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Vegas/Axis Owners Manual

Saw in the threads there was a discussion by some folks to write a Owners supplemental guide for the Vegas & Axis since the Thor manual is not model specific. Can anyone that participated in that discussion PM me because I have an idea I'd like to discuss. My cell phone forum app does not have a search function.

Also, I saw some post what the Cummins gasoline generator fuel consumption per hour is. Can someone also reply to this thread with the value?

Thanks

Old 08-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #1991
I believe I read it used one half to a gallon per hour depending on the load. It's hard not to use the A/C most of the time while traveling in this part of the country as I guess you're finding out.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:47 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The 5500 on the Challenger uses .60 g/hr at half load and .95 g/hr at full load.

The smaller generator on the Axis/Vegas may use less.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #4

State: Maryland
THOR #1961
I have an Axis 24.1 and find the manual that came with it an absolute piece of junk. There is no way you can have a manual that covers all gas vehicles in the line and expect it to be useful. All it does is take up space. Having gotten that off my chest, I would be willing to help put together a more specific manual for the Axis line if someone is directing the project. Maybe we could sell it to Thor.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #5

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Ed Felker has put together a really nice manual. I believe he is in the final editing stages and will release it soon. I've had a look at an advance copy and it's great!

Search for posts by Ed. I believe he has a thread about it.

Regards,

Randy
Old 09-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #6

THOR #1961
Randy, thanks so very much. We have just finished our first excursion in our new machine and really like it. However, I would have been more comfortable with a good manual. I'll search for Ed Felker. Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:50 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Just looking at the newest batch of good ideas and suggestions. I too will need to search out Ed Felker...thanks again for the information.
I wish I was better at searching I feel like I am looking for a thread in the haystack.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #6616
Yes please!

We bought a 2014 Axis 24.1. I'm a total newb and the more I read the supplied manual, the more questions I have (instead of less!) Things like: Do I have the Black Water Tank Flushing system? Should I spend time looking for it if I'm not even sure it exists? I'd LOVE to drain the plumbing-WHERE are the "Low-point" ports (plugs?)? "Re-fill the black water tank until the bottom is covered"-and you can tell that-HOW? Guess? (recovering sense of humor). Anyway I'd sure pay PLENTY for a model specific manual. Paid a little too much to trust this thing to trial and error.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:32 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by intro
We bought a 2014 Axis 24.1. I'm a total newb and the more I read the supplied manual, the more questions I have (instead of less!) Things like: Do I have the Black Water Tank Flushing system? Should I spend time looking for it if I'm not even sure it exists? I'd LOVE to drain the plumbing-WHERE are the "Low-point" ports (plugs?)? "Re-fill the black water tank until the bottom is covered"-and you can tell that-HOW? Guess? (recovering sense of humor). Anyway I'd sure pay PLENTY for a model specific manual. Paid a little too much to trust this thing to trial and error.
Intro go here:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:39 AM   #10

State: Washington
THOR #6616
THanks

Boy, Ed really produced a beautiful manual there. It's got EVERYTHING! I downloaded it and had it printed and bound. Thanks to all. Especially you, Ed!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:17 PM   #11

THOR #1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
Ed Felker has put together a really nice manual. I believe he is in the final editing stages and will release it soon. I've had a look at an advance copy and it's great!

Search for posts by Ed. I believe he has a thread about it.

Regards,

Randy
Hi Randy and thanks,

I found it and quickly scrolled through it. There is so much info that I need to reread it.

Jamie