Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Vegas HDMI Question

To which tv in my 2015 Vegas 24.1 does the HDMI cable on the top shelf of the cabinet above the sink go? I'm assuming the tv above the entrance. With the AC plug also in the cabinet I can put a blueray up there hooked to the HDMI -- right?

2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Correct the plug & HDMI in the cabinet above the sink are for the TV above the door.

If you have an outside TV its connections are in one of the two outside storage compartments just below the TV.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Thanks Jamie. We do have an outside tv & I found the connections as you mentioned. I'll put our blueray in the cabinet.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Ed,

Just a thought, if you get a DVD/BluRay Unit and install it (over the sink, top shelf in a Vegas) you can get a two or three way HDMI splitter, plug it into the Unit then run cables to your inside and outside TV's.

On our Vegas I went with a two way splitter (could not figure how to get back to the rear bedroom TV) and ran the HDMI to the inside TV and the outside TV (required removing the Microwave, both drawers below the range, drilling one hole into the panel that houses the fridge at the level of the top drawer, fishing a coat hanger down from behind the microwave - already a big hole there with lots of wires so be careful - then out the new hole...followed by then threading the HDMI back up to the Unit and the other end out to the outside TV). I hooked both up to HDMI 3 option on the TV's.

But if you are planning on that much effort and want to do something real cool: get something like a Samsung TSST SE506CB/RSWD 6X USB 2.0 Slim Bluray Writer External Drive, with MDisc support (@$79.00) instead of a simple Bluray Unit. Still use the HDMI Splitter to connect to the TV's, BUT then connect the Bluray to a Mini Desktop PC (like a Quantum Byte Fanless Windows Mini Desktop PC with Windows 8.1 @ $169.00) and hook it a wireless touch Keyboard (like a Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard k400 with Built-in MultiTouch Touchpad @ $31.00). If you do that you will have wired your entire RV to be computer ready at any of the two or three TV's you've wired to or you can just use the Blueray Writer to play your DVD to the TV's or TV of your choice.

It will run about $400 with needed cables, and takes the better part of a day.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote