Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #1607
Vegas In Motion Satelite Roof Mount Location?

I just got off the phone with the dealer who is installing a Wineguard Road Master in Motion Satetlite on my 2016 Vegas 25.1

Wineguard told him to mount in center of MH and a certain distance away from edge. The bracket thor is not in the ideal spot and I'm being told it would be off center more to the front near passenger side of MH

It may work just fine being there but it could look kinda stupid 2 foot off center and maybe take longer to obtain signal.

I was thinking of making a sheet metal bracket that would raise the satetlite up allow for it to be center on roof and also meet Winguard recomendations.

I'm sure they make this and if not I'm sure I could have it made of heavy gauge sheet metal.

Wondering if anyone has install a roof mounted satertile dish and if so any comments or suggestion would be great.

Thanks in advance

Sure there will be more post once we start to use the MH

Pat and Renee

Old 05-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #2

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Ours is just in front of the front vent. It came with the coach, so I don't know anything about the installation. We've never used it.

Randy
Old 05-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #3

State: Ohio
THOR #1607
Yes that is were thor intended the dish to be installed which is 2 foot of center of the MH. Winegard suggest for best reception the dish be center on the roof and 6" from outside edge and not to close to vents/AC.
I now have the unit in my driveway and will look at maybe mounting some brackets to roof so the dish sit above vents and in center of roof. Or I live with it being off center. If I did not like it there or it did not work good it would only require sealing 4 small screw holes.
Let you know
Love the unit but it was tuff driving at 30 to 45 mph but have not had wheel allingment as other said really makes a differance. Motor loud getting up to speed

Sorry for spelling errors
Old 05-04-2015, 02:11 AM   #4

Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
Alignment works a treat. I had ours done before this trip. It made a world of difference. No more white-knuckle moments! Strong crosswind gusts are still not fun, but they are now quite manageable.

Both of my front wheels were toed out 0.1 degrees. That's a perfect recipe for nasty handling.

Regards,

Randy