Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2016, 01:43 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 30q
State: Ontario
THOR #4175
Bedroom tv installation

I have a hurricane 30q and want to add a tv to the bedroom. It have a place in the wall to put it, what I am wondering is how do I attach the tv mounting bracket to the wall? The wall is a thin paneling and the on the other side of the wall is the bathroom so I need to use some kind of anchors that only go through the wall in the bedroom(there is space between the bathroom wall and bedroom wall). I am looking at fairly small tv, likely 23 inches or so.

Thanks

Jim

Old 07-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
I am in the process of installing the small Sieka 24" that was original equipment in the overhead bunk area of my Four Winds 22e. I replaced it with a Visio 32", but back to your original question. My install is against the refer cabinet at the foot of the bed. Same problem with nothing more that a thin panel wall with no other support. I am looking at a possibility which should work.

The idea is to spread the load across the thin panel. I have a nice piece of 3/4"red oak about 10" by 12". and the idea is to stain and finish it. Then mount it to the thin paneling by bonding and screws. It will be hidden by the TV anyway so it really does not need to be furniture quality. Mount the TV to a simple tilt only mount, not a swing arm, too much downward stress to the paneling when the arm is extended. Anyhow, it's one solution.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:25 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 30q
State: Ontario
THOR #4175
Neat never thought about that but think it would work really well. I like the idea of the adhesive then screws just to bond the wood. I am also not looking to have any tilting etc, just want it flat on the wall insert. Thanks,

Jim