Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
z28

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #9536
Warranty Start Date

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how and correct the warranty start date for my 2018 Thor. The title show that it is a 2018, however Ford shows the unit as a 2017 incomplete chassis. I have an issues with the in dash A/C control not having the third speed for the blower motor. This would be covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. Because Ford shows this as a 2017 the warranty is no longer in effect. I have made calls to CW where I purchased the MH, they seem to be dodging my calls. Thanks in advance
Mark

Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
CW should have filed the proper paperwork with Ford when you purchased the unit to delay the start of Ford's warranty until your purchase date. (Actually if you go through your purchase documentation you should have a copy of the form you signed for that--if you do you should be able to show that to a Ford dealer where you want to get it serviced.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
any Warranty starts the day you PURCHASE the vehicle, and has nothing to do with 'when' the vehicle or RV was 'built'... it can sit on a dealer's lot for years, and still be 'brand new' with a Warranty that starts THAT day, no matter 'when' it is purchased.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Common issue with lazy dealers. If you get no satisfaction from your dealer call Thor.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:44 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Go back to the dealer and tell them to file the "Delayed Warranty Start Date" form with Ford. Thor can't help you on this one. This is between you, the dealer and Ford. Had to go through the same thing with the Challenger when we purchased it. Ford will not change the warranty date until they get the form from the dealer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote