Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2685
Warrenty Work

Just finished our first trip to Key West in our new Palazzo 33.2. WONDERFUL coach except that we couldn't get the water heater to work. Had an appointment and dropped it off at my dealer a week ago and as of today he's still waiting on a circuit board and valve from Thor. Thor does not overnight replacement parts and it can take DAYS for Thor to authorize a dealer to effect the repairs.

Is this normal procedure for Thor and has anyone else experienced this?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Many dealers get backed up and blame the manufactures for the delay. best get the PO or claim number from your dealer and call thor and check with them
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #2486
Our experience with Warranty work was 'explained' to us by 2 different places. The way the Thor warranty process works is that you have to have the problem evaluated by a certified RV tech who contacts Thors for 'approval' for the warranty repair. That can take one to two business days. Thor then approves the repair and 'orders' the part to be shipped to the dealer. If you have a new RV getting the part shipped to the dealer can take up to 5-10 business days depending if the part is available and in stock. Then the dealer has to schedule the installation/repair. The dealers all seem to wait to do any repairs until they have 'all' the parts on hand. It has been a very frustrating process for my wife and I. We purchased a 2015 Hurricane 31S and it has been in the shop more than we have been camping.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:59 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #2486
BTW, we also had a similar problem on our New Hurricane 31S. The water heater did not work on AC. We were told it was simply a loose wire. But.... it still took over a week to get fixed because of the Warranty process.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #5

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
The outside TV quit working on our ACE so I first called Seiki who helped me troubleshoot the problem over the phone. It was determined the TV needed to be replaced and I was given a case number. When Seiki found out the TV was a component of the MH purchase they refused the warranty, they only warranty if bought retail. I then called Thor and explained what I had been through and gave them my case number. Thor asked if I could do the exchange myself and I agreed, nothing complicated to do the swap. Thor said they may not have a replacement in stock but would order one for me.
Two days later it was at my door. Changed out and sent the old back in the new box, no problem. Jim.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:42 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 33SW, Diesel
State: Washington
THOR #3195
Keep in mind when you go to the dealer and see all those coaches, trailers, and what nots, that they too are waiting for repairs, not counting the new sales which get priority service. Even if they get the part, they can't just put yours in ahead of all those people that are waiting too. Yes, it takes a bit of time to get from Thor, but it takes more time to get it done at the service point, not because they are just putting you on hold, but because they have others waiting too.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemitebob View Post
Keep in mind when you go to the dealer and see all those coaches, trailers, and what nots, that they too are waiting for repairs, not counting the new sales which get priority service. Even if they get the part, they can't just put yours in ahead of all those people that are waiting too. Yes, it takes a bit of time to get from Thor, but it takes more time to get it done at the service point, not because they are just putting you on hold, but because they have others waiting too.
My dealer actually has 2 distinct service points. One is for new coach prep and initial warranty claims. They handle all service for new coach prep and warranty work for the first 30 days after sale. 31 days and later warranty claims go to the Service Department for repair. In this way I am not competing for time with new coach prep. The 2 centers have their own facilities and personnel.

The Service Department does however get a lot of drive up business (emergency repairs) because they are right off a major interstate highway.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #8

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Warranty Service

My experience with THOR is that there is no customer or warranty service.

Good luck. You are going to need it.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:56 AM   #9

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
My experience with THOR is that there is no customer or warranty service.

Good luck. You are going to need it.
I've had the opposite expirence. Every issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. An example - on a extended trip to Colorado in September one of our toppers had an issue that required it be removed. Not having room to carry it I called Thor, described the problem, they told me to leave the topper in Colorado.

Working through my dealership it was replaced upon my return to Virginia.

But with that said, I have no problem leaving the MH at the dealership for 2-3 weeks once we return from a trip.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:05 PM   #10

Model: Tuscany
State: Colorado
THOR #5100
Looking for a good Service Center in Colorado to take our 2016 Tuscany 44MT
Any help??
Old 08-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #11

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romojo View Post
Just finished our first trip to Key West in our new Palazzo 33.2. WONDERFUL coach except that we couldn't get the water heater to work. Had an appointment and dropped it off at my dealer a week ago and as of today he's still waiting on a circuit board and valve from Thor. Thor does not overnight replacement parts and it can take DAYS for Thor to authorize a dealer to effect the repairs.

Is this normal procedure for Thor and has anyone else experienced this?
Wondering where you stayed while in key West. We were there for spring break and had a great time!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warrenty