Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #10032
Camping world strikes again !

Bought my PD31 in November . During the walk thru I noticed they had run water thru it to check the lines. I pointed out it was November and asked if they winterized it after running water thru it ? Duh, no . So back it goes. A month later the slide craps out. They keep it for a month and don't fix it. I end up taking it to the Thor service center in Indiana to get fixed. Slide gets fixed and I'm a happy guy. Used it a couple of times but always use the shower house and never hooked any water to it.
So today I decide to go out and fire it up and dewinterize it . Water starts pouring out the outside of the tankless water heater. I check it out and sure enough it looks like the water heater wasn't winterized and one of the copper lines is swollen and cracked of the heater exchanger. I'm thinking this isn't a simple fix.
So 5 months later they struck again

Old 05-06-2018, 12:47 AM   #2

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
If one of the copper lines on the water heater is ruptured it can not be fixed, got that from the folks at the Thor Walkarusa service center. You're looking at a complete replacement of the water heater. First hand experience.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:23 AM   #3

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
I just sent a note to Jason at the Service Center. He took care of me last time I went up there. Hopefully they will send me a replacement . I figured it was probably unrepairable ..
Old 05-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #3954
We’ve taken two new Miramars to the service center to sort out numerous issues. Very professional and thorough, with good communication throughout.
If only dealers were even 1/4 as good on making things right.