Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

State: Arizona
THOR #7430
Water Tank leak

I left the 2017 Thor Chateau camper in storage this summer and left 1/3 tank of water in the tank. It all leaked out bc the dealer didnt put the O ring back in the filter and I noticed a ring on the floor around the connection.
How do i get rid of this mold it has created? The floor even feel soft. Would love to sue them!
Note the drain. Plug is also crushed and just drips to empty.
Not a happy camper.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_160809.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	19113Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_160844.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	19115Click image for larger version

Name:	20190720_160823.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	19114

Old 07-29-2019, 03:13 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
That's a mess. If you plan to keep this RV for very long, you should probably pull the water tank and check the floor under it. For a band aid fix on the mold, get some rattle can Kilz and spray affected areas.

Those aren't great answers, but maybe this will bump your post up and someone will give you better ones!
Old 07-29-2019, 05:29 PM   #3

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Bleach or peroxide will clean up and kill the mold

Be careful breathing without a mask while cleaning the area
Old 07-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #4

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
When our basement flooded and the carpet had to be ripped out all the sub floor in the bathroom and the bottom of the stud walls started to develop mold. The folks that were to reinstall the new carpet suggested a product they use, Concrobium Mold Control. After drying everything out we used it extensively on the concrete floor, the bottom of the stud walls and the wood bathroom sub floor. Mold was controlled and no more musty odor in the downstairs.
The key to successfully controlling the mold is making sure everything is completely dry before any remediation attempt. Thus as Mr. Sunshine suggested the water tank may have to come out. 1 to make sure the subfloor isn't rotten and 2 to get at any mold or mildew that may be growing in moisture that is captured under the plastic tank.
Sucks to have to go to all that work but if I were keeping the MH I would and if I were unloading the unit I would still do it as I couldn't sell it with good conscientious. But hey that's just me. Any way sorry to hear about the mess, good luck with the fix. Mark