Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
When I was in the Navy I looked forward to manning battle stations long enough to get c-rations. Not necessarily better food, just no chow line.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #42
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
That's from the Louisiana Hot Sauce
Oh great: the smell of burning poo is enough to drive a hungry dog off a pile of perfectly good guts...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:44 PM   #43

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
"Because the water down here in Pamlico is so full of chemicals I leave with ALL tanks empty and fill the water tank to 2/3 at the first inland campground or state/federal park I come too."

I bet when you wash your face with it, it burns all three of your eyes!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #44
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1550088347
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	three eyes.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	15668  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #45

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Got a new set of glasses recently and that's what I saw after 50 ft driving on the road, seeing double. Took them back and we set down and they put 'prism' on the perscription. After that it was better. Never had that happen before.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 PM   #46

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Oh great: the smell of burning poo is enough to drive a hungry dog off a pile of perfectly good guts...
Hey, the new troops are gettin VA benefits for burn pits - conveniently ignorin the fact that they've been a part of military life even in peace time training, for generations, lol!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #47

THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Got a new set of glasses recently and that's what I saw after 50 ft driving on the road, seeing double. Took them back and we set down and they put 'prism' on the perscription. After that it was better. Never had that happen before.
I'm supposed to wear prisms, but I have a horners syndrome w/3rd nerve damage on top, so the only time prism works is at the time they're being tested bc both injuries are effected by the environment, stress, tiredness, etc. I've learned to view the world slightly overlapped & drive on...I haven't found too many people who can consistently use any form of prism, except for things like a stable stigmatism...
Old 02-14-2019, 12:27 AM   #48

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
I'm supposed to wear prisms, but I have a horners syndrome w/3rd nerve damage on top, so the only time prism works is at the time they're being tested bc both injuries are effected by the environment, stress, tiredness, etc. I've learned to view the world slightly overlapped & drive on...I haven't found too many people who can consistently use any form of prism, except for things like a stable stigmatism...
Well, I tried to get used to the double vision (I figured my eyes would adjust) except when I turned a corner and I saw two trucks coming toward me instead of just one in thier lane. I used to ride motor cycles so I look ahead, look at the speedometer, in all the mirrors and sometimes focus way out or close up. Every time I did that my lane was off angle to my truck. I did notice that closing either eye I could focus and read tiny milemarker signs a lot further than I did before but which eye would I use to drive with? So I went back and had my eyes checked again and someone mentioned that. New glasses and it's ok.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #49

THOR #13770
Glad to hear they're working for you! Sounds like your issus are the kind prism was actually meant to fix. I hope all your winding roads bring nothing but joy
Old 02-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #50

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
"Because the water down here in Pamlico is so full of chemicals I leave with ALL tanks empty and fill the water tank to 2/3 at the first inland campground or state/federal park I come too."

I bet when you wash your face with it, it burns all three of your eyes!!
Naw but washing my face gets the whiskers off. No worry about nicks, cuts and bits of TP hanging off my chin.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #51
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
You've just got to remember to dry off thoroughly... and quickly!!

Old 02-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #52

THOR #8432
Quote:
11 yrs playin medic will do that to girl...
Got a tip for ya since you prolly have your med records from the service. I got my computer and using my record, typed name, address, BD, SS, blood type, allergies, meds i take and surgeries, dates and places. Then after the doc I go to approved it, I made three copies each for my car, truck, RV and my luggage when we travel. Oh yeah, I did my wife's too and it was very appreciated for the three surgeries we had. Lot of work putting it together but makes filling out all those forms so much easier. The info is already there from the service.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:13 AM   #53

THOR #13770
Quote:
Got a tip for ya since you prolly have your med records from the service. I got my computer and using my record, typed name, address, BD, SS, blood type, allergies, meds i take and surgeries, dates and places. Then after the doc I go to approved it, I made three copies each for my car, truck, RV and my luggage when we travel. Oh yeah, I did my wife's too and it was very appreciated for the three surgeries we had. Lot of work putting it together but makes filling out all those forms so much easier. The info is already there from the service.
Thanks Cason61; it's great that you've done it for you & yours. Even better, you've gone on to tell other people about how important it is. As a former combat medic, xray, lab & pharmacy tech, I've already been doing that even when I was a mere e-nuthin. I'm always prepared for that type of issue (wish I could say the same for all my preps), it's kinda part of a medic's dna[emoji39] But the reminder is very welcomed!
Old 02-16-2019, 12:44 AM   #54

THOR #8432
Quote:
Thanks Cason61; it's great that you've done it for you & yours. Even better, you've gone on to tell other people about how important it is. As a former combat medic, xray, lab & pharmacy tech, I've already been doing that even when I was a mere e-nuthin. I'm always prepared for that type of issue (wish I could say the same for all my preps), it's kinda part of a medic's dna[emoji39] But the reminder is very welcomed!
Yeah, curiously enough this started when we had to kennel our pet for the weekend and the needed info, so I figured that when 'I' went to the doc to have all OUR info on a paper (the wife's is a page and and half). This has saved so much time and one time we had a Nurse ask if we were doctors (no, but we did stay in a, oh never mind that). Anyway it works real good.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:12 AM   #55

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
If I go on a quick weekend trip, just have 1/3 tank of fresh water on board since I will be staying at a local campground with water. Planning on a 4-6 week road trip, I plan on taking just under a full tank in case we stop at the roadside stops or Walmarts along the way. I will also take some bottled water to drink. Tank water will be dishes and toilet/shower use on the road (boon docking situation).
Old 02-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #56

THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
If I go on a quick weekend trip, just have 1/3 tank of fresh water on board since I will be staying at a local campground with water. Planning on a 4-6 week road trip, I plan on taking just under a full tank in case we stop at the roadside stops or Walmarts along the way. I will also take some bottled water to drink. Tank water will be dishes and toilet/shower use on the road (boon docking situation).
Well, just in case, consider carrying a case or two of beer for liquid necessities.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #57

THOR #13770
Quote:
Well, just in case, consider carrying a case or two of beer for liquid necessities.
I'd say that's a primal neccesity!
Old 02-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #58

THOR #8432
Quote:
I'd say that's a primal neccesity!
An maybe some extra Bran, er flavoring for the morning coffee.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #59
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
An maybe some extra Bran, er flavoring for the morning coffee.
Spoken like a true "Doomsday Prepper"!
Old 02-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #60

THOR #8432
Quote:
Spoken like a true "Doomsday Prepper"!
Believe it or not, here in Oklahoma we have various types of storm shelters for Tornadoes and mine, located in my Garage, seats 4 and is stocked with jus about the same stuff. 5 gals Water, flashlites, extra batteries, propane cookstove with extra bottles, matchlite quick grilles, heater, matches, blankets, fan, extra meds, real first aid kits, toilet, paper, small booze bottles, medicine bottles with paper money inside and last but not least a table, chairs and a deck of cards.